Sponsored

FCA Order Process Progression? How does it work?

grmays

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
All:

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Gladiator around about 12/27...no issue with a 2-3 month wait (I hope!) as that will get us through winter and into early spring when I really need the truck to pull our camper. Been waiting and watching forum for a long time!

I ordered a Red Sport S, Max Tow, Freedom Top, with the new 8.4 screen/premium audio feature that's available now along with Cargo Management Group, Active Safety, Aux Switches, Convenience Group, and Bedliner because obviously the new 8.4 screen is a new option in the Sport AND I couldn't ever seem to find the right combo of other options at nearby dealers anyway.

Question now is how do things progress? I understand there was a seasonal shutdown but they should start building again I would assume about now since we are well past New Years. When should I expect to get the critical numbers indicating things are progressing (VON and VIN) and be able to track it directly without bugging my dealer every week? Is there a legend/explanation of the various statuses?? They were somewhat non-commital on when I would expect to see updates and if I would get automated notifications on changes in status through the ordering system.

If someone else has already laid this out please point me to the right thread...searching I couldn't find anything with good intel on how this normally goes (ie. 1-2 weeks to VON, 2-3 weeks to VIN, 2-3 weeks to build, 2-3 weeks to ship, etc.) As much as I trust my salesman...I don't want to get to February and have no idea if my truck is going to make it by April!!!

Appreciate any info you all have...I'm anxiously planning for a fun spring camping and wheeling the Gladiator!!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Ordered my Rubi Nov 21 and it showed up yesterday. That includes the holiday break so hopefully 6-8 weeks will be your window. The Window sticker thread has an extensive amount of detail including progress codes. Jeep chat will also be your friend.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜06 CRV, β€˜14 Mazda3, β€˜20 JTR (Gator)
All:

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Gladiator around about 12/27...no issue with a 2-3 month wait (I hope!) as that will get us through winter and into early spring when I really need the truck to pull our camper. Been waiting and watching forum for a long time!

I ordered a Red Sport S, Max Tow, Freedom Top, with the new 8.4 screen/premium audio feature that's available now along with Cargo Management Group, Active Safety, Aux Switches, Convenience Group, and Bedliner because obviously the new 8.4 screen is a new option in the Sport AND I couldn't ever seem to find the right combo of other options at nearby dealers anyway.

Question now is how do things progress? I understand there was a seasonal shutdown but they should start building again I would assume about now since we are well past New Years. When should I expect to get the critical numbers indicating things are progressing (VON and VIN) and be able to track it directly without bugging my dealer every week? Is there a legend/explanation of the various statuses?? They were somewhat non-commital on when I would expect to see updates and if I would get automated notifications on changes in status through the ordering system.

If someone else has already laid this out please point me to the right thread...searching I couldn't find anything with good intel on how this normally goes (ie. 1-2 weeks to VON, 2-3 weeks to VIN, 2-3 weeks to build, 2-3 weeks to ship, etc.) As much as I trust my salesman...I don't want to get to February and have no idea if my truck is going to make it by April!!!

Appreciate any info you all have...I'm anxiously planning for a fun spring camping and wheeling the Gladiator!!

Thanks!
Look at my signature - dealer should have given you the von and you can work with Jeep Chat from there.

sawman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z71
Elves and magic.
My dealer got a VIN the day after I ordered. 12/19.
Got an email last Wednesday with estimated shipping date of 1/24.

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
I ordered mine 11/29 and STILL don't have a ship date. JUST got the window sticker today. I will be doing a Jeep Chat tomorrow

Sponsored

OP
OP
grmays

grmays

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got an update last week and estimated ship date...

"I wanted to update you on your Jeep . They have assigned a vin number to it . They have started to put the Jeep together ! They also have an estimated ship date of Feb 2nd . Hope all is going well ."

...he hasn't provided that VIN # yet. I understand if I have a VIN there is another way to track it outside getting info from the dealer? Jeep Chat/Jeep Cares??

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Near as i can tell, some guy in the mothership tosses a bunch of VINs at a yearly calendar where your's lands determines the build order.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜06 CRV, β€˜14 Mazda3, β€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Near as i can tell, some guy in the mothership tosses a bunch of VINs at a yearly calendar where your's lands determines the build order.
Sounds about right

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Build codes.

