Sponsored

Bed cover on the cheap! (From Chevy Colorado)

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This is designed for trucks without the cargo management rails. I was able to install it despite having the rails.
Thank! Ordered mine. Originally wanted to get the diamond back but i need to carry SUVs and our bed is too short to put it on top so did not want to keep taking it off. Will let you know how the install goes. i do not have that tie down rail so should be no issue but could you tell me what size bolt fits these holes for the rail install? I wanted to add some anchors but not sure what size bolt it should be. Amazon link would be appreciated :).

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Thank! Ordered mine. Originally wanted to get the diamond back but i need to carry SUVs and our bed is too short to put it on top so did not want to keep taking it off. Will let you know how the install goes. i do not have that tie down rail so should be no issue but could you tell me what size bolt fits these holes for the rail install? I wanted to add some anchors but not sure what size bolt it should be. Amazon link would be appreciated :).

Thanks!
Sorry, I don't know that bolt size.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

Thanks!
They are M6-1.0 x 25mm.
https://www.amazon.com/M6-1-0-Flang...Q0CK247MEHQ&psc=1&refRID=5AT2MWPSDQ0CK247MEHQ

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
If it's poping up a little in the back you need to reset the rails on the side by pushing in toward the bed. That solved my issue at least.
Or use the adjustments at the back to change the tension on the tabs that click in when you close it per the instructions. mine has 3k on it no issues.

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
If it's poping up a little in the back you need to reset the rails on the side by pushing in toward the bed. That solved my issue at least.[/QUO
could be too far apart. when installed mine noticed that possible issue

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
got mine few days back but due to crappy weather did not install until today. well was easy and quick. I did not add weather proofing to the front which is needed if you do not want rain in there especially when driving, but that is for spring and should be easy enough modification.
V2-MtuqznEXLHMBZJCp0W15MNh302J5R_E3HJmbBvy8N8qjT9ODLjF19EOy5a9O67Jz8EN9vqOb9p3sOtY=w1250-h937-no.jpg

1cqGswMbMNjzNtVTHESkLpZPunYg6a_F6tv94nE8vXmRrqQaIZJzNQS0IslGqhIXCnjC8GG47e_vvepEBM=w1250-h937-no.jpg

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Put mine on yesterday. Had to remove the side rails to make it fit unfortunately. Fits well.

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Finally got bolts and tie down anchors https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9ZKRH6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

worked out good. had trouble getting through the bed spray, broke one bolt now need to extract, hate it when it happens. recommend finding better quality bolts with higher torque strength. here is a picture how it came out, i think it is enough for me and certainty beats any rail system price vise as well as being very low profile
7UrpeAoCwT0sk_EkwdgrHMFD0Auk5mJo5mG3gQHegQkbaTCyGtLJfKmnXJalHpMHRsmQmSsC1peNZe0jh4=w1250-h937-no.jpg

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine on yesterday. Had to remove the side rails to make it fit unfortunately. Fits well.
just ordered. Was originally thinking something more expensive/elaborate and made in the USA but this is too good a deal to pass up and quality looks pretty decent. $147 to the door with tax on Amazon. Says it will be here by Friday.

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
I hate that I had to remove the side rails to fit it. I thought I saw someone post about some black hardware that would go into the jeep rail system and into the tonneau holding rail.
Cant find it now . Looked around the internet too.
Only found some that dont seem to have the correct depth.
Screenshot_20200218-131237_eBay.jpg

If anyone knows about them please link.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
got mine few days back but due to crappy weather did not install until today. well was easy and quick. I did not add weather proofing to the front which is needed if you do not want rain in there especially when driving, but that is for spring and should be easy enough modification.
V2-MtuqznEXLHMBZJCp0W15MNh302J5R_E3HJmbBvy8N8qjT9ODLjF19EOy5a9O67Jz8EN9vqOb9p3sOtY=w1250-h937-no.jpg

1cqGswMbMNjzNtVTHESkLpZPunYg6a_F6tv94nE8vXmRrqQaIZJzNQS0IslGqhIXCnjC8GG47e_vvepEBM=w1250-h937-no.jpg
I have the same one.. Tyger... it fits perfectly.

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I hate that I had to remove the side rails to fit it. I thought I saw someone post about some black hardware that would go into the jeep rail system and into the tonneau holding rail.
Cant find it now . Looked around the internet too.
Only found some that dont seem to have the correct depth.
Screenshot_20200218-131237_eBay.jpg

If anyone knows about them please link.
Understand wanting to save a bit with this cover at a great price- but losing the trail rails would be a no go for me. I went with the access literider, has version specifically for the JT with trail rails, and will work with some bed racks (jcr offroad for sure) when I eventually add that later on. Paid 329 for mine from autoanything, at my door 2 days later and installed no problem in the trail rails in about 1/2 hour. Very happy with it so far, fits tight and looks good.
Sponsored