Sponsored

Pulling a Camper

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
They are clueless and confusing tow capacity versus GVW. Tell them you have a 2-1/2 ton truck since it weighs over 5000 lbs.
yeah, I was confused because I watch these videos pulling campers with no trailer brakes and all I am trying to pull is a 900 lb trailer with about 1800 lbs of lumber on it. He is saying that while I can pull 4000 lbs, when I brake the weight of the trailer will push the truck.....It makes n=sense, but won't the truck be pushing back on the trailer to slow it down? and arent the wheels and brakes beefed up for towing on the gladiator? Also when classifying a truck as half ton, 3/4 ton or 1 ton, wouldn't the gladiator be at least 3/4 ton since it has a 1700lb max payload?
Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
It’s a Tekonsha Primus IQ controller. It’s a couple years old, used it on my Grand Cherokee b4 I got the Glad!
would you still recommend it? I'm buying one this week and thats why I'm asking. Also, how easy was it to hook up and install?

Rwpoling95

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Unlimited 20 Gladiator LE
would you still recommend it? I'm buying one this week and thats why I'm asking. Also, how easy was it to hook up and install?
Yes I would recommend it, works great. You just need the wiring harness 3014p for Tekonsha and it’s plug and tow. Connection is up under dash over area where dead pedal should be.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Yes I would recommend it, works great. You just need the wiring harness 3014p for Tekonsha and it’s plug and tow. Connection is up under dash over area where dead pedal should be.
Awesome. Getting them now!

Sponsored

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
3014-p doesn't have diode, thats wrong harness.

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
yeah, I was confused because I watch these videos pulling campers with no trailer brakes and all I am trying to pull is a 900 lb trailer with about 1800 lbs of lumber on it. He is saying that while I can pull 4000 lbs, when I brake the weight of the trailer will push the truck.....It makes n=sense, but won't the truck be pushing back on the trailer to slow it down? and arent the wheels and brakes beefed up for towing on the gladiator? Also when classifying a truck as half ton, 3/4 ton or 1 ton, wouldn't the gladiator be at least 3/4 ton since it has a 1700lb max payload?
When you get used to the feel of braking your Gladiator not towing, your 900# trailer with 1800# payload, when pulling it, will give you the feeling as if you were being pushed when applying the brakes. You will notice it when stopping at a stop sign or light, it just takes more pressure to stop. You don't need trailer brakes but you will have to keep an assured distance to traffic and stop signs. In a panic situation the most that would happen is going into the intersection or banging into the vehicle that stopped in front of you.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Gitfo

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (Gator) Max Tow
I was hasty. Now i have 2 controllers :-(

Gitfo

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (Gator) Max Tow
No worries man, everything else about the rig has gone together nicely.
Sponsored