Synergy sector shaft brace & TF level

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So this weekend I installed the Synergy sector shaft brace and a TF 1.5 level... Very happy with the exact level of the jeep and the Synergy brace is the best money I’ve spent in on my JT! The steering feels so much tighter and responsive and it’s finally tracking perfectly straight and feels steady at higher speeds. So much more like my old JK now!
Sponsored

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
So this weekend I installed the Synergy sector shaft brace and a TF 1.5 level... Very happy with the exact level of the jeep and the Synergy brace is the best money I’ve spent in on my JT! The steering feels so much tighter and responsive and it’s finally tracking perfectly straight and feels steady at higher speeds. So much more like my old JK now!

I'm trying to install mine now. did you have any issues with removing the old sector shaft nut? I can't get mine to break free! I used a piece of 2ft schedule 40 pipe as an extension and all its doing it turning the wheels, nut is not loosening at all.

OP
OP
mbbq22

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I did not. Used an extension also and was able to break it free. Hit it with some lubricant periodically, have a beer and let the beer muscles kick in ;)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be getting out my 3/4" drive set with breaker bar and 3' of black pipe if necessary.....

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My tires moved but I was able to loosen the nut with only a 24” breaker bar... but had to use air tools to get it fully off.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Mine was easy to break free in fact i was surprised at how easy. Once it broke free there is resistance until it`s all the way removed, seems that there is some form of mild tread locker.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was easy to break free in fact i was surprised at how easy. Once it broke free there is resistance until it`s all the way removed, seems that there is some form of mild tread locker.
May be a self-locking nut. That was typical in the past. Is there a taper to the top of the nut or a sort of rectangular "dent" in the side of the nut? Those are a couple indicators.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
May be a self-locking nut. That was typical in the past. Is there a taper to the top of the nut or a sort of rectangular "dent" in the side of the nut? Those are a couple indicators.
None of the above. There was a brown substance on the treads and nut.

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I ordered one 3 weeks ago and was told it would be the end of Feb before it would ship out. I wish I could find one in stock somewhere,

My jeep likes my money

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I ordered one 3 weeks ago and was told it would be the end of Feb before it would ship out. I wish I could find one in stock somewhere,

My jeep likes my money
I ordered min on cyber monday... I got it the 3rd week of January. Synergy is backlogged due to super high demand for a brand new item. Definitely unfortunate. I'm sure the demand will calm down after a bit but who knows how long.

But hey!!! you got it ordered...:like:

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
I ordered min on cyber monday... I got it the 3rd week of January. Synergy is backlogged due to super high demand for a brand new item. Definitely unfortunate. I'm sure the demand will calm down after a bit but who knows how long.

But hey!!! you got it ordered...:like:
have u checked eBay? I ordered mine from quadratec on BF and took like 6weeks to finally arrive. Was gonna cancel my order cause I Seen some sellers on eBay that I contacted and they said they had them in stock. Just a suggestion.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Order it from Northridge 4x4 and use the litebrite code to save $20. I just got mine installed today (ordered it a while ago). I am also running the 1.5 TF level kit and a 3/4 inch daystar spacer in the rear with 37's. The pitman arm nut had red thread locker on it (???). Took forever to get off, even with the air tools. Getting everything lined up and bolts in the holes of the steering brace was a real pain, but that means there is absolutely zero wiggle room, so that's good.

IMG_0445.jpg

Last edited:

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Did you notice much change in the steering? I don't have any complaints about the handling of my gladiator right now but like the idea of beefing up the steering components. I have a Sport with Rubi suspension and 1" teraflex spacer so no real need for it.
Order it from Northridge 4x4 and use the litebrite code to save $20. I just got mine installed today (ordered it a while ago). I am also running the 1.5 TF level kit and a 3/4 inch daystar spacer in the rear with 37's. The pitman arm nut had red thread locker on it (???). Took forever to get off, even with the air tools. Getting everything lined up and bolts in the holes of the steering brace was a real pain, but that means there is absolutely zero wiggle room, so that's good.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you notice much change in the steering? I don't have any complaints about the handling of my gladiator right now but like the idea of beefing up the steering components. I have a Sport with Rubi suspension and 1" teraflex spacer so no real need for it.
I have had mine on for several days, my steering has been good from day one the brace has not made any difference good or bad i bought it to beef up the bracket and it does do that. Maybe someone with steering issues this bracket could help? What has made my steering even better than what it was was the RK 3" lift and setting toe to 3/32".
Sponsored