First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
if it get the 2.5" evo springs and considering it nets to 4.5" which length of fox shocks should i purchase ?
  1. SHOCK FRONT, 2-3IN LIFT
  2. SHOCK FRONT, 3.5-4IN LIFT
  3. SHOCK FRONT, 4.5-6IN LIFT
We could speculate, but I think the best answer is to call EVO and ask them what shock lengths they specify.
Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I’m looking at their 2.5 inch Enforcer Stage 3 kit and was wondering the same thing.
It doesn’t seem right that you got 2 extra inches from a 2.5 lift kIt. Are you sure the front and rear springs aren’t swapped?
Did they give you the right springs? Check part numbers in instructions?
I called them the other day to ask why I would need a different offset or wheel spacers and was told it’s because of the additional droop their kit provides might cause the wheels to hit other components when the axles shift towards the driver side due to track bar geometry at full droop. They have more droop because they use a slightly softer spring in their kits which also makes me scratch my head in how you got 2 extra inches of lift.
I did find this blurb in their “Read Before Install” section of instructions:

“2.5” JT Enforcer/Enforcer Overland kits with either EVO shock extension kit or shocks 28 7/8” extended or less do not require driveshafts.”

I may just order their 2.5” shock extensions for now until I can do the ultimate swap with Fox 2.5 shocks with remote reservoir and DSC (Dual Speed Control) when the piggy bank is fat again. They cost about $2800 for all 4. But I like the idea of high and low speed adjustments. Perfect for the dual purpose on/off road driving we do.
It’s the darndest thing about that piggy bank. It keeps gettin’ skinny, fat, skinny fat, ever since I bought the Gladiator.

Last edited:

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else running the EVO 2.5" lift and have experience with the actual height? I am running a JT Rubicon and have a heavy front bumper with winch so curious how much actual height I will see with this lift verses a 3.5" Metalcloak.

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I thought manufacturers usually list height differences for Rubicons. If the Rubicon sits a bit higher than a Sport wouldn't that account for a part of the difference?

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I thought manufacturers usually list height differences for Rubicons. If the Rubicon sits a bit higher than a Sport wouldn't that account for a part of the difference?
The issue is that I read some saying the EVO 2.5" lift is much taller than advertised. The Rubicon stock suspension while different isnt any taller than other Jeep. It comes with 33" instead of 32" tires so is a little taller due to tire height. The fenders are also higher giving it a taller look and making room for taller tires stock. The lift will likely give a little less height to a Rubicon due to a small amount of added weight but not much and likely not noticeable. Most of the added weight is in the axles (with the lockers) which doesn't impact the weight over the springs.

My hope is that someone with the 2.5" EVO lift will chime in with real world experience on how much actual height difference they got.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
The issue is that I read some saying the EVO 2.5" lift is much taller than advertised. The Rubicon stock suspension while different isnt aly taller than other Jeep. It comes with 33" instead of 32" tires so is a little taller due to tire height. The fenders are also higher giving it a taller look and making room for taller tires stock. The lift will likely give a little less height to a Rubicon due to a small amount of added weight but not much and likely not noticeable. Most of the added weight is in the axles (with the lockers) which doesn't impact the weight over the springs.

My hope is that someone with the 2.5" EVO lift will chime in with real world experience on how much actual height difference they got.
What size tires are you planning to run @Phljeeper ? I'm running the 4.5" Evo and had a true 6" of lift front/rear.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently running 35" tires and will probably run them with this new lift for the short term. But plan to upgrade to 37s.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon Gladiator. I am currently running a 2" Synergy coil up front and a 3/4" daystar spacer in the rear as when I got the truck there were very few lift options available. My goal now is to go with a complete lift system that gets a little more height to move up in tire size. I also have a LOD mid width front bumper and a winch.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator. I am currently running a 2" Synergy coil up front and a 3/4" daystar spacer in the rear as when I got the truck there were very few lift options available. My goal now is to go with a complete lift system that gets a little more height to move up in tire size. I also have a LOD mid width front bumper and a winch.
4.5' EVO otherwise, you will still want more lift due to fenders rubbing at full articulation if you really get it twisted up on the trail. I took the "one and done" approach as opposed to baby steps because of looks or sporty appearance.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
4.5' EVO otherwise, you will still want more lift due to fenders rubbing at full articulation if you really get it twisted up on the trail. I took the "one and done" approach as opposed to baby steps because of looks or sporty appearance.
Appreciate the feedback @Desert Outlaw, 4.5" sounds huge and even more if you are saying you actually got 6" of lift. I have no need for that much lift. Honestly I can fit 37s under my Jeep currently and my 35s don't rub at all on rocky trails at Rausch Creek. I am sticking with the 2.5" lift but just wanted some more real world feedback on how much actual lift people got.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The funny thing about building 4x4's is as time goes by, what once looked huge looks smaller and smaller. A 2.5" EVO lift appears comparable to a 4" lift because EVO measures their lifts from the back as opposed to most manufacturers who measure from the front. I read that a 2.5" EVO lift measures 4 inches over stock height up front. That their springs are a higher quality, so they will not sag over time. My TJ Rubicon has the 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty lift and a 1" body lift. Their lifts generally are measured from the perspective of how much lift over stock will you have AFTER your rig is loaded down with gear. These variables all come into play once you are on the trail and out for that weeklong series of trails.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing about building 4x4's is as time goes by, what once looked huge looks smaller and smaller. A 2.5" EVO lift appears comparable to a 4" lift because EVO measures their lifts from the back as opposed to most manufacturers who measure from the front. I read that a 2.5" EVO lift measures 4 inches over stock height up front. That their springs are a higher quality, so they will not sag over time. My TJ Rubicon has the 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty lift and a 1" body lift. Their lifts generally are measured from the perspective of how much lift over stock will you have AFTER your rig is loaded down with gear. These variables all come into play once you are on the trail and out for that weeklong series of trails.
Thanks for the info and I agree, its crazy how big I used to think my TJ was running on 33s and even crazier how big I thought my YJ was on 31s. And now thinking that my JT on 37s may not be big enough.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting. The link didn't work though, can you try it again?
Sponsored