First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
C2944F8B-5167-4CCA-9203-FC2DBD7CE333.jpeg
BFB8F1B5-68F8-4531-BE68-CED076D07EC8.jpeg
Just had my first oil change done at a local Jiffy Lube. Truck is right at 6,000 miles. Manager there immediately pointed it out to me that the PCV hose was not connected. This had to have been factory sloppiness. It’s not a big deal, will hardly affect the engine performance. But still pretty bad to have a new truck get shipped out without this being connected. Y’all might want to check your trucks to make certain they are connected.
Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So.... Have you never opened the hood in 6k miles?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to me to be the CLEAN AIR intake line for the crankcase. As the PCV evacuates the crankcase, there has to be clean, filtered air allowed back in - there's a line that comes from the air cleaner or the air intake tube after the air is filtered and goes to the crankcase.
In days of old that was a hose from the air filter tub to the oil fill cap or the top of the valve cover, etc.
So all it was doing was allowing dirty, unfiltered air, into the crankcase. ;)

No biggy if you live where the air is totally clean with no dust at all...... yeah, right.

Oh, and not to mention it leaves a hole for unfiltered air to get into the INTAKE. Double bad.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Good question. Dealership never told me about this. In fact I asked them just yesterday if Jeep put synthetic oil in my car (should get me up to 8,000 miles before I had to have my first truck change) or if they just used normal oil that should go up to 6,000 miles. And they told me that they used a semi-synthetic oil that is only good for just 3,000 miles. Will now ask the dealership why they failed to mention the free tire rotations and oil changes. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Hey @JeepCares how can I get these free oil changes and tire rotations? And is it really true that factory oil is good for only 3,000 miles? The Jiffy Lube people told me that a semi-synthetic oil should be good for 5 - 6,000 miles. Please advise. Thanks

Any reason you did not take advantage of the 4 free oil changes and tire rotations provided by FCA?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. Dealership never told me about this. In fact I asked them just yesterday if Jeep put synthetic oil in my car (should get me up to 8,000 miles before I had to have my first truck change) or if they just used normal oil that should go up to 6,000 miles. And they told me that they used a semi-synthetic oil that is only good for just 3,000 miles. Will now ask the dealership why they failed to mention the free tire rotations and oil changes. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Hey @JeepCares how can I get these free oil changes and tire rotations? And is it really true that factory oil is good for only 3,000 miles? The Jiffy Lube people told me that a semi-synthetic oil should be good for 5 - 6,000 miles. Please advise. Thanks

LOL - yeah, right - now WHY would Jeep say in the BOOK 10,000 miles if they used a 3,000 mile oil?? Tell me that one, JL - does Jeep want to replace engines by using a 3,000 mile oil and tell you go 10,000 miles?
I don't trust what those fast-lube places say most of the time. Few are truly trained, except in making sales of product.

By the way, didn't you get a Jeep Wave packet in the mail? Took about 6-8 weeks to get mine but it arrived. The JT is automatically enrolled in the Jeep Wave program. Even if the dealer was lazy and didn't tell you, there should have been a small packet arrive in the mail telling of the advantages you get the first 2 years.
Shame on the dealership - but this is still automatic.

Seansmd

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiaator Rubicon 2020, 2018 Audi SQ5, 1967 Camaro RS/SS
Occupation
Tech
LOL - yeah, right - now WHY would Jeep say in the BOOK 10,000 miles if they used a 3,000 mile oil?? Tell me that one, JL - does Jeep want to replace engines by using a 3,000 mile oil and tell you go 10,000 miles?
I don't trust what those fast-lube places say most of the time. Few are truly trained, except in making sales of product.

By the way, didn't you get a Jeep Wave packet in the mail? Took about 6-8 weeks to get mine but it arrived. The JT is automatically enrolled in the Jeep Wave program. Even if the dealer was lazy and didn't tell you, there should have been a small packet arrive in the mail telling of the advantages you get the first 2 years.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/dashboard/details.html

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport

Hey @ShadowsPapa thanks for your post. I already sent a message to my dealership about this, waiting to hear back from them. I bought a set of Sport S wheels and tires from another member here a few months ago, had less miles on them than what I had on my base Sport truck at that time. Almost time for my first tire rotation. Too late for the first oil change, water over the bridge. But for certain will make certain my dealership handles the first 3 rotations and the next 2 or possible 3 oil changes.

I need to buy you guys a chilly beer for pointing this out to me. Look me up next time you happen to be in Charleston.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/dashboard/details.html
Hey @Seansmd same to you. Cheers!!!!

Attn: @JeepCares please PM me and let me know about getting signed up for this Jeep Wave program and my 3 free oil changes and tire rotations. I already paid for my first oil change. Love to get Jeep to take care of my next 3 oil changes. Thanks

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @ShadowsPapa thanks for your post. I already sent a message to my dealership about this, waiting to hear back from them. I bought a set of Sport S wheels and tires from another member here a few months ago, had less miles on them than what I had on my base Sport truck at that time. Almost time for my first tire rotation. Too late for the first oil change, water over the bridge. But for certain will make certain my dealership handles the first 3 rotations and the next 2 or possible 3 oil changes.

I need to buy you guys a chilly beer for pointing this out to me. Look me up next time you happen to be in Charleston.

Hey @Seansmd same to you. Cheers!!!!

Attn: @JeepCares please PM me and let me know about getting signed up for this Jeep Wave program and my 3 free oil changes and tire rotations. I already paid for my first oil change. Love to get Jeep to take care of my next 3 oil changes. Thanks
Well my wife wants to hit Florida one of these days, months, whatever and I have a son down in Florida now so there's some excuses to get out and about and meet a few of the good Gladiator folks. Who knows, might even see one on the road down that way - they are a rare bird up here for sure.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
@Jake it's 4 oil changes with rotation, 2 per year for 2 years. Surprised your dealership didn't also give you the 1st one free. Mine did, so I'm 5 free in 2yrs

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Your factory fill oil is fine until the first recommend change from the OLM or one year, whichever comes first. Your prerogative if you want to change early and use a Jeep Wave service then.

As for the Jeep Wave, it is standard with every JT purchase. Includes up to 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations within the first two years (two for each year). The dealership can looks this info up with your VIN when you make an appointment. Also is listed on the Mopar Owners connect website when you create an account and tie in your vehicle VIN.
Sponsored