Unscheduled:

BA – order entered in system by dealer

BB – fleet order only – review by bid department

BD – special equipment processing

BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled

BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status

BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:

F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days

B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.

L – Material restriction

M – Material hold (fleet)

ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:

C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.

D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:

D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.

The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:

E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:

I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier

JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JE – shipped to emissions

JJ – consigned to body vendor

JS – shipped to storage

KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Traffic Codes:

KZ L – released but not shipped KZ M – first rail departure

KZ N – first rail arrival

KZ O – delayed/received

KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit

KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted

KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error

KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold

KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle

KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed

KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

KZ OH – all other β€œO” type carrier codes

KZ T – second rail departure

KZ U – second rail arrival

KZ X – delivered to dealer

KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new

KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Status codes and other information

Scheduling: (only D1 is reported by MOTS)

C – Tentative schedule

D – Firm schedule, serial number is assigned

D1 – Gateline: plant has sequenced the vehicle for production, estimated ship date usually (but not always) assigned

Build stages: (may or may not be reported by MOTS)

E – framing

F – paint

G – trim

Built/shipping:

I – vehicle is built; quality control and final inspection pending

J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier

JB – shipped to body vendor (typically for decals or stripes)

JS – shipped to storage (to await shipping; also for extended quality control, vehicle flash updates etc.)

KZ – released by plant and invoiced

KZLD - in transit, delayed (typically not reported by MOTS)

OP
OP
grmays

grmays

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build codes.

Unscheduled:

BA – order entered in system by dealer

BB – fleet order only – review by bid department

BD – special equipment processing

BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled

BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status

BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:

F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days

B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.

L – Material restriction

M – Material hold (fleet)

ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:

C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.

D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:

D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.

The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:

E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:

I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier

JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JE – shipped to emissions

JJ – consigned to body vendor

JS – shipped to storage

KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Traffic Codes:

KZ L – released but not shipped KZ M – first rail departure

KZ N – first rail arrival

KZ O – delayed/received

KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit

KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted

KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error

KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold

KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle

KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed

KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

KZ OH – all other β€œO” type carrier codes

KZ T – second rail departure

KZ U – second rail arrival

KZ X – delivered to dealer

KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new

KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Status codes and other information

Scheduling: (only D1 is reported by MOTS)

C – Tentative schedule

D – Firm schedule, serial number is assigned

D1 – Gateline: plant has sequenced the vehicle for production, estimated ship date usually (but not always) assigned

Build stages: (may or may not be reported by MOTS)

E – framing

F – paint

G – trim

Built/shipping:

I – vehicle is built; quality control and final inspection pending

J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier

JB – shipped to body vendor (typically for decals or stripes)

JS – shipped to storage (to await shipping; also for extended quality control, vehicle flash updates etc.)

KZ – released by plant and invoiced

KZLD - in transit, delayed (typically not reported by MOTS)

Thanks @Mkcagle !!! Good info...now if I can just get some more info on my status...trying to resist bugging the salesman every couple of days...end of week will be 2 weeks from last update so will try then!

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My truck is almost identical to the OP's order, except I left off the bed liner because that was holding up orders at the factory and I got a better bed liner through the aftermarket at the same cost, and I also left off the active safety stuff. Mine was built in 21 days from time of order at dealership to the truck being loaded onto a transport carrier.

OP
OP
grmays

grmays

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck is almost identical to the OP's order, except I left off the bed liner because that was holding up orders at the factory and I got a better bed liner through the aftermarket at the same cost, and I also left off the active safety stuff. Mine was built in 21 days from time of order at dealership to the truck being loaded onto a transport carrier.
@WXman Awesome! Hopefully the bed liner situation is better now...we'll see. Yes, part of the reason I ordered was seemed hard to get all the pieces I wanted in one unit anywhere near my area...because I was searching 250 miles out to find one on the lot somewhere with no luck. Plus once I heard the 8.4 screen would be available in the Sport I wanted to do that...my eyes aren't getting any younger!

Enjoy your posts and your Youtube channel since yours is so similar to what I want to do! I'm also a Jeep and Mustang guy (05 Redfire GT).
Sponsored