Sponsored

Issue with instrument cluster (speedo screen)

Ivar Lothbrok

First Name
Ivar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Took delivery of 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, and have noticed that the screen in the dash (fuel, temp, speed) flutters/blinks; not like a consistent blinking pattern, it just like... flutters. (Not the 8.4 inch screen). This occurs when driving and when parked, including after turning off the engine; day and night time. Anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You got a warranty, take it in and have the dealer fix it which probably will be just a straight up cluster replacement. If not readily repeatable, take a video of it and show them.

More than likely, the LCD screen header board and/or ribbon cable has a bad connection but that is not worth messing with at the user level while in warranty.

Expect the dealer to want to hold on to your vehicle for a few days while they get a replacement cluster put in if they plan to match mileage with the new cluster needing to get programmed for current mileage.

OP
OP
Ivar Lothbrok

Ivar Lothbrok

First Name
Ivar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You got a warranty, take it in and have the dealer fix it which probably will be just a straight up cluster replacement. If not readily repeatable, take a video of it and show them.

More than likely, the LCD screen header board and/or ribbon cable has a bad connection but that is not worth messing with at the user level while in warranty.

Expect the dealer to want to hold on to your vehicle for a few days while they get a replacement cluster put in if they plan to match mileage with the new cluster needing to get programmed for current mileage.
Appreciate it; thanks! Appt. scheduled.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Let us know what the dealership does. People like followup and it can help others that may search for this issue in the future.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Took delivery of 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, and have noticed that the screen in the dash (fuel, temp, speed) flutters/blinks; not like a consistent blinking pattern, it just like... flutters. (Not the 8.4 inch screen). This occurs when driving and when parked, including after turning off the engine; day and night time. Anyone else seen this?
Hi Ivar,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional support is needed, our team is available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ivar Lothbrok

Ivar Lothbrok

First Name
Ivar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The verdict is in; the instrument cluster needs replacement. Dropped off Gladiator this morning and awaiting part (5-7 days). They gave me a rental; Jeep SUV. I am going to miss my Jeep! You were spot on. Thanks!

OP
OP
Ivar Lothbrok

Ivar Lothbrok

First Name
Ivar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The verdict is in; the instrument cluster needs replacement. Dropped off Gladiator this morning and awaiting part (5-7 days). They gave me a rental; Jeep SUV. I am going to miss my Jeep! You were spot on. Thanks!
My Jeep is back home this morning with new instrument cluster; working great!

flatboycms

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Account Rep
I am currently going through the same thing. Bought it on 8/16/2020, back at the dealer 8/17/2020. Dealer said it was probably a loose connection. They now have my Overland with only 70 miles on it waiting for the cluster. I just hope there are units available and not on back order.
One post from 11/2019 mentioned that their radio was modified after, did you have any issue like that as well?
Sponsored