Uconnect freezing/rebooting

Mholccombe

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Yep mine does this as well. I have 3k miles and it’s rebooted 3 or 4 times. I also have the CarPlay screen glitch issue every day. Dealer doesn’t seem interested in fixing either problem so far.
Sponsored

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Mine’s happened a few times now. It happened most recently when an iphone just connected to it. Music would start to play, then got choppy and crashed.

i have just under 3k on my Sport S. If it keeps happening I’m going to bring it up when I go in for my 5k service.

The rebooting doesn’t annoy me nearly so much as the unresponsive volume controls. Something new since it started crashing

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine’s happened a few times now. It happened most recently when an iphone just connected to it. Music would start to play, then got choppy and crashed.

i have just under 3k on my Sport S. If it keeps happening I’m going to bring it up when I go in for my 5k service.

The rebooting doesn’t annoy me nearly so much as the unresponsive volume controls. Something new since it started crashing
Hi, We're sorry to hear this. Are you planning on visiting your dealer for this concern? If so, please feel free to reach out to us if additional assistance is needed during your appointment.
Alison
JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
My radio shuts off routinely. When I get in and start the truck sometimes (once daily) the XM doesn’t come on right away. Sometimes over a couple of minutes. I think the radio has a time limit and will reset itself if it doesn’t connect to Sirius quickly. Then it reboots.

Maldonado I’ve put about 3,500 miles on it and I have yet had it ask me to switch to one of my favorites I’ve selected. U don’t think the favorite button is working.

I did install my own antenna but I don’t think that’s the issue. To be on the safe side I’ll try it with the original antenna soon.
IMO the antenna has nothing to do with it. I've got the same issues and haven't touched the stock antenna. I am wondering at this point if it has something to do with how quickly you get setup and moving in the car.

I don't think I have put in the proper time to test it yet, but it seems to me that the more quickly I do everything required to start moving the car, the more likely this is to happen. For instance, I often hop in the car, press the brake / start button, and flip it into reverse within a second or two. As in the screen on my UConnect system is still completely black and the first thing that comes on it is the backup camera. Even before the "Jeep" welcome screen.

If I use the remote start, or start the car before getting my kids in, or whatever else slows me down that day, it doesn't happen at all.

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, We're sorry to hear this. Are you planning on visiting your dealer for this concern? If so, please feel free to reach out to us if additional assistance is needed during your appointment.
Alison
JeepCares
Update: I brought this issue up at my 5k service/oil change a few weka back. They updated the uConnect, Seems to have fixed the issue so far.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Update: I brought this issue up at my 5k service/oil change a few weka back. They updated the uConnect, Seems to have fixed the issue so far.
I wasn’t aware that there was an update now. Last I heard from Jeep they were still working on it. I’ll have to call my dealer and see if an update is available for me.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We're happy to hear this, Mike. Please reach out to us in the future if assistance is needed.
Alex
JeepCares

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Happened to me yesterday. Made a call, hung up, the system still thought I was on the call 48 minutes after I hung up,even disconnecting Android auto and turning off Bluetooth. Restarted the car didn't help. No audio worked.

Parked it for a few hours and then it was back to normal. It's just a glitchy system, my Hellcat did the same thing.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
same thing happens to me !

have you found a solution??? Video:
Does that flicker happen on the regular radio non Android Auto screens? Bad USB cable connections will cause that flickering in Android Auto.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
same thing happens to me !

have you found a solution??? Video:
unfortunately no. I haven't been able to capture a video of it as i cant seem to figure out how to re create the issue...it just happens randomly. Once I get proof ill push a warranty claim with my dealer.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Happened to me yesterday. Made a call, hung up, the system still thought I was on the call 48 minutes after I hung up,even disconnecting Android auto and turning off Bluetooth. Restarted the car didn't help. No audio worked.

Parked it for a few hours and then it was back to normal. It's just a glitchy system, my Hellcat did the same thing.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I just checked the uconnect software update site and it shows there isn’t an update available. Do the dealers get the update before the general masses?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I just checked the uconnect software update site and it shows there isn’t an update available. Do the dealers get the update before the general masses?
Dealer do get the updates first. Had issues on my wife's Renegade radio with Uconnect and they had a update a couple of weeks before it came out on the Uconnect website as available to download.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Anyone know the current version of the 7” radio?
Sponsored