Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Oil Field (Retired Infantry Marine)
Vehicle Showcase
Just like wranglers, going to have issues. Got a massive crack out of nowhere, don't see a rock chip. Dealer says backorder till August and not under warranty. $600 plus install
Look closely at my windshield, I made a rock chip guard and it has saved my windshield a few times already

Gladiator Rubicon.jpg
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I made it a good 7 months or so. I just noticed a crack on the bottom right corner of passenger side this morning. It's already found it's way to both the right and bottom frame so I don't think it's going to expand any more. It's relatively small so I'm going to leave it for now. I'll post pics later.
Does anyone have replacement cost yet?

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Look closely at my windshield, I made a rock chip guard and it has saved my windshield a few times already

Gladiator Rubicon.jpg
This is actually a cool solution and easy to make I guess. Definitely worth the effort.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Safelite is charging a base price for OEM Windshields of 560 installed. I'm only guessing it'll go up if you have ACC since there's an option for that on the quote tool

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
Well a couple weeks after getting the windows tinted (including the windshield), I get my first rock chip...ugh! Only driving 25mph and it was a light tick sound, must have hit just perfectly, was only this size of a dime. Called the insurance to see if they could repair, came out the next morning, fixed it near perfect can barely tell its there, no charge. Very happy because it wouldn't just be the $100 deductible for me it would be the extra effort and dollars to tint the new one.

If it happens call right away, they can fix it if you can get to it before it spreads.

Sponsored

Deleted member 39643

I just got my first at 1500 miles, lame! I skipped on the windshield comp, might get that next time I need to reup. Looks like full windshields are under $200 online though. Might get the tools to do it myself. Helps that our windshield is easily removable.

$1.98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Got mine about 10 miles after I bought it. Its from top to bottom on the passenger side. Go in tomorrow for a new one.

RickG

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
High Voltage Electrician
Joining the club! Had my Mojave 3 weeks and on the way home from work today, a mysterious crack appeared out of no where in front of the steering wheel from the bottom about 7 inches long. And it seems to be growing fast! Safelite supposed to come out and fix it Wednesday. We’ll see.

JTMJT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon -
Occupation
Emergency Management
I have had my Gladiator since April 2021. Before That I drove my 2010 2d Wrangler for 280,000 miles. I had one replaced windshield in all that time and no other cracks. Since April, I have 7 cracks in my windshield. I drive on the same roads, the same way I did in my Wrangler. Both my Jeeps have 3" lifts. There is definitely something wrong with the material or installation of the Gladiator windshields. But, of course, we have to pay out the butt for more expensive glass????? C'mon Jeep, BS.

Sponsored

JTMJT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon -
Occupation
Emergency Management
Ugh, 8 cracks. All you have to do is look at my windshield and it cracks. Called a local auto glass place here in Auburn, they have the Gorilla Glass replacement for $1000. I got a $500 deductible with my USAA so its a 50/50 and I get a 2 year warranty. Install next Friday.
My issue, Jeep recommending Gorilla Glass as if they know there is something fishy going on with their windshield quality and/or installations. Talking to a service guy at a Sacramento Jeep dealer, he says there's nothing different about the JL/JT installs or glass manufacturing. Like he's researched it and knows. NOT, he's talking the party line for Jeep. Annoying and not helpful. The JL and JT are not the same windows as the JKs, they're more curved. But, whatever. It's getting replaced. We'll see how gorilla this next one is.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have half a dozen chips in mine already - the type you can see and catch a fingernail on.
I have several dozen of the other sort - the light twinkles in them but you can't really feel them. I feel like calling my agent and telling him about the chips as they'll fix those for free - I wonder how long it will take them to fix all of the chips that may turn into cracks?? A day?

JTMJT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon -
Occupation
Emergency Management
I have half a dozen chips in mine already - the type you can see and catch a fingernail on.
I have several dozen of the other sort - the light twinkles in them but you can't really feel them. I feel like calling my agent and telling him about the chips as they'll fix those for free - I wonder how long it will take them to fix all of the chips that may turn into cracks?? A day?
LoL At some point, the distortion from the stuff they repair the chips with will affect your vision.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
LoL At some point, the distortion from the stuff they repair the chips with will affect your vision.
That's what I'd be afraid of...... but I may for kicks have them do some of them. I'm not quite saved up yet for the next windshield!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Well 2 days ago… bang… crap… cracked windshield… again… good news replacement be here in 10 mins woot
Sponsored