Pulling a Camper

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Check out this youtube video of a Overland Gladiator pulling a Black Series near Moab. Pretty cool.

Hey that's pretty cool. I looked it up and they're 40k new! Holy crap they're as much as a gladiator. Then I started reading and evidently they sue people who give them bad reviews. I also read they aren't the quality they claim bc they use a lot of cheap Chinese crap. Im not sure what's true or not but it was a cool video and I wonder if my geo pro with the offroad package will be able to do this?
Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Hey that's pretty cool. I looked it up and they're 40k new! Holy crap they're as much as a gladiator. Then I started reading and evidently they sue people who give them bad reviews. I also read they aren't the quality they claim bc they use a lot of cheap Chinese crap. Im not sure what's true or not but it was a cool video and I wonder if my geo pro with the offroad package will be able to do this?
if you think that one is $$$ take a look at Bruder. As for quality I can’t speak for the Black S as I have not seen one in person but I have been around upwards of 10 popular brands and they are all pretty much crap in my experience. Especially when you start hauling them across rough terrain. I will be taking a close look at the Black S in another year or so as it appears to be capable and of reasonable quality. Likely not perfect but we will see.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you think that one is $$$ take a look at Bruder. As for quality I can’t speak for the Black S as I have not seen one in person but I have been around upwards of 10 popular brands and they are all pretty much crap in my experience. Especially when you start hauling them across rough terrain. I will be taking a close look at the Black S in another year or so as it appears to be capable and of reasonable quality. Likely not perfect but we will see.
Oh yeah i saw a bruder. amazing! phenomenal quality and fantastical price. I don't mind paying for quality stuff that i'll keep for a long time, but when it hits housing prices, forget it. i really wonder how many bruders are sold each year? I also wonder with these black series what the production cost is vs what the market will support. did i tell you when i was looking at a camper van that the same one that goes for 55k in europe is sold for 90+k here in the US just because the market will support it? Wow!

Gitfo

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (Gator) Max Tow
We just acquired a 22FB Airstream. Did you by any chance add axle risers to yours? We have a nightmare of a driveway hump and have a set on order. Nice rig BTW!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just acquired a 22FB Airstream. Did you by any chance add axle risers to yours? We have a nightmare of a driveway hump and have a set on order. Nice rig BTW!
Wow those airstreams are nice! Even the used ones are out of my price range. So cool though. Yeah I got the offroad package and it comes with a bit of lift. I knew I was going to need that.

Sponsored

Gitfo

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (Gator) Max Tow
Wow those airstreams are nice! Even the used ones are out of my price range. So cool though. Yeah I got the offroad package and it comes with a bit of lift. I knew I was going to need that.
Well, let's just say I'm spending down the kid's inheritance to afford it. We just got is and my Gator Sport is just a week old. Will be doing a shakedown run to a nearby camp area maybe this weekend.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, let's just say I'm spending down the kid's inheritance to afford it. We just got is and my Gator Sport is just a week old. Will be doing a shakedown run to a nearby camp area maybe this weekend.
Nice! Im hoping to get mine in about a month. Then I'll go crazy and travel every weekend until my wife gets mad.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
My kids just asked me today when we are getting a camper since we have had the Jeep for almost two months now, lol. I love that they are so excited, but this thing is turning into work for me. Got to still install my cyber monday bumper and winch, and tazer trail cam for the offroading my son wants to do. Need to address the terrible halogen lighting situation. Now they are pressuring me to get the camper. Love the excitement just need more time in the day, lol. Another 6 weeks and they will be asking where the tube doors are when we start getting some 80 degree days.

And I still need to order and install a brake controller. The saying "just empty every pocket" is becoming so true.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
upload_2020-1-16_7-47-15.jpeg

Pulled my little Casita nicely with the Rubicon. I actually pulled this camper with my old JL, 4000 miles over 2weeks on one trip.
upload_2020-1-16_7-51-20.jpeg
Those are great little campers! It's for 2 right?

Sponsored

Gatorator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
With the double dinette converted to one large bed, it's comparable is size to a king size bed.

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Pulled our camper again this weekend. It’s about 3,800 lbs. I have the Overland (with tow package), and you can definitely feel that your pulling a camper in the JT. It does a nice job of pulling the camper, but a bit sluggish. I also need to get trailer breaks!

1045AF88-C55D-4827-8C31-8FD11357B040.jpeg
So I just got off the phone with a rental company and was told that I can not tow their trailer with a 2000lb load capacity because I do not have a 1 ton truck. That the trailer would be too heavy and push the truck around. Am I missing something?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
So I just got off the phone with a rental company and was told that I can not tow their trailer with a 2000lb load capacity because I do not have a 1 ton truck. That the trailer would be too heavy and push the truck around. Am I missing something?
They are clueless and confusing tow capacity versus GVW. Tell them you have a 2-1/2 ton truck since it weighs over 5000 lbs.

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Just installed my brake controller on the Gladiator, hooked up to my camper, and ran it down the road! Tracks nicely, brakes are working fine, nice low first gear to get things rolling! Highway speeds were good w/ this 5000# trailer hooked to it!

1CB3F5A3-F727-47AA-8324-84054489002B.jpeg

190FA1D0-B61D-4AAD-BA23-1B5CE1964ACA.jpeg
where did you get your controller and what brand?
Sponsored