Sponsored

Gladiator Crash - We Won! Impressions as the driver......

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
It’s a funny, good question @jjmstang . But no, not from State Farm. And in my experience, from a customer service point of view, they suck. I used to use them for all of my insurance needs but changed to Geico due to their poor customer service. You and others may like State Farm but I got fed up with them. And just FYI Jake is not my real name. It’s just a made up forum name that I came up with. As you know it’s a very public forum and lots to people out there with heads that are not properly screwed on. But hey thanks for the chuckles.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well the only good thing about Sunday night was a Packer win over the Seahawks! On our way home from the game a drunk driver blew a red light barely missing another vehicle. As I believed a crash was imminent between these two vehicles I was moving into the oncoming traffic lane and to my surprise these two vehicle died not collide which put the red light runner right in front of Vlad. We struck the Buick SUV broadside with the front right corner of the Gladiator at about 35 mph. The other car was traveling about 25 mph. Airbags deployed and we ended up the curb and not the sidewalk nearly taking out the traffic control signals. Minor bumps and bruises to the two right passengers in the Jeep. The Buick was permanently disabled/totaled. As the driver the Gladiator was real solid and it was a big blow. The other driver attempted to flee by driving away, that wasn't gonna happen because we won the crash but eventually fled the scene on foot but was later captured by the police K9. Driver was wanted on drug related charges and was charged with OWI Causing injury and Hit and Run.

Vlad faired ok but is seriously hurt. Most damage was contained to right front bumper and quarter panel. The vehicle we struck spun and then hit the right rear passenger door crushing in the door and the rear of the cab. The front axle broke just right of the differential but this was most likely due to the fact I was running the factory steel bumper in the shorty mode! Overall I feel that the Gladiator took huge blow, suffered extensive damage but less than I would have thought, and was solid and felt safe in this crash situation! Here are the photos:
upload_2020-1-14_13-11-58.png

upload_2020-1-14_13-14-43.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-15-53.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-16-23.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-16-41.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-17-4.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-17-29.png
upload_2020-1-14_13-18-53.png
Oh, you told me it happened, but didn't know you had a post about it!

Poor Vlad....GO PACK GO!
06d565ca-aeb2-48d8-a80c-533de66c1641-large16x9_NFCChampionshipGame.png

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also curious to know; did you find out if the driver had insurance? Hope they did.
I firmly believe in learning from others situations. Time for everybody to do some research about how uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage works on their policies, also find out if your umbrella has extra uninsured/underinsured.

Then at least if a worthless insurance-less soul ruins your ride/body injury, you can get money from YOUR insurance.

We JUST settled with 2 insurance companies from when my wife was physically struck by a vehicle while walking TO a Packer game from Thanksgiving 2015.....

Not to threadjack of course. Hope Vlad is back to stronger than before and the Mrs. is alright. Don't settle with any insurance until you're fully aware of all physical issues from the crash. I think you have 3 years to file a claim in wisconsin. Good Luck bro!

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think it would have fared any better with a full-width steel bumper?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @steffen707 thanks for your great suggestion. Everyone should check to make certain that they have the proper insurance coverage. I am fully good to go, have extra insurance that covers the uninsured and underinsured drivers, covers damage to my truck as well as well as injuries to me and my passengers. Good piece of mind coverage.

Oh and speaking of the great games, to me it’s like when I used to play soccer. I didn’t care if we won or lost as long as we had a fun time playing. Making head ball goals was a great part of the fun. Same thing with watching a ball game or NASCAR race. Doesn’t really matter to me who wins as long as it was a great game or race to watch. Right, @jurfie ?

I firmly believe in learning from others situations. Time for everybody to do some research about how uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage works on their policies, also find out if your umbrella has extra uninsured/underinsured.

Then at least if a worthless insurance-less soul ruins your ride/body injury, you can get money from YOUR insurance.

We JUST settled with 2 insurance companies from when my wife was physically struck by a vehicle while walking TO a Packer game from Thanksgiving 2015.....

Not to threadjack of course. Hope Vlad is back to stronger than before and the Mrs. is alright. Don't settle with any insurance until you're fully aware of all physical issues from the crash. I think you have 3 years to file a claim in wisconsin. Good Luck bro!

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Doesn’t really matter to me who wins as long as it was a great game or race to watch. Right, @jurfie ?[/USER]
Most of the time, that is the case. ;)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
It’s a funny, good question @jjmstang . But no, not from State Farm. And in my experience, from a customer service point of view, they suck. I used to use them for all of my insurance needs but changed to Geico due to their poor customer service. You and others may like State Farm but I got fed up with them. And just FYI Jake is not my real name. It’s just a made up forum name that I came up with. As you know it’s a very public forum and lots to people out there with heads that are not properly screwed on. But hey thanks for the chuckles.
I have Geico and all the personal injury attorneys I worked with had Geico. And Geico was the easiest to work with claims wise for settling, though I noticed that Geico had the fewest number of folks in accidents on the defendant side.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I know your from State farm. Just sayin:movember:

OP
OP
pilotpat

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)

The driver was not the owner of the vehicle. The vehicle is insured by Geico. So that is good. Looks like no Vlad till first week of March!! Ugh. I’d Vlad were Granite Crystal I’d be lucky to get him back by fall!!

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
pilotpat

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Bummer. If you need any help with our Maximus-3 parts, we are here to help.
My Maximus3 didn’t even budge! Not hardly a scratch!! If I would have hit him square he might not have faired so well!
Sponsored