Sponsored

Rear Underseat Locking Box Alternate Option

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Probably nobody. With it being bolted to the floor it really isn't worth the effort in my opinion to remove. Then if you leave it unbolted you lose the security of it locking. Kind of a useless feature.
True that! My previous motorcycle had a rear trunk and side boxes that locked but when unlocked could easily been removed by lifting a handle to the carry position which disengaged the docking mechanism and allowed it to be lifted off. A little more planning and design would have made the under seat storage box a lot more convenient and versatile. Had it been, I would have gladly paid the option cost for that and the rear rails. As it is, it wasn’t worth it for just the rails when I’ve seen others making rails from unistrut.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
True that! My previous motorcycle had a rear trunk and side boxes that locked but when unlocked could easily been removed by lifting a handle to the carry position which disengaged the docking mechanism and allowed it to be lifted off. A little more planning and design would have made the under seat storage box a lot more convenient and versatile. Had it been, I would have gladly paid the option cost for that and the rear rails. As it is, it wasn’t worth it for just the rails when I’ve seen others making rails from unistrut.
Something like that would have made more sense, or some kind of latch inside you press. Only jeep would make something "removable" that requires 4 bolts. But they don't seem to have the best engineers, they make a car with removable doors but still mount the mirrors to the doors every generation

I ended up going with the system due to the total package. The combination of the outlet, rails, and lockable underseat storage was enough for me. As much as I plan on going doorless I needed something secure, I just wish they didn't market a feature of the system that likely nobody will ever use. lol

ambroselittle

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
It's crazy to me that this isn't already supported by third parties. Seems like a definite need for those who don't do the massive upgrade or happen to get one from a dealer without it.

Anyhow, I'd pay for it. Maybe I just need to up my handy man game, tho. LOL
Sponsored