Sponsored

Wrecked Gladiator Rubicon Rebuild

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 M715, 1973 Jeep J4000
Agreed - I made it about 2 minutes in before I got sick of hearing it.
I think I made it about 3 minutes, it's a channel definitely aimed at the bro crowd. After I heard their dialogue it was too late to watch it on mute.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just laugh through it. It's funny and it's not every day that you find young guys who know how to use their hands. Body work is exhausting. Takes a certain kind of guy to do that every day.

rono_cluck

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee wk2 x2
WHAT IS UP GUYS!

Long time Goonz sub here. It's not for everybody. The reason I watch is because they just do it; they jump into every build with both feet. I don't talk like them, I can't match their energy, and I probably have a more fundamental understanding of automotive engineering and repair than they do...but they do it. They do it with passion and honesty. They make mistakes and they'll show it. They'll admit they don't know and they'll try anyway. Watching their skills improve has been really enjoyable- body work and paint; the kit car; welding; interior; electrical; wraps; engine swaps...
Their channel started out with Jeep builds, they grew first with high power modern domestic muscle and lately it's been a lot of import work.

I also appreciate the guys they work with- vTuned is an artist, literally. He's so good. They use local shops for radiator repair and other technical repair skills.

It's good stuff. Highly recommended...just take their personalities with a grain of salt to start. They're clearly good (young) dudes. Once they grow on you, I'm sure you'll appreciate the inherent humor they bring.

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
They are kind of morons at times but they strip the JT down pretty far and so it's interesting to what's under it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I might try to watch it again... I had to turn it off after maybe 2 minutes if I do it will be volume off and ready to fast forward.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
pet peeve of mine, ppl that use their hands wayyyyy too much when doing videos. like there are flies to be swatted at.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I think I made it about 3 minutes, it's a channel definitely aimed at the bro crowd. After I heard their dialogue it was too late to watch it on mute.
Their bro personalities are actually just that, a fake personality they put on for Youtube to appeal to the automotive bro crowd. They're actually Ukrainian immigrants (or the children of immigrants) and "Billy" is just a redneck personality they put on and not his real name.

I'm not hating on them. I've watched all of their builds and they're super detailed and informative. They do some great work for two guys in a home garage. Their personalities just add a bit of flair which I understand isn't for everyone.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Their bro personalities are actually just that, a fake personality they put on for Youtube to appeal to the automotive bro crowd. They're actually Ukrainian immigrants (or the children of immigrants) and "Billy" is just a redneck personality they put on and not his real name.

I'm not hating on them. I've watched all of their builds and they're super detailed and informative. They do some great work for two guys in a home garage. Their personalities just add a bit of flair which I understand isn't for everyone.
I think you are being nice. If it is a 100% act, they need an Oscar for it. I get hamming for the camera and over amplifying for Youtube videos, but they seem to stay in character to a certain degree that makes me think their "Bro" personality is pretty much them in real life.

Anyways, their last video shows them getting in a 4.5" lift kit and probably their next video is going to show them installing it. Should be interesting as they seem to be struggling trying to figure out why their 4x4 service caution is flashing and 4x4 does not work.

Last edited:

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
They are up to video #11 with the rebuild now.

Sponsored

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Long time watcher of GoozSquad, Samcrac got me onto them and he is way more annoying!

Kinda cool that theyre building an Overlanding Rubi.

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
So broken down individually, what would it cost to add all the upgraded parts these guys have thrown on? It is looking amazing after episode 15.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Just look them up and look at what these 2 kids are making off their YouTube channel and what sponsors are sending them I live bout 25 miles from them and I saw them out in the Jeep the other night on my way home from work and it’s bad ass in person
Sponsored