Sponsored

Wranglers don't wave

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
CT jeepers wave all the time...but like someone else said, there’s soooo many around here you might as well just keep your hand up.....on that note, get a lot of jaws to the floor pointing and thumbs up on my white LE, like people still can’t believe that JTs exist...
Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
✌ it's mostly if other people are paying attention to what's coming up in front of them. I get a lot of thumbs up from non Jeep people, and frequent questions about it when I'm stopped somewhere. I'm in Denver Metro, so Jeeps everywhere, so sometimes it's just overload trying to keep up.

KMal618

First Name
Keri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
I am in RI and it’s hit or miss. I got a lot of waves while in my JK and my husband gets a lot in his JKU but not as much with the JT. I agree with some of the other posts about people with JLs or newer to the Jeep life not waving as much.

Wolfzgrrl

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Intense Blue 4.0L Wrangle Sport-2 door
I do feel like I get less waves in the JT then my former JK. Being a female I notice I get less waves from other females then males. JTs still are rare animal around here in Delaware, maybe people are still a bit shocked to see one. Especially my beautiful blue (only seen one other so far).

Skylandry

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
In the Texas Hill Country the wave hit ratio is 40% to 60%. I was surprised as I had heard a lot about the jeep wave and coming from riding motorcycles I was expecting that level...then it hit me so to speak.

I realized that I was missing waves to other jeeps. I thought what is wrong with me...I was a 100% motorcycle wave-man. I realized on my motorcycle I was much more in tune with my ride. I was scanning the roadway ahead for hazards, checking who was behind, who was coming....hence I was paying much more attention to oncoming traffic.

As a Jeep driver, I can drift. Tune the radio, use CarPlay to make calls/text, etc... Driving gives me too much time to "wander in my mind" then riding ever did. If i wandered like that while riding, it could be very hazardous.

So I do my best to always wave...I miss a few and a few miss me but I get it...we are "wandering as we drive" vs "locked in as one rides"...or at least that is my view.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What I have seen. So far I've only got a wave back from very few in JT's here in N AL. Maybe half in JL / JK's wave back.... I'm driving my LJ, really only TJ, YJ and CJ (few out) wave back. Seen same from XJ's few wave back. My LJ's is close to stock in looks at first glance. :)
Years back I was in IL. and seen a guy had been going way to fast slid off road stuck. I turned around went back to offer to pull him out. He wasn't going to be pulled out by some guy from GA. (I was on leave from Army). Fun time winter driving a lifted n locked rock crawler XJ in wind, ice n snow on highway. So then I just turned around in front of where he was stuck. So many people get hung up on things. Where I grew up in IL. you waved, where I live now you wave at about every one near home until you cross county line. ;)

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
I've had decent success but I'm fairly certain the Wrangler is the second most popular vehicle in the Denver metro behind Subaru Outbacks. I'd say it's a percentage approaching 90% on built rigs, 100% on a dirt road, 60% on all others for returning a wave. I also have a Wag so I tend to wave at pretty much any built Jeep. An XJ owner seemed to be excited yesterday when I shot one at him, but usually the more built and muddy, the more likely they are to return the wave.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Very few waves here at the NC/SC line. I think its due to the sheer amount of wranglers in the area. My son and I were counting one day and lost count at 1 gladiator and over 13 wranglers. What is funny though is other than that one time, and parking next to a gladiator another time I have not ever seen gladiators when I am not driving mine, like seriously probably have seen 20 since I got mine, and none ever when I am in mine.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Here in St. Louis, the wave is almost exclusively done in two-way traffic only (when Jeep drivers are facing each other). I've found that across the median of a divided highway and when next to one another at a stop light or traveling the same direction on any roadway does not warrant a wave. I usually follow the above protocol in the these situations, but in the rare case I see another JT, I'll wave wherever I see one.

Sponsored

victorjt1

First Name
VICTOR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Has anyone else noticed that for the most part Wranglers don't wave back? When I was in the 17 JKUR seemed like most Wranglers waved. Now hardly any return waves.
has nothing to do with a jt. if you are coming face to face on the road you can not usually tell the difference between a wrangler and a jt.

victor

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I think many people are looking into this too much. Wave if you see another Jeep, if not who really cares. It’s not a JT vs JL thing, they do look the same from the front.

I’m out at the store all day sometimes and I’m like damn, I didn’t wave once. Probably because I was focusing on driving and tending to my 5 year old and wife. I get the wrangler culture, I’ve had many.

I find my 5 year old finds more Jeeps than I do. He sees them beside us, behind us, across the Parking lot etc. and asks why I didn’t wave lol.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Very few waves here at the NC/SC line. I think its due to the sheer amount of wranglers in the area. My son and I were counting one day and lost count at 1 gladiator and over 13 wranglers. What is funny though is other than that one time, and parking next to a gladiator another time I have not ever seen gladiators when I am not driving mine, like seriously probably have seen 20 since I got mine, and none ever when I am in mine.
this happens to me too. I have an accord for my daily driver, and I see them all week. When I drive my JT on the weekend, I never see any!

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
I think the Jeep is a soccer mom mobile now as well, so wave is fading. It more of a not wave to a JT thing around my town. I could drive past same person in my neighborhood with my JK and they be waving. get in the JT get nothing
Sponsored