madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
upload_2019-12-30_16-20-44.jpeg

i had not seen that thread psy, thanks for the link.

i'm crunched for time so rather than load the rack/bike into the truck i snapped a pic on the patio.

this wont work in a JT, too long. but this is how i'm using the thule in the ford. with the front wheel turned off to the side i then use a small bungie and strap the front wheel to one of the tie downs in the corner to limit side-to-side movement. i measured from the rear of the tire to the forward most point on the bike and it's well over 5'.

like i said, i've got a rocky mount hitch rack that i use with/for my LJ, that will prob be my most frequently used "go to" solution with the JT.
Sponsored

Reactions: Tim

Sixt7gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S max tow, LJ, M725

"JeePers"

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
I bought a bike rack for my F-150 that is called the Latchit Rack. When I sold my ford and bought the gladiator I was able to convert the rack to fit. I checked and they sell them new for the gladiator as well ( website says "coming soon" but he shipped me everything I needed for my gladiator). It is a neat design and gives you even more room in your bed for stuff because it attaches with your tailgate open. Dude that is selling these is super cool and has awesome customer service. I also have a tonneau cover and this is perfect for wanting to have both. I attached some pix of it installed on my gladiator and then some other pix (not mine) of the bikes loaded. Once everything is strapped down, it is very secure with no rubbing.

Check it out: www.latchitrack.com

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.06.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.06.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.07.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.14.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.15.38 PM.png

Sponsored

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
No, I just strap down, doesn’t move at all on the road.

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
I bought a bike rack for my F-150 that is called the Latchit Rack. When I sold my ford and bought the gladiator I was able to convert the rack to fit. I checked and they sell them new for the gladiator as well ( website says "coming soon" but he shipped me everything I needed for my gladiator). It is a neat design and gives you even more room in your bed for stuff because it attaches with your tailgate open. Dude that is selling these is super cool and has awesome customer service. I also have a tonneau cover and this is perfect for wanting to have both. I attached some pix of it installed on my gladiator and then some other pix (not mine) of the bikes loaded. Once everything is strapped down, it is very secure with no rubbing.

Check it out: www.latchitrack.com

Jeep Gladiator Bike rack and Tonneau cover A9E772DE-A783-45AA-99C4-673731CDD095

Jeep Gladiator Bike rack and Tonneau cover A9E772DE-A783-45AA-99C4-673731CDD095
that is sweet! I wish i knew that existed for my old tacoma with a camper shell. it was a pain to get more than three bikes on the tailgate pad with the shell.
Sponsored