Worked for me too - Thanks!

Ascj

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator overland
You're lucky, my piece of crap won't even turn on!
And it's been docked for weeks.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
Mine does the same. If you open the rubber plug and use a ball point pen to push the reset button, it should come on. The only problem is it happens from time to time. Need to make a trip to the dealer and just have them order a new one.

Sponsored

Ascj

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator overland
Mine does the same. If you open the rubber plug and use a ball point pen to push the reset button, it should come on. The only problem is it happens from time to time. Need to make a trip to the dealer and just have them order a new one.
Thanks that worked for now. Now I probably have to wait until it happens again before the dealership will do anything. They are terrible!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Al,
We see you were able to get your speaker up and running. However, if you experience this in the future and need assistance while working with your dealer, please feel free to send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

giraffemode

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Telecom Program Mgr.
Is the speaker supposed to transmit the audio from the uconnect system in the truck? I can't figure out how to pair it with the vehicle as an auxiliary speaker. The whole reason I bought it was because I thought I could uselay the satellite radio from the truck at my campsite 20' away.

If it's only intended to pair to my phone it's kind of a bust. I've got a much cheaper Bluetooth speaker that. I don't have any cell signal when I'm off the grid so satellite radio is my favorite way to listen to music.

Butch2020JT

First Name
Walter akaButch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator (Ordered 9/20)
Occupation
Photographer
Thanks for all the tips. The first time using the speaker this weekend. Speaker would not turn on. Lifting the rubber flap, I held the reset button for a few seconds, hit the power button. Problem solved. Like all of you, I'll document the frequency of this problem.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Since I did the above 0 issues. Absolutely love the speaker. It has enough oomph to throw a party and about 12h of battery life and can charge your phone at the same time. The other day buddy of mine said: "damn I forgot my Bluetooth speaker" and I was like "hold my beer"!!!!

Sponsored

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Having read this thread, While I was waiting for my JT, I filed it away. When I was at the dealer taking delivery, the kid had no idea about the BT Speaker, I asked where it was, and he said the entire UConnect is BT, I said, yes, but where is the portable BT speaker. Light bulb went on, and he said, maybe behind the rear passenger side seat. Sure enough it is there, but after trying to connect to it there was a connection and music from my ITunes library coming out for a second. Then it stopped. He said since it has less than 10 miles on the truck it probably isn’t charged. So, I forgot about it, plugged it back in behind the seat and put the seat back in place. So, at lunch today, I pulled it out and tried to connect to it. I couldn’t get it to turn on beep or do anything. I followed the instructions in this thread and nothing. Then I put a paper clip into the reset hole inside the little spot where it can be connected to an Aux cable or a USB etc. Light started flashing and it connected to my Iphone. So, reset it if it is not working in this way. May be a change from a few months ago, or not. It is what worked for me.

JC

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So a follow-up. I played golf Sunday prior to the Super Bowl and I pulled out my Bluetooth speaker out of the Jeep. Tossed it into the golf cart and expected to listen to tunes while we played some golf on an unseasonable 70degree February day. Got in the cart after bogeying the first hole and hit the power button. Nothing happened. So, now I start pushing the power button and other buttons vigorously and still nothing. Finally dug around in my bag and my buddies bag and found something to fill the role of a paper clip and hit the reset button, and it immediately powered on. It sounded great listened to it for 3+ hours while we played 18. It sounds really good. The need to reset it every time you use it, however, sucks!

JC

McBreck

First Name
Kolte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Engineering Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
So does anyone know what the point of the actual Bluetooth button is for? Mine does nothing....

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, going in tomorrow for a Jeep wave oil change and tire rotation, going to see if the unit works. Haven’t used it since May...

Chantel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Omg thank you thank you for posting this! It worked for me and I had been trying since I first got my truck in Jan 2020.
Sponsored