Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
According to the Manual:

“Conditions That Will Cause The Engine To Start Automatically While In Autostop Mode:
* To maintain cabin temperature comfort
* Actual cabin temperature is significantly different than temperature set on Auto HVAC.”
And mine has started automatically, and - my wife's GC has done the same. She's never ended up with it being hot or cold inside. The engine starts.
IF it doesn't, then it's time for a dealer visit.
On the other hand - if people use manual mode, set the temp to -50 degrees (F) and run the fan full blast - yeah, could be a problem. That compressor will have to run in overdrive to keep up.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How many degrees in a 'significant'? :)
Define close, far, a few, several, a lot, many, hot, cold, comfortable, uncomfortable, fast, slow.......... LOL

*(I've been wanting to find those out for years)

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
And here I still have mine under control just by manipulating the pressure on the brake pedal and not driving like I did when I was 16.
It shuts off when I want it to, doesn't when I don't want it to.
And even if it did, so what? Seriously - what does it do - prevent you from beating the other guy to the next light?
Not me - I observe the surroundings, lights, and traffic and my engine is going when I'm ready to go.
Clearly, yours is an automatic. Mine is a 6-speed manual. There's nothing worse than stalling the engine at a light. So now I have to wait for the engine to restart AFTER I engage the clutch before I can leave the light and if I'm too fast and let out the clutch before it starts, I look like an amateur. When I say, "too fast", I mean a normal neutral take off, not street racing. There is no feathering of the brake pedal with the manual transmission JTs. All that being said, I've trained myself to push that little button right after I start the engine. NBD.

Deleted member 39643

Clearly, yours is an automatic. Mine is a 6-speed manual. There's nothing worse than stalling the engine at a light. So now I have to wait for the engine to restart AFTER I engage the clutch before I can leave the light and if I'm too fast and let out the clutch before it starts, I look like an amateur. When I say, "too fast", I mean a normal neutral take off, not street racing. There is no feathering of the brake pedal with the manual transmission JTs. All that being said, I've trained myself to push that little button right after I start the engine. NBD.
I actually don't mind the auto stop start on the 6MT. It only engages in neutral, and starts the engine while clutching in (before even shifting to 1st). Haven't had an issue when I am aware of the system.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I actually don't mind the auto stop start on the 6MT. It only engages in neutral, and starts the engine while clutching in (before even shifting to 1st). Haven't had an issue when I am aware of the system.
I don't shift into 1st until the light turns green so it's a very orchestrated set of movements that happens quickly.

Deleted member 39643

I don't shift into 1st until the light turns green so it's a very orchestrated set of movements that happens quickly.
hmmm, maybe depends on driving style then as well. If your really quick the engine could bog with rich mixture? You just got to drive slower than everyone ha
Sponsored