Rhino Rack / Metalcloak Gladiator Build [SEMA 2019]

ZroCool

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
On their web site there are several negative reviews of the shocks.

When i talked to Metalcloak at the off road expo they told me that the six pac shocks were meant for rock crawling and for anything else they recommended their regular shocks.
I had a set of their Original 6pak shocks and they did have some leaking issues, but I had them upgraded the original shock with the new O-rings. Used them for about 4-5yrs and never had any issues.
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
What is your suspension set up in the rear?

ZroCool

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
What is your suspension set up in the rear?
As of right now I only have the MetalCloak Leveling Kit, waiting on the 3.5” kit. I think it is being released in January....

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
As of right now I only have the MetalCloak Leveling Kit, waiting on the 3.5” kit. I think it is being released in January....
Thanks.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Backbone projected to be available around spring time.
Can you take some photos how the Backbone is installed on the JT? I've seen the images on their website for the JK/JKU, but I'm curious how the internal reinforcing works on the JT's hardtop.

Edit: oh, two more questions:
  1. what is the spacing between the Backbone bases/rails?
  2. what size Pioneer platform is that?

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
Can you shed some light on the 2.5” as a leveling? Everything I seem to see is that there is a 1.5” rake on the rubicon. I would think that 2.5” would set the front higher than the rear.
Also did you have to change out the front drive shaft for the 2.5” leveling kit?

Sponsored

ZroCool

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Can you shed some light on the 2.5” as a leveling? Everything I seem to see is that there is a 1.5” rake on the rubicon. I would think that 2.5” would set the front higher than the rear.
Also did you have to change out the front drive shaft for the 2.5” leveling kit?

This is a pic of it at the CES show, going into the Midland Radio booth. To me it doesn’t looked raked.

342F6572-0990-43A9-8022-3C09A3791FC1.jpeg

ZroCool

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I haven’t replaced the front driveshaft yet, I will have to though.

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
This is a pic of it at the CES show, going into the Midland Radio booth. To me it doesn’t looked raked.

342F6572-0990-43A9-8022-3C09A3791FC1.jpeg
It does look pretty level. I was thinking that from the factory the rear is about 1.5” higher than the front so raising the front only would surpass the height of the rear making it look like it is squatting.
I am ok with level, just don’t want that squat look.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Can you take some photos how the Backbone is installed on the JT? I've seen the images on their website for the JK/JKU, but I'm curious how the internal reinforcing works on the JT's hardtop.

Edit: oh, two more questions:
  1. what is the spacing between the Backbone bases/rails?
  2. what size Pioneer platform is that?
Did you see my questions quoted above, @ZroCool ? Really interested to see more of the Backbone and Pioneer system. Cheers! :beer::beer:
Sponsored