Sponsored

New bumper with winch installed

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Just added a LOD mid width front bumper with a Quadratec stealth winch and KC lights. I think it looks perfect on my Gladiator.

1AD8A083-0A00-4BF6-ADD7-3885C0A7F70C.jpeg
My favorite bumper for the Gladiator - (and JL) Looks good

What was the weight gain - any significant impact?

OP
OP
Phljeeper

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite bumper for the Gladiator - (and JL) Looks good

What was the weight gain - any significant impact?
Thanks. I agree and had the same bumper on my JK as well. Yes I did have a good bit of front end drop due to the weight. Total weight was about 130-140lb including the winch. I added a 2” coil lift with 1” spacers in the rear and am now back to level. Lost just under 1” in the front.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
looks great. The same bumper just showed up in my driveway yesterday. Purchased a teraflex level kit to raise it back up

OP
OP
Phljeeper

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
looks great. The same bumper just showed up in my driveway yesterday. Purchased a teraflex level kit to raise it back up
Thanks. That should help but keep in mind the reason it needs to be raised up is weight and compression of the spring. The level kit if it’s spacers only will leave the spring compressed. You may want to use heavier duty springs over spacers to get the height back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Yes, I understand the spacers are an aesthetic aid and does not alleviate the compression on the spring from the extra weight. Truck only has 1100 miles on it and I would like to feel how the handling is affected before trying to figure out which spring rate in right for the additional weight. I just don't like that much rake visually.
That should help but keep in mind the reason it needs to be raised up is weight and compression of the spring. The level kit if it’s spacers only will leave the spring compressed. You may want to use heavier duty springs over spacers to get the height back.

OP
OP
Phljeeper

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I understand the spacers are an aesthetic aid and does not alleviate the compression on the spring from the extra weight. Truck only has 1100 miles on it and I would like to feel how the handling is affected before trying to figure out which spring rate in right for the additional weight. I just don't like that much rake visually.
Agreed and makes sense. I am now at about a half inch rake which I think looks about right. I have daystar 3/4” spacer in the rear and 2” lift springs in the front which are about 10% stiffer than stock rubicon springs. Next step for me is 1” spring lift in the rear, leaving the small spacer and adding the 3/4” daystar to the front. Should remove a little more rake and give a slightly higher stance.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
What brand lift springs did you go with? Are you doing anything for the shocks/bumpstops?
Agreed and makes sense. I am now at about a half inch rake which I think looks about right. I have daystar 3/4” spacer in the rear and 2” lift springs in the front which are about 10% stiffer than stock rubicon springs. Next step for me is 1” spring lift in the rear, leaving the small spacer and adding the 3/4” daystar to the front. Should remove a little more rake and give a slightly higher stance.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Debating on replacing springs vs going with a small complete lift kit that accommodates a heavier front end

OP
OP
Phljeeper

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
What brand lift springs did you go with? Are you doing anything for the shocks/bumpstops?
synergy coils in the front that are listed as 2” lift for a JT. They don’t make rear coils for the JT yet but will get them when they come out. Using a 2” extension for the sway at linkages and 2” bump stop extensions. I have 2” lift fox shocks coming shortly. Nothing other than the daystar spacer in the rear.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Got ya. Sounds like your pretty much piecing your own lift together. Post up how the ride all works out, I'm curious how the different components will work together.

OP
OP
Phljeeper

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Got ya. Sounds like your pretty much piecing your own lift together. Post up how the ride all works out, I'm curious how the different components will work together.
So far rides like stock. I will prob add a new front trackbar and either geometry correction brackets or longer lower front control arms.

Lod Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just added a LOD mid width front bumper with a Quadratec stealth winch and KC lights. I think it looks perfect on my Gladiator.

1AD8A083-0A00-4BF6-ADD7-3885C0A7F70C.jpeg
Great looking Jeep if I do say so myself! Send us some hi res pics and we may just post them on our website!

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Talked with synergy about their front coil springs and decided to stick with the 1" teraflex spacer kit based off of their recommendation. Basically the bumpstop I would have to add to use their springs would reduce the up travel I have because I am running 33" tires. If I were running bigger 35" or 37" tires the bump stop would be necessary to limit the tire rubbing into the fenders. So to get the front end lifted back to where it was they recommended a .75"-1.0" spacer kit. Made sense to me after he explained it but I wouldn't have thought of that myself.
So far rides like stock. I will prob add a new front trackbar and either geometry correction brackets or longer lower front control arms.
Also added my LOD bumper and winch this week. Have a folding license plate cover and new flat hook on the way to clean up the front end. Will post up new pics when that goes on.

20200120_142857.jpg
Sponsored