Anyone switched dealers?

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How did the new dealer treat you? I would imagine they would be glad to get the service work. How did you handle the switch?

Just curious....
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Are you referring to where you take your Jeep in for service?
If so there shouldn’t be an issue. The service department is where the dealership makes a large portion of their income.

I bought my Rubicon in N.C. but will have it serviced in VA.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine an hour away because the sales dept at my local dealer are a bunch of lying douchebags. I tried the service dept and after asking if I bought it there, it was clear they weren't going to be nice. I will drive the hour. I bought it from a very nice dealer with great reviews.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I bought mine in north Georgia, tried service with two local dealers in Florida, now make the hour plus drive to a dealer in south Georgia that has been treating me right. Unfortunately this is just the way it is. You gotta bounce around until you find the right one... :headbang:

That reminds me... I need to get in for my oil change and tire rotation :idea:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
For future Wave work or warranty work
I will not go back to the dealership that I bought my truck from. They failed the tell me about the Wave program and I paid almost $90 for an oil change with synthetic oil. And an engine line was not connected from the factory and the dealership failed to notice it prior to me taking delivery of my truck. Got great help from the Jeep Cares team. But I am now done with that dealership. Going to a different dealership for future matters.

Sponsored

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I've dealt with similar issues with my dealership in getting them to actually fix my vibration issue. How do you guys find a good dealership/service center? Even the worst dealerships have "decent" reviews on Google, which makes sense considering I was offered a price reduction for a 5 star review from the dealership I bought from

MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7, 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins, 2022 Power Wagon
I guess I’m lucky! My dealer does a great job in sales and service. Bought JTR for $7k (no haggling) off sticker over the Presidents Day weekend. The service department will take care of your needs and give you a ride to/from work/home while it’s being performed (even for a standard oil change). Any repair that takes more than a day they offer a free rental car. Even if you have to wait in the lounge they have Comfy chairs/ desk areas with charging stations, free Starbucks coffee, soft drinks and ice cream. I had another dealer offer a slightly larger discount on the JTR, but it wasn’t enough to sway me from my current dealer.

MobileHomeboy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7, 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins, 2022 Power Wagon
I guess I’m lucky! My dealer does a great job in sales and service. Bought JTR for $7k (no haggling) off sticker over the Presidents Day weekend. The service department will take care of your needs and give you a ride to/from work/home while it’s being performed (even for a standard oil change). Any repair that takes more than a day they offer a free rental car. Even if you have to wait in the lounge they have Comfy chairs/ desk areas with charging stations, free Starbucks coffee, soft drinks and ice cream. I had another dealer offer a slightly larger discount on the JTR, but it wasn’t enough to sway me from my current dealer.
BTW I have been buying there since 1999. They sell Jeep/Ram/Dodge/Ford.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
I bought at Mall of Georgia because of the great deal. I take mine to Homer Skelton in Millington, TN. They are an excellent shop.

Daniel-J

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Freelancer
I had to move to another city and I had to change my dealer. I had a good experience with everyone, and I wish some of you had been satisfied with the handling or service.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I had to move to another city and I had to change my dealer. I had a good experience with everyone, and I wish some of you had been satisfied with the handling or service.
Wait...Do you actually live in Denmark?
I didn’t know they were available in Europe yet...

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Wait...Do you actually live in Denmark?
I didn’t know they were available in Europe yet...
If you look at his previous posts they all have links to articles that loosely relate to the subject. Stuff like when people are asking about sleeping in the bed of the truck he'll respond with "I had a friend that wanted to sleep on a mattress, check out this link and let me know what you think!" Link is for "Top Ten Mattresses" or some junk.

Bleh....
Sponsored