What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Ghostrider29

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator_Dodge Demon
odd question, how are these when you go to get out, wife is concerned it will get in the way of your leg and prefers a full step. I like the way these look the best, second would be rock hard angled down sliders which act as a step. let me know if the above does not makes sense
Whelp, I used to jump/ hop out. And now, I place my right heel on it and it help step down. If you have any arthritis in your knee you might feel it a little bit it eases the step for sure. And getting in is left foot and a handle, a lot easier the the jump it was. But I didn’t mind jumping up to the seat either.

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
Nothing super exciting, but I borrowed an idea from @KVJ and filled in the letters on my Redarc bezel to match the other white lettering on the dash and make it pop out a bit more. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

F484B816-6303-4A88-9873-2BD9E5062488.jpeg
Does the Redarc brake controller work with a Gladiator that has the tow package?

Reactions: KVJ

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Got in yesterday and installed today... whew. Synergy’s trackbar and sector shaft brace. I fully recommend 150%.

4B346943-FD19-4FE6-971A-7E7C485003A8.jpeg
I’m thinking about this.
Can you tell me what your driving was like both before and after the install?
Thanks.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Redarc brake controller work with a Gladiator that has the tow package?
T

Thx. Which wiring harness did you use? Any recommendations on removing the cigarette lighter plug?
Yes, mine has the tow package and it works fine with it. I used the Ram Harness from Redarc, and switched the blue and
black wires. This made everything 100% plug and play with no splicing required. Here's the harness:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Redarc/331-TPH-020.html

@WXman did a good video that shows everything other than the cig lighter part here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/redarc-tow-pro-elite-installation.27012/

As for the Cig lighter part, I got that idea from @KVJ and someone else on here. you'll need this mounting ring:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Redarc/331-TPSI-003.html

Removing the lighter is the hardest part of it, that thing fought me for a while. Getting the dash pieces off to get it out was pretty easy, they are just snapped in. Once you have the lighter out, you can either make a small notch in the dash piece (I did this) or file the alignment nub off of the mounting ring. After that it snaps in with no problem. I have the outlet out now in my toolbox, so I could probably take some pictures of it to show you if you want.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Can you expand on your comment where you stated you switched the wires? Did you have to remove wires from the plug and reinsert them? Thanks.

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
Yes, mine has the tow package and it works fine with it. I used the Ram Harness from Redarc, and switched the blue and
black wires. This made everything 100% plug and play with no splicing required. Here's the harness:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Redarc/331-TPH-020.html

@WXman did a good video that shows everything other than the cig lighter part here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/redarc-tow-pro-elite-installation.27012/

As for the Cig lighter part, I got that idea from @KVJ and someone else on here. you'll need this mounting ring:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Redarc/331-TPSI-003.html

Removing the lighter is the hardest part of it, that thing fought me for a while. Getting the dash pieces off to get it out was pretty easy, they are just snapped in. Once you have the lighter out, you can either make a small notch in the dash piece (I did this) or file the alignment nub off of the mounting ring. After that it snaps in with no problem. I have the outlet out now in my toolbox, so I could probably take some pictures of it to show you if you want.
Thanks for the info. I saw the video by @WXman. He also used the TPH-020 harness. The missing piece to the puzzle was the cigarette lighter replacement. Your finished product looks great. I’m going to install the same set up.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Can you expand on your comment where you stated you switched the wires? Did you have to remove wires from the plug and reinsert them? Thanks.
Yeah, I talked @WXman through it and he shows it in his video. you basically have to pop those 2 wires out of the Redarc harness at the connector that plugs into the Jeep, switch them and push them back in.

Sponsored

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Thanks. I believe I'll order the controller.

Ordered and on its way!

Last edited:
Reactions: KVJ

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I’m thinking about this.
Can you tell me what your driving was like both before and after the install?
Thanks.
so to say driving before, I never wanted to take my hands off my steering wheel, lots of corrections. (Disclaimer, I did a puck lift of 2.5” no arms and my caster is way out causing excessive wandering) that said... afterwards I can take my hands off and it will drive straighter for longer than before, I can now drive with less corrections, my steering is tighter and bump steer has been minimalized. Going over pot holes or railroad tracks the steering wheel doesn’t want to jerk out of your hands... (disclaimer, I still have wandering but I will be correcting that soon with a true lift, drag link and tie rod replacements)

is it worth the money... yes with how flighty the steering feels to what it is now... yes and yes I recommend.

Greg75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, BMW M2 Competition, MBZ 560 SL, Ducati 851, Ducati 900 SS
Installed Metalcloak fenders front and rear, with matching front inner fenders. Cut and recapped Rubicon Rock Rails to suit. Removed the OEM bumper wings. Also, trimmed (chopped, really) OEM plastic rear inner fenders to give a little protection/deflection while I wait for the Metalcloak versions to arrive.
BA3956B4-6945-49CE-BBBD-E1568E468C6B.jpeg
186FAF71-0D96-4863-A200-DA551A1005E7.jpeg
47AF7885-B70A-4B5C-B05C-BFFBDA99C01B.jpeg
80185B52-BA94-45DA-8360-27A9C39B02CB.jpeg
7E5C2AD2-CE34-4340-A332-10540DE3DAFD.jpeg
2992C408-EE85-41A6-9A8B-7DDF12C09E9E.jpeg

6CEDB178-8A1D-4B86-B29E-D6229A721EC1.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: