First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Anyone know how to remove the media outlet door (without breaking it)?

I rather have the ports exposed completely, than to have the door sticking out.
20200117_192016.jpg
20200117_192023.jpg
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I looked at this as well. If you look at the far sides of the cover where it hinges at the top there are openings. I imagine there is a rod in there keeping it in place. I would think a punch would do the trick. Think of an AR’s dust cover.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2018 Lexus GX460
Does State Farm cover that removal?
No, but Farmer's covered the great Media Door catastrophe of 2019. I think it had to do with a bald guy, a squirrel and a razor taped to a golf club. Bum ba dum bum, bum, bum ,bum...

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I looked at this as well. If you look at the far sides of the cover where it hinges at the top there are openings. I imagine there is a rod in there keeping it in place. I would think a punch would do the trick. Think of an AR’s dust cover.
Looks like a pin hinge to me too. That small, you could probably use a sewing needle to get it started and then needle nose pliers the rest of the way. May have to have the door open to access the end of the pin inside
OR, it may be like the retaining pin on a watch band. Little bitty screwdriver in the slot just right of center as push pin towards center.
Let us know if you figure it out. Might do that myself

OP
OP
Climbhigh

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Pushing it through doesn't seem to work...tapping on finishing nail with a chisel handle.

Also tried sticking a utility blade in to do the whole watch band thing..

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Pushing it through doesn't seem to work...tapping on finishing nail with a chisel handle.

Also tried sticking a utility blade in to do the whole watch band thing..
Obviously I'm not the only one who has always done their own watch bands -( or those of their wife)
I found a whole band-aid tin box full of watch band parts the other day I had forgotten I had.
Does that truly go clear through, or is it like some hinges and pivots of the past where it's simply pins in a recess and you have to push the recess back, or the pins are in tabs you flex back?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Climbhigh

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Obviously I'm not the only one who has always done their own watch bands -( or those of their wife)
I found a whole band-aid tin box full of watch band parts the other day I had forgotten I had.
Does that truly go clear through, or is it like some hinges and pivots of the past where it's simply pins in a recess and you have to push the recess back, or the pins are in tabs you flex back?
Pretty sure the pin doesn't go through the whole center. I think the holes (on each side) are there just to push the pins in, and therefore the have to be worked back out some how.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
I have been using the port inside the console and run the cable out through the little indentation that goes to passenger side. Works well when a rear seat passenger needs to play music too. But I do like the idea of that 90 degree end cable.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Now that looks cool. Looks like an almost perfect solution. Where did you get that cable from? Does it plug into an I-Phone? Love to know. Thanks

I took a different way. Almost shuts all the way.

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image3.jpeg