First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I thought I would start a thread to showcase the upcoming ALu-Cab Canopy.
I have seen the preproduction ones posted by @bhbdvm but I think some of the pictures I just received may be a little closer to the final production versions if not in fact the actual production models.
The latest pictures appear to have addressed the vertical nature of the sides to more closely match the cab of the Glad.
My truck is almost exactly like the one shown so Iā€™m pretty excited and my canopy will have a few of the more important options to showcase for you once it arrives next month..

ā€˜Enjoy!

CC4DC64E-2243-4C6F-98E3-AF99061C4C31.png

B058D2C7-A1D6-42C7-8200-7E31FA8B3AE8.png

6407A276-8894-435D-8B66-7C6EC9AADAD3.png
Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I thought I would start a thread to showcase the upcoming ALu-Cab Canopy.
I have seen the preproduction ones posted by @bhbdvm but I think some of the pictures I just received may be a little closer to the final production versions if not in fact the actual production models.
The latest pictures appear to have addressed the vertical nature of the sides to more closely match the cab of the Glad.
My truck is almost exactly like the one shown so Iā€™m pretty excited and my canopy will have a few of the more important options to showcase for you once it arrives next month..

ā€˜Enjoy!

CC4DC64E-2243-4C6F-98E3-AF99061C4C31.png

B058D2C7-A1D6-42C7-8200-7E31FA8B3AE8.png

6407A276-8894-435D-8B66-7C6EC9AADAD3.png

Really liking this cap. Are the windows glass or plastic? The camper version is sweet but an awfully lot of money and pretty boxy. I wish the camper cap portion was the same as the topper to fit the truck profile.

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I donā€™t know if the windows are glass or plexiglass. I would expect they are glass but thatā€™s just a guess.

Perhaps @Oscar Indy can chime in as he has one for a different truck but I would expect the specs to be the same.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Still hoping someone chimes in on whether the AluCab windows are glass or plastic. This picture has me concerned with the optics. The reflection in the rear window is really wavy. Hopefully this is a freak camera capture and not the view of the outside world looking thru the window.

4D3ADC8C-F52A-4DEF-AB70-709F17A61D71.jpeg

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I donā€™t know if the windows are glass or plexiglass. I would expect they are glass but thatā€™s just a guess.

Perhaps @Oscar Indy can chime in as he has one for a different truck but I would expect the specs to be the same.
My glass is actual glass.

Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
My glass is actual glass.
Glad to know this to be. For the price of this cap I would certainly expect actual glass. One step closer to ordering this cap!

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
That looks so much better than the other pics I have seen. If the production model looks like this I would be very pleased.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I did get verification that the windows are automotive glass. A sliding bulkhead window can be ordered for the Gladiator Explorer cap. I also was told the total weight of the cap is 126lbs. I thought that was great and lighter than expected. Time to get my order in!!

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know if the Gladiator in the photos is stock? Can't tell for certain if they are running bigger tires on the stock wheels or not. Looks stock to me but figured I would ask to see what others think.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know if the Gladiator in the photos is stock? Can't tell for certain if they are running bigger tires on the stock wheels or not. Looks stock to me but figured I would ask to see what others think.
It looks like a stock Rubicon to me but I don't know that for a fact.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Sweet, thanks guys!

Also sounds like this is still somewhat of a prototype? I have been watching this topper and the RLD one...I like that the RLD has the air pressure scoop in the roof to help keep dust out as well as a sliding window in the back of the topper (next to the cab). I wonder if any of these features will be added to the final production model of the Alu-Cab?

I do like that the Alu-Cab is (I believe) lighter and has rubber seals over the door hinges to keep water from running down into the bed. I wish the two toppers were combined into one that had everything! :LOL:

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Sweet, thanks guys!

Also sounds like this is still somewhat of a prototype? I have been watching this topper and the RLD one...I like that the RLD has the air pressure scoop in the roof to help keep dust out as well as a sliding window in the back of the topper (next to the cab). I wonder if any of these features will be added to the final production model of the Alu-Cab?

I do like that the Alu-Cab is (I believe) lighter and has rubber seals over the door hinges to keep water from running down into the bed. I wish the two toppers were combined into one that had everything! :LOL:
You can order the AluCab cap with a bulkhead slider window. You can also get glass in the side hatches.

JohnGjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I did get verification that the windows are automotive glass. A sliding bulkhead window can be ordered for the Gladiator Explorer cap. I also was told the total weight of the cap is 126lbs. I thought that was great and lighter than expected. Time to get my order in!!
Man thatā€™s light! Hmmmm...sounds awesome. Can anyone verify that? Sounds almost too good to be true!