Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I’m still waiting for my Gen1 ordered in September..... not a happy customer here. I’m actually considering asking for them to cancel my order if it’s delayed past January.
Good news is you will probably get gen 2 at this point. Doesn’t make the wait an easier though.

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Good news is you will probably get gen 2 at this point. Doesn’t make the wait an easier though.
Honestly if they tell me straight up thats the case I’ll be fine with it. It’s this whole thing about it’s on the container, no wait it’s not. Now it’s customs and now it’s that blah blah. Just makes you tired. They did however give me a $300 voucher towards any of their products so at least they are trying I suppose. Would be cool if I end up getting the gen 2 but I highly doubt it.

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd
I was told V2 would be available in the "March shipment" - not sure if that means the shipment that is put on a boat in March or arrives in March.
If V2 still looks like it doesn't belong I'll be asking for my $4k back.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I was told V2 would be available in the "March shipment" - not sure if that means the shipment that is put on a boat in March or arrives in March.
If V2 still looks like it doesn't belong I'll be asking for my $4k back.
Was told the same thing March. I believe it will be somewhere in the US in March, off the containers.

@salvino, can you do me a favor and measure how far the three "rails" on top of the RLD stick up above the surface? Additionally, are there three rails completely flat and on the same plane with each other?

Sponsored

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
RLD Design Generation 2 Gladiator Canopy on a Gladiator.
EBE1098D-B96C-4791-A19E-DC59E5BA9C0E.jpeg

1524D61D-6EE7-4AC7-A1F7-91BED19C296F.jpeg
C05FEC32-C408-4423-893A-970C0CBBAAE6.jpeg

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Was told the same thing March. I believe it will be somewhere in the US in March, off the containers.

@salvino, can you do me a favor and measure how far the three "rails" on top of the RLD stick up above the surface? Additionally, are there three rails completely flat and on the same plane with each other?
I'm traveling and don't have a level to measure accurately but it looks like the canopy is about 2 1/2" above the hard top and the three rails are definitely flat and on the same plane. Their rack mounts to straight bars that bolt to the top of the rails.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
RLD Design Generation 2 Gladiator Canopy on a Gladiator.
EBE1098D-B96C-4791-A19E-DC59E5BA9C0E.jpeg

1524D61D-6EE7-4AC7-A1F7-91BED19C296F.jpeg
C05FEC32-C408-4423-893A-970C0CBBAAE6.jpeg
This does look much better. It would be great if you could post a oic from the back. Thanks

Sponsored

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm traveling and don't have a level to measure accurately but it looks like the canopy is about 2 1/2" above the hard top and the three rails are definitely flat and on the same plane. Their rack mounts to straight bars that bolt to the top of the rails.
Thanks for this. I am actually looking for the how far those rails protrude from the main surface of the canopy itself, not relative to the hardtop on the cabin. No rush, just if you get the chance!

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Rhino Adventure Gear just advised me that the reason for my delays are due to waiting for a Gen 2 shell... Maybe the delays have been worth it. I do like the way the Gen 2 sits. I'll just keep on patiently waiting

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda feel like those of us that bought the first Gen tops were bamboozled. The initial photo for the shells was Photoshoped and did not correctly capture the true lines of the shell. Now months later there is a 2nd Gen and things have changed. Not cool RLD! That's not the best way to build a loyal customer base. From the photos it still looks like the shell is too far away from the cab. RLD rushed the shell to market and didn't properly fit it to the truck. Not cool!

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kinda feel like those of us that bought the first Gen tops were bamboozled. The initial photo for the shells was Photoshoped and did not correctly capture the true lines of the shell. Now months later there is a 2nd Gen and things have changed. Not cool RLD! That's not the best way to build a loyal customer base. From the photos it still looks like the shell is too far away from the cab. RLD rushed the shell to market and didn't properly fit it to the truck. Not cool!
I agree, but then again I happily handed my money over without actually seeing the product. I'm still excited regardless, having a shell that can take a roof top tent and mounting accessories both inside and outside easily fits well with what we want to do. The ARE fiberglass shell wont work for me.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Sorry the sizes are so much different. But i'm wondering if this is the same rear window, but different door. Gen1 the side was parallel to the window, Gen2, its not.

Look at how much more distance there is from the top of the window to the side of the door? That's how much the whole cap was pushed out to more match the caps tontour. I think this matches the cab better than Alu-Cab.

upload_2020-1-21_14-24-44.png
vs.
upload_2020-1-21_14-25-19.png
Sponsored