Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Nice pics - looks like you had at least 3 Gladiators on the trip
Sponsored

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Nice pics - looks like you had at least 3 Gladiators on the trip
4 Gladiators total

Orange Punkin' belonging to Quinn Thomas of All J Products/Jeep 411
White Gladiator belonging to @willemlock
Gunmetal Grey (?) Gladiator belonging to @ndn384
Red EVO 4.5"/38" Desert Trail build belonging to @Desert Outlaw
EoU8njE.jpg
Orange Punkin, White Gladiator, Red Gladiator pictured.
AcO63GB.jpg
White Gladiator, Red Gladiator, Gunmetal Grey Gladiator pictured.

FirecrackerJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Maxtow
Nice build. Very similar to mine (you got the Rub and a bigger lift (sick!), but same color and same front bumper). Dig the CoC shirt too! Love those guys.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today, I torqued the toe rod ends and swaybar hardware. After one run with tons of washboard and the daily commute, the nuts and bolts have worked themselves loose in a couple of areas.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Gladiator has been at the local dealership for the past week awaiting a Front Axle Disconnect (FAD) bushing. So, if this thread is related to modifying my Gladiator, the dealership is doing so with an updated FAD bushing. I will let everyone know how effective this bushing update turns out to be.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Due to a family emergency of my installer friend, we will be unable to move forward with the installation today. The good news is the front end only requires the brake line extensions and swaybar end links installed. Today, I will take care of the front sway bar links and take a look at the rear suspension later this week. The front alignment will be addressed in the next few days.

3r2wxp.jpg

And this...

Due to a family emergency of my installer friend, we will be unable to move forward with the installation today. The good news is the front end only requires the brake line extensions and swaybar end links installed. Today, I will take care of the front sway bar links and take a look at the rear suspension later this week. The front alignment will be addressed in the next few days.
Today, I torqued the toe rod ends and swaybar hardware. After one run with tons of washboard and the daily commute, the nuts and bolts have worked themselves loose in a couple of areas.
The Gladiator has been at the local dealership for the past week awaiting a Front Axle Disconnect (FAD) bushing. So, if this thread is related to modifying my Gladiator, the dealership is doing so with an updated FAD bushing. I will let everyone know how effective this bushing update turns out to be.
It's great that you're willing and able (with a little help from your friend) to do this yourself!

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3r2wxp.jpg

And this...
It's great that you're willing and able (with a little help from your friend) to do this yourself!
First, the FAD bushing, axle shafts and seals were changed by the dealership - a professional entity.

Second, guys that send their Jeeps in for install work typically cannot properly diagnose problems when they arise on the trail (or side of the highway). I didn't want that learning curve to work against me due to a breakdown. This is why I watch YouTube videos and always try to do my own work.

My friend who helped me install the lift did a good job on the front half of the suspension, and life sometimes happens.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
.....Second, guys that send their Jeeps in for install work typically cannot properly diagnose problems when they arise on the trail (or side of the highway). I didn't want that learning curve to work against me due to a breakdown.
Damn straight...dudes that do their own work deserve mad, mad respect.

Keep doing it.

Resqman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If you own a Jeep and intend to offroad it you should be doing as much of the work as possible yourself, those “professionals” will not be on the trail with you when things go sideways. On a sidenote Desert Outlaw let me know when you are doing any wheeling I’m local to you .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontend began squeaking. My course of action was to go live the Johnny Joints. But, after lubing all of the zero fittings, I noticed one zerk per side that required that I pull the control arms. My friend who installed the frontend at my house told me during installation, "Only remind be one control arm at a time..or, the axle will shift (rotate)." Rotate it did when I mistakenly disconnected both front lower control arms!

My fix: Place two stock wheel/tires in front of front tires and drive into those tires in the driveway. The front axle rotated under pressure, and I was immediately able to lift front control arms into place and torque them accordingly.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the trail (January 2020) - performance was everything I expected.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just after the rear suspension was installed and I was ready to drive my Gladiator home fr the shop.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a few mild runs, I decided on a few purchases:
Aluminium oil pan/transmission skidplate
Steer Smarts top mount drag link
Steer Smarts aluminum tie rod center section for preciously purchased Non-Rubicon tie rod.

Let the buildup continue!

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New parts alert!!
I will be installing a top mount Steer Smarts Drag Link
Steer Smarts Track bar bracket
Steer Smarts steering dampener tie rod bracket
Steer Smarts tie rod
Steer Smarts aluminum center tie rod bar
Quadratec aluminum swaybar Smartbar skidplate (black)

Next up,
Oil pan skidplate
39.5" BFG KM3 spare tire
Sponsored