Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Each time I start the truck up, I get that indicator at the lower left part of the cluster screen showing the two vehicles colliding, right pointing arrow and it says it's disabled.
I've got it set up in the uconnect screen, I chose a medium distance, and as I recall, alert and brake or something like that. Anyway, I've been into the settings screens at least twice to be sure it's there, it's on, it's enabled.
I've never had it beep at me, never a thing. And every single time I start it, it says that collision avoidance is disabled/off.

Is this an issue, do I need to chat with dealer or is it normal to always say that it's disabled when you first start it?
I've checked the friendly manual, looked over the settings, nothing.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Each time I start the truck up, I get that indicator at the lower left part of the cluster screen showing the two vehicles colliding, right pointing arrow and it says it's disabled.
I've got it set up in the uconnect screen, I chose a medium distance, and as I recall, alert and brake or something like that. Anyway, I've been into the settings screens at least twice to be sure it's there, it's on, it's enabled.
I've never had it beep at me, never a thing. And every single time I start it, it says that collision avoidance is disabled/off.

Is this an issue, do I need to chat with dealer or is it normal to always say that it's disabled when you first start it?
I've checked the friendly manual, looked over the settings, nothing.
It does checks every it starts up to ensure the system is operational. Flashing the indicator is part of the check. It's only something to worry about if the warning light stays on.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It does checks every it starts up to ensure the system is operational. Flashing the indicator is part of the check. It's only something to worry about if the warning light stays on.
So, to rephrase that to make sure I get it - the light coming on and saying it's disabled is part of the POST (Power On Self Test) routine and as long as it comes on, shows disabled and then goes off - it's ok.
If that's the case, then I guess it's normal. For some reason I never noticed it before the last month.
But then there's so many other cool things to pay attention to - it's the best equipped most modern vehicle I have ever owned, unless you count my wife's Grand Cherokee, but as she keeps reminding me - that's HER Jeep. Seriously, when she lists our vehicles, she says:
My Jeep (meaning her GC)
Your Jeep (meaning my WJ I bought from Dad's estate)
"The truck" - the Gladiator
"your little car" meaning the SX4
"the Javelin" - the 73.
Very clearly the Grand Cherokee is HER Jeep. SHE drives it. I get to drive it if it needs gas.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So, to rephrase that to make sure I get it - the light coming on and saying it's disabled is part of the POST (Power On Self Test) routine and as long as it comes on, shows disabled and then goes off - it's ok.
If that's the case, then I guess it's normal. For some reason I never noticed it before the last month.
But then there's so many other cool things to pay attention to - it's the best equipped most modern vehicle I have ever owned, unless you count my wife's Grand Cherokee, but as she keeps reminding me - that's HER Jeep. Seriously, when she lists our vehicles, she says:
My Jeep (meaning her GC)
Your Jeep (meaning my WJ I bought from Dad's estate)
"The truck" - the Gladiator
"your little car" meaning the SX4
"the Javelin" - the 73.
Very clearly the Grand Cherokee is HER Jeep. SHE drives it. I get to drive it if it needs gas.
You are correct. It is part of the start up self check. If the light stays on you either have it disabled in the U connect options or it has a fault and needs service. If it comes on at start up and then goes off you are good and it's working properly.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. It is part of the start up self check. If the light stays on you either have it disabled in the U connect options or it has a fault and needs service. If it comes on at start up and then goes off you are good and it's working properly.
I think what got me wondering is that I never noticed it before.
I should have known it would check all alert systems, even in the old days the brake warning light was supposed to come on when starting then go off.
This should be no different - except back then it also tested the #94 dash bulb to make sure it wasn't burned out LOL

At this point I'd say, like 99.99% of the rest of this truck, it's operating as intended. Once I get a couple minor annoyances resolved, our record of having excellent Jeep experiences will be back to normal.
Most of our Jeeps have had no problems, and of those we have had, they have been minor and taken care of under warranty (minor as in appearance items save for a window regulator that totally let loose and let the right front door window drop in the dead of winter - dealer was all over that one), or taken care of via a recall.

Cool, Thanks, all. Again, I should have suspected it was normal - just so much going on. I bet if I had asked my wife she'd have said her GC does the exact same thing.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have mine set to just Warn & not brake.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have mine set to just Warn & not brake.
My "opinion" is that that is where everyone who has never had it before should start - get used to it and move from there.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My "opinion" is that that is where everyone who has never had it before should start - get used to it and move from there.
yeah that's how I did Adaptive CC
Sponsored