Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
You won't get a reply on the weekend. Probably better for you to PM them with your question
Yes I kinda figured that yesterday when you got no replies from them. In fact yesterday I did a search of posts from them and I saw a few weekend posts from them one particular weekend but most weekends no posts at all. Asked them for comments yesterday and also asked them yesterday to send me a PM for help. Certain they will reply tomorrow.

Your factory fill oil is fine until the first recommend change from the OLM or one year, whichever comes first. Your prerogative if you want to change early and use a Jeep Wave service then.

As for the Jeep Wave, it is standard with every JT purchase. Includes up to 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations within the first two years (two for each year). The dealership can looks this info up with your VIN when you make an appointment. Also is listed on the Mopar Owners connect website when you create an account and tie in your vehicle VIN.
Thanks.
Sponsored

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Good info here about the offered service, my dealer hasn't mentioned it to me yet. I get delivery next week. At any rate, it's a good thing to go over your vehicle after delivery to look for these factory "mishaps" as you can almost count on finding a couple. My last new vehicle had a couple of hose clamps that were just hanging loose, one at the gas fill hose, and another at the air intake. Consumer Reports goes over all their new cars they test and always find a few things the factory forgot to do. Give your truck a good once over, especially under the hood and underneath.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Good question. Dealership never told me about this. In fact I asked them just yesterday if Jeep put synthetic oil in my car (should get me up to 8,000 miles before I had to have my first truck change) or if they just used normal oil that should go up to 6,000 miles. And they told me that they used a semi-synthetic oil that is only good for just 3,000 miles. Will now ask the dealership why they failed to mention the free tire rotations and oil changes. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Hey @JeepCares how can I get these free oil changes and tire rotations? And is it really true that factory oil is good for only 3,000 miles? The Jiffy Lube people told me that a semi-synthetic oil should be good for 5 - 6,000 miles. Please advise. Thanks
As I’m sure many have mentioned, just sign up for Mopar Companion & Jeep Wave, or just go to any jeep dealer and tell them you want to use your jeep wave lube and rotation (on a side note, you get 4 total for two years, and they’re “use em or lose em”)

As for the oil, 3k mile oil change is pointless, whether conventional or synthetic....5k is fine with conventional, usually 10kbwith synthetic....using my JTs “oil health” monitor...I was at 5% health with 9300miles

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would venture to guess the Jiffy Lube fellow knocked that connection loose (intentionally or other wise) when he was looking at your air filter. Those guys usually like to upsell wipers, air filters, and anything else they can.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would venture to guess the Jiffy Lube fellow knocked that connection loose (intentionally or other wise) when he was looking at your air filter. Those guys usually like to upsell wipers, air filters, and anything else they can.
You mean like the old days of the empty oil can, the cut rad hose or belt, rubbing stuff on a belt to make it squeal.....
Used to happen now and then, not as common these days - but stuff still happens. I've seen 'em try to replace wiper blades that had been put on only a couple months earlier, bring out a dirty air filter that isn't actually yours......... that I've actually seen.
I was also buying tires one time and they said they required an alignment first - then tried to show me that my idler arm was loose. What a crock - I'd rebuilt the entire suspension and steering just weeks prior. He really tried hard - he pushed and pulled with all his might and said see - that shouldn't move like that.

Folks just need to be careful - check the thing before going in, just a quick look-over, check belt(s), hoses, all lines and connections, then if anyone tries anything you are more aware.
Not everyone can be a tech or mechanic, but everyone can be more aware and know what to watch out for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Nope. I was standing right beside them when they opened the hood. It was early in the mirrors and I was the first(and only) customer there. The second they open the hood a guy there immediate pointed this I connected line to me. I had checked the oil level a couple of times before and simply had not noticed it, had gone straight to the dip stick both times.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
My dealership finally today texted me to advise how to sign up for the Jeep Wave program. Am getting them to rotate my tires for free this Saturday.

As I’m sure many have mentioned, just sign up for Mopar Companion & Jeep Wave, or just go to any jeep dealer and tell them you want to use your jeep wave lube and rotation (on a side note, you get 4 total for two years, and they’re “use em or lose em”)

As for the oil, 3k mile oil change is pointless, whether conventional or synthetic....5k is fine with conventional, usually 10kbwith synthetic....using my JTs “oil health” monitor...I was at 5% health with 9300miles

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My dealership finally today texted me to advise how to sign up for the Jeep Wave program. Am getting them to rotate my tires for free this Saturday.
Interesting. I didn't have to sign up for anything. Signing the paperwork on the purchase enrolls you automatically. Any new JL or JT as well as a couple of other models such as the WK2 and KL TrailHawks get the Jeep Wave benefits automatically.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Will check it tomorrow, going out tonight. Will be highly ticked off if they gave me bad info. Still have not heard back from @JeepCares but they may not work on weekends or today since it’s MLK Day.

Interesting. I didn't have to sign up for anything. Signing the paperwork on the purchase enrolls you automatically. Any new JL or JT as well as a couple of other models such as the WK2 and KL TrailHawks get the Jeep Wave benefits automatically.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Had to create account and password on web site but that's likely just to access the "dashboard" info - Jeep Wave was probably still done at dealership.
The sales guy actually set stuff up while I was there - he asked for my email, phone number, plugged some stuff in and said there, it's all set up - he said I'd get emails with links to get the web stuff setup.

Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Exactly!!

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Am I missing something here? This thread started out criticizing an automotive worker for possibly neglecting to perform their job properly and rolled into hey you should be letting the dealership perform critical routine maintenance on your JT because it’s free! NO THANKS. I'll change my own oil and rotate my own tires for a few dollars rather than trust an automotive worker at a dealer who may or may not perform their job properly too. If you want a job done right, do it yourself!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Am I missing something here? This thread started out criticizing an automotive worker for possibly neglecting to perform their job properly and rolled into hey you should be letting the dealership perform critical routine maintenance on your JT because it’s free! NO THANKS. I'll change my own oil and rotate my own tires for a few dollars rather than trust an automotive worker at a dealer who may or may not perform their job properly too. If you want a job done right, do it yourself!
Depends on who is doing it. Not everyone here IS a mechanic or has the tools, facilities, etc. There's some who are brilliant at things I'd never attempt, but I'd not want them changing my oil.
So it's not always wise for any owner of a vehicle to be doing the work.
Some dealerships do great work - not all are crappy. It's the few who aren't up to snuff who give the rest a bad reputation.
Believe it or not - my Chevy dealer people actually TORQUED the wheels when rotating and even said bring it back if in the area for a recheck..... (although I never did - I have a drawer of torque wrenches so no need for a recheck.)

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Both my wife's JL and my JT were automatically enrolled in the Jeep Wave program, received the packet around 30 days after purchase. The membership card will have your name and the last 8 digits of your VIN on the card, and a Jeep Wave decal to put on your windshield. My wife hasn't noticed or said anything as I have the decal on the bathroom mirror corner. ✌

BlurImage_21-1-2020-0-57-39.jpg
Sponsored