JT_Chief

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
@JT_Chief

What has been your experience running 37’s this far with the 3.73 gears in your Overland? I’ve been weighing the 35/37 decision. Thanks.
it’s been great! did some small crawls with no issue and haven’t had one issue on the highway at 80mph. I do mostly interstate driving and avg about 18mpg (21 if i keep it under 65) after getting the speedo recalibrated.
Sponsored

mzeblue

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, E300
it’s been great! did some small crawls with no issue and haven’t had one issue on the highway at 80mph. I do mostly interstate driving and avg about 18mpg (21 if i keep it under 65) after getting the speedo recalibrated.
This is helpful feedback. Thank you.

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, Gladiator soon!
Wow. I know I’m not buying the Jeep for gas mileage, but if I could get anywhere close to those results I’d be pretty happy. I’m really struggling with sport w/ max tow or overland mainly just for the gear difference. I know you can always regear, but assumed it would be pretty expensive since you’d need a bigger carrier to go bigger than 3.73.

lbracket

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator 1977 Toyota fj40
Wow!!! Pure awesomeness! What did you do for spare?
Thanks! I haven't mounted my spare yet, I am considering a few options but also waiting to see if any new products are coming out soon for mounting a larger spare

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Went to Silver Island Mountain Range this past weekend...a hundred or so miles at 80 MPH on I-15 to get there...I averaged 14.5 MPG.

20200119_114030.jpg

Sponsored

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
To everyone that has posted up pics and info, much appreciated....all the rigs in here look great!! I have a couple questions now that people are starting to see a year of driving on these Mopar kits. Can anyone chime in with info regarding either driveline vibrations, steering geometry issues, clunks, squeaks, unevenly worn tires etc etc? Any issues to report regarding this kit?

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
I installed my lift in October. I have put about 3000 miles on it so far. I have had no issues with driveline vibrations, steering geometry issues, clunks, squeaks, or unevenly worn tires. I did have to install an adjustable front track bar to center the front axle. Ride comfort is just as good as stock in my opinion.

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Wow. I know I’m not buying the Jeep for gas mileage, but if I could get anywhere close to those results I’d be pretty happy. I’m really struggling with sport w/ max tow or overland mainly just for the gear difference. I know you can always regear, but assumed it would be pretty expensive since you’d need a bigger carrier to go bigger than 3.73.
Not sure how much cost difference it would make, but I have been told you can us a thick ring gear instead of installing a new carrier.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks, 1.5" leveling kit (front only to address future bumper, winch weight), Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x11.50R18LT D 127Q tires, Fuel® Off-Road D564189073 Beast Wheel In 18x9 +1 offset black with dark tint.

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Nice unveiling!! Looks badass . . .

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
Jt_chief, did you rub spacers with stock wheels because you had to or wanted to? Thinking of going 37x12.5 on the stock overland wheels but don’t want to get spacers

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
To everyone that has posted up pics and info, much appreciated....all the rigs in here look great!! I have a couple questions now that people are starting to see a year of driving on these Mopar kits. Can anyone chime in with info regarding either driveline vibrations, steering geometry issues, clunks, squeaks, unevenly worn tires etc etc? Any issues to report regarding this kit?
Coming from other Jeeps I had my reservations running 37's on this rig with the 2 in lift. After much reading on this forum regarding this issue I took the plunge and couldn't be more happier. This is a different type of Jeep and unlike any of the others. This vehicle was made for 35's stock. With the 8 gear tran, larger wheel wells, beefier 44's (if you have max tow, or rubicon), than other years (1.5 in to be exact I think), this truck drives like a dream. I cant feel much of a difference than stock, and believe FCA had 37's in mind when making this vehicle and prepared the vehicle for it to be done. The only issue now is stopping myself from going bigger lol.
Sponsored