-Customer Preferred Package 24S
-7.0-Inch Radio Group
-Convenience Group
-Max Tow Package with 4.10 Axle Ratio
-Auxiliary Switch Group
-Hardtop Headliner
-8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission
-Black Freedom Top® 3-Piece Hard Top

Plus 37" All terrain tires and a 2" MOPAR lift.

$47,998 - Asking Price

Question #1 - The pricing calculator doesn't factor in the extras. How much would be a reasonable asking price?

Question #2 - How much towing rating will I lose with 37s?
Sponsored

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - Hydro Blue
Occupation
EE
MSPR on that build is $44970. Minus 10% for a good deal is $40473 before lift and tire. Mopar 2" lift is ~$1500 on the internet plus maybe $1000 for tires (keeping in mind they're selling your old ones) is about $43k

DaytonOhioGladiator

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
1) It is ALWAYS cheaper to source your own aftermarket parts and install shop than the dealer. Always.
2) 37's will make it feel like you're towing, even when you aren't. You may want to wait for a diesel Gladiator if towing is part of your plan. I can say that my Sport S with just 33" upgraded tires is a dog compared to most vehicles I have owned over the years. It's a Jeep, not a sports car, but the V6 is outgunned with this much truck.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Hello all,

The dealer is offering the following package on a Sport S

-Customer Preferred Package 24S
-7.0-Inch Radio Group
-Convenience Group
-Max Tow Package with 4.10 Axle Ratio
-Auxiliary Switch Group
-Hardtop Headliner
-8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission
-Black Freedom Top® 3-Piece Hard Top

Plus 37" All terrain tires and a 2" MOPAR lift.

$47,998 - Asking Price

Question #1 - The pricing calculator doesn't factor in the extras. How much would be a reasonable asking price?

Question #2 - How much towing rating will I lose with 37s?
I have that exact truck with a couple extras such as the cold weather package (I don't know if its on the one your referring to) On the lot in california they wanted 46000, with no tires and no lift (I didn't pay that). I would say thats a pretty good deal. Just the other day I looked at one on the lot here in ca with tires and lift for 67000. Absurd. I bought mine stock and put mods on myself. But it all comes down to what dealers in your area are asking.

mopar 2 in-1000
install-600
BFG KM2 37's-1300
teraflex 1.5 in spacer-100
Black rhino 18's-500 Total: 3500

I will say there is a lot of threads on here regarding 37's on these vehicles and you may want to do the research and find people who are actually running them. I went from 33's to 37's and barely notice the difference (but there is a difference). And you will definitely notice a difference towing, but there are a lot of people doing it. You can always switch tires out for a towing set you have. Theres people selling stock sport tires for 400 in my area.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I have that exact truck with a couple extras such as the cold weather package (I don't know if its on the one your referring to) On the lot in california they wanted 46000, with no tires and no lift (I didn't pay that). I would say thats a pretty good deal. Just the other day I looked at one on the lot here in ca with tires and lift for 67000. Absurd. I bought mine stock and put mods on myself. But it all comes down to what dealers in your area are asking.

mopar 2 in-1000
install-600
BFG KM2 37's-1300
teraflex 1.5 in spacer-100
Black rhino 18's-500 Total: 3500

I will say there is a lot of threads on here regarding 37's on these vehicles and you may want to do the research and find people who are actually running them. I went from 33's to 37's and barely notice the difference (but there is a difference). And you will definitely notice a difference towing, but there are a lot of people doing it. You can always switch tires out for a towing set you have. Theres people selling stock sport tires for 400 in my area.
You also lose a lot of towing when you lift the JT. The rear springs for the Max Tow package are unique. Tire size, lifts (changing geometry), and weight all contribute to towing capability.

From earlier research

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/math_wheels.html

"So, to adjust for larger tires you will need lower gears (numerically higher).

As a rule of thumb you can expect to lose about 3.5% of torque/gear ratio for every inch of tire size increase.

For example, if you replace your stock tires of 28" with 35" tires your loss is 7 x 3.5% = 24.5%. If your stock gear ratio in your diffs is 4.9:1 you will have to get lower diff gears that are numerically about 25% higher. 4.9 x 25% = 1.225 - so, your new gears should be 6.125:1"

So going from 31.5 to 35s is a 3.5" difference, that means about 12% loss in power?

Using this tool it seems like going from 32s to 35s without changing the gear ratios will make 55mph be 60mph.

Now, with a lift you change the geometry, which lowers your towing ability even more, but not as much as tires (from what I have read on Ford/truck forums). Then again, trucks are often CAPABLE of exceeding mfg specs. That doesn't mean they can do so without consequences. Several videos of trucks, even the JT, being overloaded. The affect on wear/tear and parts is unknown but certainly greater.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
You also lose a lot of towing when you lift the JT. The rear springs for the Max Tow package are unique. Tire size, lifts (changing geometry), and weight all contribute to towing capability.

From earlier research

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/math_wheels.html

"So, to adjust for larger tires you will need lower gears (numerically higher).

As a rule of thumb you can expect to lose about 3.5% of torque/gear ratio for every inch of tire size increase.

For example, if you replace your stock tires of 28" with 35" tires your loss is 7 x 3.5% = 24.5%. If your stock gear ratio in your diffs is 4.9:1 you will have to get lower diff gears that are numerically about 25% higher. 4.9 x 25% = 1.225 - so, your new gears should be 6.125:1"

So going from 31.5 to 35s is a 3.5" difference, that means about 12% loss in power?

Using this tool it seems like going from 32s to 35s without changing the gear ratios will make 55mph be 60mph.

Now, with a lift you change the geometry, which lowers your towing ability even more, but not as much as tires (from what I have read on Ford/truck forums). Then again, trucks are often CAPABLE of exceeding mfg specs. That doesn't mean they can do so without consequences. Several videos of trucks, even the JT, being overloaded. The affect on wear/tear and parts is unknown but certainly greater.
Very true and great information. The max tow springs are specific for towing, have an extra coil, softer spring rating (I believe), etc. I just gave mine to @ShadowsPapa and he might be able to shed some more light on this as he is much more knowledgable than I. I have a max tow and even without lift and tires, I really wouldn't tow (a trailer) past 5,000 pounds on this thing. But you can youtube many people who tow past the limit on this thing and with lift and tires, But I am not a tow expert either. If your main concern for this thing is towing and especially towing at max, I would definitely go another direction than this vehicle.
Sponsored