First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Those parts are definitely needed for the rear part of the bracket. (Those also the other parts that are contained in of 82215183AB.)

I think that there is a pair of additional brackets that are needed to attach in the front.

I have a JT Rubicon that came from the factory with a plastic bumper and the optional steel skid plate. I recently replaced it with the steel bumper and needed to get a different (compatible) skid plate.

This weekend, I'm going to take the new skid plate off and see if I can pull these brackets off. (I didn't attach anything to them when installing the new skid plate. I talked to a dealer parts person and a service tech. They thought that the brackets shouldn't be needed for anything else.

Maybe someone else knows for sure???

Here are three photos:

1. Front view of Gladiator with the bumper off. The red box shows the bracket in question.

FrontViewCrop.png

2. A comparison of the two skid plates. The one that works with the steel bumper on the top and the one for the factory skid plate is the bottom. Both are oriented in the same direction: JT front toward the bottom. Here you can see the difference... I put a red box around the spot where the bracket is used to attach this skid plate. (The rear mount point is the same for both skid plates... See the blue circle.

SkidPlateComparison.jpeg

3. An (extreme) close-up of the The face of the bracket is in the upper part of the picture

ShoeCloseUp.jpeg
I'm about to do the same install. Did you need anything other than the bumper and the skid plate to install the steel bumper?
Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I got ahold of a stock Rubicon (non Steel) front bumper and also the metal skid plate that goes with it - but it looks like I'm missing some sort of mounting brackets/hardware?
Does anyone know what that skid plate bolts into and if the brackets are available anywhere?
upload_2020-1-2_10-28-40.png
Sport S with rubicon one piece bumper and skid plate.

B9102A82-4097-4780-97D5-82A9B7674941.jpeg

8AA38634-27C5-49F5-9240-CD3B961FE2C7.jpeg

0E0AAF55-2885-44AC-A800-6BD7F86EEF01.jpeg

7549A7A5-84AD-4FD1-89C3-04E1771E4776.jpeg

rickrogan

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm about to do the same install. Did you need anything other than the bumper and the skid plate to install the steel bumper?
If you are doing the factory steel bumper and the corresponding steel skid (that ties into the front bumper), you just need the steel skid kit 82215183AB that contains the necessary hardware. Along with the required tools, of course. The front bumper needs to be torqued to 90 ft lbs (if I recall correctly) which was enough that I dug out my torque wrench to get it right.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
If you are doing the factory steel bumper and the corresponding steel skid (that ties into the front bumper), you just need the steel skid kit 82215183AB that contains the necessary hardware. Along with the required tools, of course. The front bumper needs to be torqued to 90 ft lbs (if I recall correctly) which was enough that I dug out my torque wrench to get it right.
Right, so I just buy the bumper and the kit and I'm good. Thanks

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Bumper, corresponding skid and two brackets. Ideally from someone that has upgraded their rubicon. I got everything for $75.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bumper, corresponding skid and two brackets. Ideally from someone that has upgraded their rubicon. I got everything for $75.
I have the stock Rubicon skid plate and front brackets coming - need the rear brackets and hardware.

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have the stock Rubicon skid plate and front brackets coming - need the rear brackets and hardware.
Crap, didn’t realize there is a rear bracket. Explains the rear holes! Do you have the part number or link to the rear bracket?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Crap, didn’t realize there is a rear bracket. Explains the rear holes! Do you have the part number or link to the rear bracket?
@rickrogan has a post on page 1 of this thread, last post on that page, he lays out the part numbers for the forward and rearward left and right brackets. That's what I will have to go by. Those are apparently the same on both Rubicon skid plates, the front brackets are only used with the non-steel bumper.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JT Rubicon that came from the factory with a plastic bumper and the optional steel skid plate. I recently replaced it with the steel bumper and needed to get a different (compatible) skid plate.
I just got the local shop to cut the stock skid to fit under the (in my case, Quadratec) aftermarket steel bumper.

rickrogan

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I just got the local shop to cut the stock skid to fit under the (in my case, Quadratec) aftermarket steel bumper.
That's pretty cool. Would like to see pix when you have the time

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty cool. Would like to see pix when you have the time
It's hard to see, let alone capture in a pic, what they did. The only place where the skid comes close in contact to the bumper is where the top front of the skid meets the brackets on the bumper. I assume that they just trimmed the skid at those points. How one would want to do it would depend on which bumper is on the Jeep.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Rubicon skid plate and what I believe are the front brackets in hand now.
So at this point I need to get the rear brackets and the hardware (bolts, nuts, etc.)
The skid plate is from a Rubicon with the "plastic bumper" so it's the skid plate that does not attach to or screw to the bumper.
It uses front brackets to hang from the frame horns.

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I have the Rubicon skid plate and what I believe are the front brackets in hand now.
So at this point I need to get the rear brackets and the hardware (bolts, nuts, etc.)
The skid plate is from a Rubicon with the "plastic bumper" so it's the skid plate that does not attach to or screw to the bumper.
It uses front brackets to hang from the frame horns.
I just finished the install of the rubicon skid under the plastic bumper. I needed 4 brackets, 8 riv nuts, 8 bolts, and 4 screw/bolts.

Pocono-Jeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Dodge Durango
I just finished the install of the rubicon skid under the plastic bumper. I needed 4 brackets, 8 riv nuts, 8 bolts, and 4 screw/bolts.
What method did you use to install the rivnuts? I’ve been looking at the tools they sell for installing them, but the ones for the skid plate brackets are pretty beefy and I wasn’t sure they would get the job done.

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I just ratcheted them in until they were set tight then backed out the bolt.
Sponsored