Sponsored

Who has a rolling tonneau cover that they love?

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
the access cover gets out of the way well, like a 4-5" diam roll, nothing hard to hit cab/glass. Barely notice it on truck rolled up.
Sponsored

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They are pricey but I went with the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Rolling cover. It is hard like a tri-fold but rolls up like a soft cover. I have had the tri-folds in the past on full size trucks but I rarely had to fold them to the vertical position which blocks your rear view mirror. With the JT's smaller bed I figured it would have to be folded up vertically more often. So far glad I went with this cover. The whole cover also easily removes with two tabs if you need the entire bed.

IMG_6568.jpg

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
They are pricey but I went with the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Rolling cover. It is hard like a tri-fold but rolls up like a soft cover. I have had the tri-folds in the past on full size trucks but I rarely had to fold them to the vertical position which blocks your rear view mirror. With the JT's smaller bed I figured it would have to be folded up vertically more often. So far glad I went with this cover. The whole cover also easily removes with two tabs if you need the entire bed.

IMG_6568.jpg
Take a picture with it rolled up. I gotta see this!

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
If i didn't need to mount something to my bed rails i'd likely have gone with factory one
If I remember correctly, my dealer showed me the factory roll-up tonneau can be popped off easily when in the rolled-up position, without tools, giving full access to bed rails. I haven't tried this to confirm it.

I used to run a Truxedo low profile soft roll-up on the Ram and it was quality, tight, rolled up out of the way, totally dry bed, auto tensioning and a simple 6-clamp installation with no holes drilled. I wouldn't rate the JT factory roll-up quite as good, but it's close. So far very pleased with the JT tonneau, no regrets and no plans to replace it until it wears out.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember correctly, my dealer showed me the factory roll-up tonneau can be popped off easily when in the rolled-up position, without tools, giving full access to bed rails. I haven't tried this to confirm it.
Now that you mention it, it sure sounds familiar. He was showing the virtues of the factory cover. Hmmmm. makes me want to try it. (or look in the book? LOL )

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Dang! I must say that is pretty damn clean. Great choice and thanks for the pic.
Agreed, that looks really great, rolled out and rolled up. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Does it lock down when the tail gate is closed/locked?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Pages 160 and 161 say roll the cover up, secure it with the straps, remove the two bolts, lift the cover off.

tonneau-removal.png

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I have the oem cover and love it. It’s tight, doesn’t make a sound at 90 (if it did, I wouldn’t hear it over the engine and tire noise). I rolled it up last weekend and worried I wouldn’t be able to get it tight again, but nope, went right back into position.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I used to run a Truxedo low profile soft roll-up on the Ram and it was quality, tight, rolled up out of the way, totally dry bed, auto tensioning and a simple 6-clamp installation with no holes drilled. I wouldn't rate the JT factory roll-up quite as good, but it's close. So far very pleased with the JT tonneau, no regrets and no plans to replace it until it wears out.
This sounds exactly like the access covers, 3 clamps per side, tension adjusters-manual though, just a turn wheel, i never had to adjust mine after install, was always tight.

As for that hard roll up, the access cover rolls up to about 1/3 that diameter and tighter to the cab, not as much security of course.

OP
OP
Rubinator919

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Rolled as requested. It is secured in place with two straps.

IMG_6856.JPG
Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts, Reeb. I agree this cover looks great, and is on my short list.

I’ve read lots of negative reviews, though, about how this cover doesn’t fit the gladiator bed correctly. Or doesn’t sit cleanly near the cab. Not clear if those are new to install errors or something else. Do you feel like yours fits well?

FocoRusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Red
Have seen mixed reviews of both hard rolling and soft rolling with either poor fit, or wind flapping. Anyone happy with theirs?
Installed Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover this week. Love it. It’s low profile, sturdy, well constructed, easy to install, rolls into a small canister (8”x8”), and fits the gladiator perfectly. Only down side is that you can’t have a rail system installed in the bed. It comes with brackets that install into the OEM holes for rail systems.

ED6E6189-9604-406B-AE3E-333356AB11A4.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: dwl