Lifting, Leveling, what should I do?

671JTinDFW

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
This is what I have come up with... adding a front 2.5 level and a rear 3/4 spacer to achieve the height I want and the level. Also adding the rubicon fox shocks but keeping my max tow springs... thoughts?
I have a Sport Max tow and was wondering the same thing. I was thinking of doing the Daystar level lift kit with Rubicon shocks and keeping the max tow springs.
Is this what you did? How did turn out?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have a Sport Max tow and was wondering the same thing. I was thinking of doing the Daystar level lift kit with Rubicon shocks and keeping the max tow springs.
Is this what you did? How did turn out?
works great... really happy with the set up

BiffsJT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2005 GX 470
Just had the Daystar 2" kit and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed on my Sport S. no max tow.

20191002_173148.jpg

20191002_164841.jpg

20191002_173253.jpg
Looks great! I didn't get the Max Tow either. Have you had any issues with the 3.73 gearing on the highway? THat was my big concern. Thanks!

JMXring222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I bought a 2020 JT Sport S off the lot, which the dealer had already installed a 2.5" Rough Country Leveling Kit and 35" 12.50" tires. It was the $129.00 kit with front coil spacers, shock extenders, and longer front sway bar links. After a short time everything settled, and the rear ended up sitting 1" lower than the front. I could not deal with a reverse rake, so after calling RC and asking if anyone else had mentioned their Leveling Kit actually reversed the rake, they mentioned results vary on the different models and configurations ...

After a bunch of research here ( thanks to all of you that post your setups ), I knew I needed to add something to the rear. After more research and having no other experience good or bad with RC, I called them again to see what they could offer. Initially they told me they only had a 3/4" rear coil spacer that may get me there. I did not want to Frankenstein with other manufacturers parts if I did not have to, and my local dealer had already installed the RC kit, so I called RC one more time. Fortunately there 3.5" lift uses a 1.5" rear coil spacer, so they were able to give me the P/N's for the hardware kit, 1.5" spacers, and longer rear sway bar links. Parts were $100, and the dealer did it complete for $225.

I did not measure but now have a positive rake, I would guess .5-1", and looks good to me.

Side note, RC was very helpful, just took talking to a few different techs and not giving up. They also recommended replacing the rear shocks for ride quality, but for me not doing any real off road, the ride with the better stock shocks is just fine.

Hope this helps someone out.

Chinman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I want to put a 1.5 levelling kit on, I'm not sure if I want to do it myself...or get the Daystar or terramount brand
20200325_171852.jpg
.but I didn't get the max tow pkg because I got a great deal on one in stock. If I buy these Rubicon takeoffs what it benefit me at all, or even fit on my sport S? Price is $300

Sponsored

Chinman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I want to put a 1.5 levelling kit on, I'm not sure if I want to do it myself...or get the Daystar or terramount brand
20200325_171852.jpg
.but I didn't get the max tow pkg because I got a great deal on one in stock. If I buy these Rubicon takeoffs what it benefit me at all, or even fit on my sport S? Price is $300
Screenshot_20200327-191755_Facebook.jpg

DesertShark

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If your not doing any crawling around and looking for the most articulation possible than not worth the money and time. I have a sport ass with the max tow package. I also have a four Rubicon suspension to use. But all I ended up using who is the front springs because I wanted a spring that was softer upfront for more crawling traction and the fox shocks, but I left the rear springs stock because the payload in the bed and for towing has a stronger progressive spring. I did however use the fox takeoff Rubicon sharks, but I’m thinking I need longer ones because I put a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit up front. Our use the rough country leveling kit also, and I trimmed my fenders so it looks great, but I think I need a longer shock for more travel.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
It looks great nice job...I respect that so much more than people adding Rubi stickers to non rubi’s!
I didn't get a "rubicon" because people call it Ruby and I use to work with a ruby, what a bitch. I never worked with anyone names Overland, so it's all good.

feds25

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am currently running 33s and have the Daystar 1.5 inch spacers (found them for $65 shipped) sitting in the garage for my next day off. My plan is a level until the 33s need to be replaced and then 35s and MAYBE more lift.

As she sits now:
Jeep Gladiator Lifting, Leveling, what should I do? Screenshot_20200327-191755_Facebook
Jeep Gladiator Lifting, Leveling, what should I do? Screenshot_20200327-191755_Facebook
looking at putting on teraFlex levelling kit...do I need to worry about control arm length and changing pinion angle

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
looking at putting on teraFlex levelling kit...do I need to worry about control arm length and changing pinion angle
Not with a leveling kit. 1.5 inches and mine didn't even need an alignment.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not with a leveling kit. 1.5 inches and mine didn't even need an alignment.
You can't align these anyway, all you can do is set toe and center the steering wheel - and you don't change toe with a lift or leveling.
1.5" will move the axle slightly, changing steering wheel centering, but does little else.

HzrInAz

First Name
Hollon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I bought a 2020 JT Sport S off the lot, which the dealer had already installed a 2.5" Rough Country Leveling Kit and 35" 12.50" tires. It was the $129.00 kit with front coil spacers, shock extenders, and longer front sway bar links. After a short time everything settled, and the rear ended up sitting 1" lower than the front. I could not deal with a reverse rake, so after calling RC and asking if anyone else had mentioned their Leveling Kit actually reversed the rake, they mentioned results vary on the different models and configurations ...

After a bunch of research here ( thanks to all of you that post your setups ), I knew I needed to add something to the rear. After more research and having no other experience good or bad with RC, I called them again to see what they could offer. Initially they told me they only had a 3/4" rear coil spacer that may get me there. I did not want to Frankenstein with other manufacturers parts if I did not have to, and my local dealer had already installed the RC kit, so I called RC one more time. Fortunately there 3.5" lift uses a 1.5" rear coil spacer, so they were able to give me the P/N's for the hardware kit, 1.5" spacers, and longer rear sway bar links. Parts were $100, and the dealer did it complete for $225.

I did not measure but now have a positive rake, I would guess .5-1", and looks good to me.

Side note, RC was very helpful, just took talking to a few different techs and not giving up. They also recommended replacing the rear shocks for ride quality, but for me not doing any real off road, the ride with the better stock shocks is just fine.

Hope this helps someone out.
Do you have those part numbers for the 1.5” rear spacer and sway bar links? TIA

JMXring222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Do you have those part numbers for the 1.5” rear spacer and sway bar links? TIA
My apologies, after speaking with Rough Country on the phone, I had them email me the part numbers. Unfortunately I just checked, and when we changed email providers, a bunch of emails did not make the trip, and unfortunately that was one of them.

They were pretty helpful, I would just give them a call, it was there standard 3 1/2" kit, so they should be able to give you the P/N for the Spacers, Sway Bar Link, and hardware kit. Sorry again, I would normally keep that information forever.:(

HzrInAz

First Name
Hollon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My apologies, after speaking with Rough Country on the phone, I had them email me the part numbers. Unfortunately I just checked, and when we changed email providers, a bunch of emails did not make the trip, and unfortunately that was one of them.

They were pretty helpful, I would just give them a call, it was there standard 3 1/2" kit, so they should be able to give you the P/N for the Spacers, Sway Bar Link, and hardware kit. Sorry again, I would normally keep that information forever.:(
I did speak with them and got the parts delivered for $107. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored