Sponsored

Mopar Lift, front, harsh bangs over small bumps.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
So i just got the 2" mopar dealer installed. It's brutally cold here in Alberta currently so i'm not ruling it out as a factor but as soon as i went into a pretty mild crop field for some pics and hit a bump bigger than a manhole cover depression or raised lip on an entrance into a parking lot i hear a loud bang and feel it in the floor board etc. Startling/unnerving.

So i take a quick look underneath and the only thing the jumps out at me as the front coil spring and what's inside it. It looks like a bump stop on the bottom and then the bumper itself comes down from the top...the two items are only about 3" apart within the coil. Am i right in assuming that would equal about 3" of compression before going bang? I'm not a mechanic by any means and this is my first lift beyond a couple leveling puck spacers i had on the front end of an 08 tundra, so take this for what it's worth. Just trying to learn what's wrong ahead of it going back to dealer next week for a look.

Could anyone with mopar lift snap a pic of the front coil and post here? I dunno how to post pic but i can certain send a pic from my phone i took this am to a member who can? Pm me an email addy or something?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Can you post some pictures? You should have 2” bump stop extensions mounted on the axle, inside the spring. Did they install the correct shocks? There was a member here whose dealer installed the Mopar 2” lift, but without the Mopar 2” Fox Shocks...

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I dunno how to post pic...
Click on the "Upload a File" button next to "Post Reply", select the image file you want to attach. Then click the "Full Image" button next to the preview.
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 9.21.09 AM.png

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post some pictures? You should have 2” bump stop extensions mounted on the axle, inside the spring. Did they install the correct shocks? There was a member here whose dealer installed the Mopar 2” lift, but without the Mopar 2” Fox Shocks...
That was my first thought - but, not having done the mopar lift on these, it was based on my Eagle experiences. I ripped a shock up pretty badly one time. Man did that thing jolt me.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Here is my driver side coil, dealer installed Mopar 2" on a Rubicon. I can't say I've "wheeled" it yet. But I do drive it over a certain curb at airport parking that gives me a shortcut out and it has not made a clunk sound. The upper bump piece seemed to have a little give pushing on it with fingers, but it's backed up by the metal collar.

A5812C5F-5086-4783-9E1F-C1F0BFD996FA.jpeg

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
no updates yet, haven't taken back, the brutal cold has subsided and as i put more miles on i'm noticing less, i looked at a couple other mopar lifted jt's in front of a dealership and they look the same as mine so i think install was correct, it's a very quick jolt, maybe when the wheel drops unexpectedly into a void then hits? i dunno, i haven't hit anything big enough in a little bit to get it to crack like that, just doing dad duty around town on the streets lately, all i know is stock it didn't have this sudden clunk at any point, cold or not
Sponsored