One-touch window buttons - any mods?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Wondering if it was possible to add 'one-touch up' to the window buttons? It's a pain in the butt holding 4 buttons at once to get the windows up. Maybe I'm just super impatient :LOL:
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How does one do it and have the sensing capability that is required so that if a human hand, arm or head is in the window, it stops before exceeding xx pressure?
Last I knew that was a requirement and why some vehicles don't have auto-up - the expense of sensing. (people have been seriously injured, thus the requirement for sensors)
How is that worked out? Does the mod include that sort of thing, perhaps a certain draw from the motor?

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
Most modules have current sensing and will stop when the current increases due to an obstruction

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Most modules have current sensing and will stop when the current increases due to an obstruction
That's EXACTLY what I was wondering and thinking when I asked. OK, good to know. Thanks.
I breezed through your write-up - did you mention cost?
My wife is disappointed that she has to reach over and hold the button (she has a handicap so a mod would sure be a help)

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's EXACTLY what I was wondering and thinking when I asked. OK, good to know. Thanks.
I breezed through your write-up - did you mention cost?
My wife is disappointed that she has to reach over and hold the button (she has a handicap so a mod would sure be a help)
exactly as I did around $225. without the harnesses i built around $120... harness kits were sourced thru ebay & amazon...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
exactly as I did around $225. without the harnesses i built around $120... harness kits were sourced thru ebay & amazon...
Thanks - I bookmarked your write-up. I love pictures - I'm a visual person so seeing is helpful. I might end up doing that with my JT.
My wife's GC of course has the full auto down and auto up and she misses that on this - so do I but then my Silverado was like the JT - hold the button to go back up.
I like your comment about the possibility of the windows going up when locked.

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - I bookmarked your write-up. I love pictures - I'm a visual person so seeing is helpful. I might end up doing that with my JT.
My wife's GC of course has the full auto down and auto up and she misses that on this - so do I but then my Silverado was like the JT - hold the button to go back up.
I like your comment about the possibility of the windows going up when locked.
I couldnt sleep so I tried my idea on the auto roll up feature I mentioned and it worked! I connected the Brown Siren Trigger input to the ignition aux wire in the passenger kickpanel. I set the dipswitch on the module to (-) input and when the vehicle is off, the module triggers the windows to roll up. Pretty neat but keep in mind you will never be able to leave the windows cracked plus the roll-up feature happens pretty quick once the car turns off. I am going to try it like that for now to see if I like it. Another option may be to tap the hood switch assuming it energizes or goes to ground only when the lock signal is received from the remote this may the roll-up is delayed a bit...
Sponsored