First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I used my JT for hunting. Since I am retired, I hunted 3-4 days a week from November to the first week of January. Lots of mud and that red clay sticky stuff too. I did rinse it off a couple times during that time period. I used a high pressure car wash and a large stack of quarters to clean after the close of hunting season. I then did a second and third hand wash at home. I am surprised at all the places the dirt and mud hides. Lots of holes, nooks and crannies for dirt/mud to hide. The rear bumper and over the rock slide at the back of the truck particular. Additionally, the non-slip plastic on the rear is particularly difficult to clean. It is much harder and more time consuming to clean compared to my 2003 Tundra. I cleaned all the black plastic with 303 Aerospace Protectant. I was lucky to survive the season without any scratches. Anyone else notice the mud hiding places and any suggestions???
Sponsored

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Yes, coming from a F150, this truck has lots of hard to reach/clean places. They make the truck look good, but this will likely get old quick.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
yes, after mudding.... I put mine on my slanted driveway and got underneath and washed it from back to front... Tons of mud hiding under there.... The rear bumper and front skidplate seem to really fill up... It took a while to get all the mud out. I also use 303 on all the black pieces on the truck, it looks great, and it seems to last a long time and protect.
Sponsored