First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
If my grandfather was alive, he'd love that. That's what they look like to me...old man shit. To each his own I guess

Sponsored

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Since they’re only working with fiberglass and the Gladiator is popular. I would expect to see a dozen of these on the market in a few years in every shape, style and size. They’ll have reinforced roofs, pop-up tents , lighting all kinds of fixtures and so on and so on.

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon
So...buy a JT to turn it into a less open JL?

I guess if you bought the topper ezlift system and their tent kit with the tailgate down a 6 foot person would be able to sleep in the bed without being too cramped.

Maybe fully separated dog kennel.

Help me out. Why buy this as opposed to a jl other than keeping tow rating?

I mean I get to each his own but this locks my brain up almost as hard as the toppers made for Subaru Baja's.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

I guess if you bought the topper ezlift system and their tent kit with the tailgate down a 6 foot person would be able to sleep in the bed without being too cramped.

I mean I get to each his own but this locks my brain up almost as hard as the toppers made for Subaru Baja's.
JT is way more versatile than the JL... JT has bed payload of 1150 or more depending on the configuration. JT can carry tall and wide objects easily - just moved a 8 foot long couch with mine - tailgate vs swing gate... tailgate wins. JT rides better on the road than a JL or JK. JT is the only convertible truck on the market. Then there is the towing capacity. Keep in mind a topper can be taken on and off just as easy as a hardtop - some toppers even easier as they only have 4 to 6 easily accessible and sometimes turn screw hold-downs. There is always the soft topper option too. The JT works for me... may not be for everyone.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

A JLU has 31.7 cf of cargo space behind the backseats.

Mine has approximately 72 cf of cargo space behind the rear seats -- more than double the JLU.

a7lhxta.jpg

A JLU has 72.4 cf of cargo space with the rear seats folded down, about the same as I have with my spacious rear seats unmolested.

I could take less than half of the camping/hunting gear with me when I take my boys and/or others along. As my rig is now, I can talk everything I want, including firewood, etc … With a JLU, I could not bring a lot of what I want, including firewood when needed.

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason that soft top looks much better, plus you can easily fold it down cab side and make room for large objects. Think it's about 700 bucks too.
It may look better and is cheaper ($750), but it's also less secure.

I like it and am glad I have it. But I likely would have gone with a solid top if one had been available when I bought this.

For example, I don't keep my recovery gear in my bed on a daily basis. Granted, I don't think I'll need it around town. But if I had something lockable, I probably would keep my tools and recovery gear in there year round. Instead, I just load it when I go off the grid. My dad and my two boys recently went on a day hike/hunt out of town in the NF, but were spending the night in a hotel. When parked at the trailhead, I threw the stuff that was in the bed (duffles with clothes, etc …) in the backseat and covered it with a black blanket. If I had a locking top, I likely would have kept it in there. No biggy, but it requires a bit more effort.

OP
OP
Pizziola29

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase

the jt as said is so more versatile. For me personally gives me room for large dog crate plus tons of storage in the bed with the crate. And by adding a rack to the shell I can put my tent up there and properly overland with our dogs and gear protected . Each their own yes but so much possibilities for all of us.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds

Richs Gladiator

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
According to a chat I just had with ARE, dealers can now preorder the CX Classic. https://www.4are.com/product/cx/
They could not offer a price as that is for the dealer. I will report more once I get that info.
I bought a Diamondback Cover for my Gladiator, little pricey but I love it
Sponsored