Sponsored

Why a Gladiator (JT) and not a Wrangler (JL)?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
In all seriousness though, its unreal how different and unique the JL is from the JT. Handling, interior space, the overall "weight" feel of the JL.

To me, at least - the JL feels so much heavier and roomier than the JT. Cargo space is about the same between the two, but I'm not dropping Elk into the JL, so that's where the JT will shine.
I think it's the white of the jl that makes it feel roomier. Sitting in either of mine, which were both bright white with black leather interior, I couldn't discern any difference unless I looked in the rearview. Otherwise identical, until you start driving.

20190513_200327.jpg
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This engine and some boxes of restored car parts that went to Indiana last February - wouldn't have fit into a Wrangler very well - that's ONE reason......
And the 300 pounds of concrete mix last week, or the load of lumber I picked up today........

Jeep Gladiator Why a Gladiator (JT) and not a Wrangler (JL)? 20200211_163145

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
I traded in my ‘18 JLU Sahara for a Gladiator Rubi. I definitely had enough cargo space in the JLU. We would always use it if we had anything tall to pick up over my wife’s more compact SUV. But I still always felt like I had the need for a truck. Either we were doing some house work and had to pick up materials or take our old flooring/drywall/etc to the dump, or we were picking up some new furniture and had to rent a UHaul van in order to not pay an absurd delivery fee. And I can still pack suitcases, dog crates, etc in the back of the Gladiator without worry of them getting soaked under the tonneau if we get some rain. Best of both worlds.

Oh, and the Gladiator was available in Gator. That was probably the number one factor now that I think of it.

Heimdall

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT / 2022 JL / 2023 JT
Occupation
Rural Carrier/Veteran
I went to the dealership to buy a wrangler. There where no incentives. The Gladiator was new and offering Cash. Plus it has a bed! It was common sense for me😀 It’s been a year now. We went back and traded in my wife’s Cherokee. Now we have them both!

Sponsored

Broccoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I could probably haul most of the things that i need to in a JKU or JLU with the rear seats folded down if I wasn’t a single father of three. That was the deciding factor while standing in the dealership.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
For me, I always loved the scrambler cj-8. Then they made the tj rubicon which I loved and always wanted do the AEV bruit conversion. Then rumors came of a Jeep Gladiator concept. That’s my dream truck. Finally after years of drooling over Jeeps (and I’ve owed my fair share.) I was able to get my dream vehicle last weekend!!

64920D42-FABE-476A-A570-1F216AE38F14.jpeg

Heimdall

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT / 2022 JL / 2023 JT
Occupation
Rural Carrier/Veteran
For me, I always loved the scrambler cj-8. Then they made the tj rubicon which I loved and always wanted do the AEV bruit conversion. Then rumors came of a Jeep Gladiator concept. That’s my dream truck. Finally after years of drooling over Jeeps (and I’ve owed my fair share.) I was able to get my dream vehicle last weekend!!

Jeep Gladiator Why a Gladiator (JT) and not a Wrangler (JL)? 64920D42-FABE-476A-A570-1F216AE38F14
Congrats

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
Sold my F250 because we bought a new boat that stays at a marina so no more towing (thank God!). Needed a truck with a bed for home improvement and hauling wet stuff home from the lake, and the wife and I had been wanting another Jeep for years. So it was a pretty easy decision and the way it drove sealed the deal. The other contender was a Colorado ZR2, which rode and handled great but has a crap interior, terrible seats, and small back seats.

If I bought another Jeep it would probably be a cheap TJ just to beat around with.

8F11712C-1D00-4E9A-9476-C7E33BE5127A.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Can't think of a better reason here, and before y'all try to give me a "weenie mashing" for laying a freezer on its side. It was for about an hour and it sit upright for about 2 hours before plugging it up.
IMG_20210803_175246714_HDR.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'll never even look at a Wrangler again.

Jeep Gladiator Why a Gladiator (JT) and not a Wrangler (JL)? 20210627_152049

CoachRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Importer Exporter
The answer is: Because sometimes you need a pickup truck bed.
Sponsored