First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
Hi everyone ! I'm Pat, currently in Kingston, ON. I say "currently" because my job make me move a lot.

I'm a longtime watcher and reader here - in the early days when it was called Jeep Scrambler Forum - and decided to make the jump yesterday. I've not been on a forum for a very long time. I'm a french canadian, so excuse my level of english writing...

Got the Jeep bug for the last 27 years. Use to wheel all over the place in Quebec and Eastern Ontario. I'm a big inline-6 4.0L fan, took me 11 years in my LJ Rubicon to get into the Pentastar. Jeeps are built, not bought, so I'm basically doing everything by myself - even went thru a full frame-off over the winter in an unheated garage...

Here's are all the Jeeps I had so far:
1992 XJ Sport 2 Doors, 4.0L, AX-15, NP231, D30/C8,25, 3.07 on 31"
1997 TJ Sport, 4.0L, AX-15, NV231, D30/D44 detroit locker, 3,73 on 33"
1993 XJ Sport 4 Doors, 4.0L AW4, NP231, D30/C8,25, 3,73 on 31"
2004 LJ, 4.0L, 42RLE, NV231, D30/D44, 3,73 on 33"
2005 LJ Rubicon, 4.0L, 42RLE, NVG241OR, D44/D44, 4,10 on 33"/35"
2008,5 WK Limited 3.0L CRD, - tow rig and grocery getter
Current one's are:
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 3,6L, NSG370, NV241OR, D44/D44, 4,10 on 33"/35", but I've got some plans for it... ;-)
2016 MK74, 4-banger but at least 4x4, wife's grocery getter

In my area both Jeep dealers got some Glad on the lot, but either not what I'm looking for or way overpriced. They are not showing any interest in ordering... Any hint for a future buyer ? Any good buying experience ? Should I wait for the diesel or even the hybrid ? I want to get rid of my wife's Patriot and get a Glad Rubicon instead. 3-6 months horizon. Any input are welcome !

See ya out there ! :)
Sponsored

BlazeJT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Welcome, from a fellow Canadian! There's a lot of great information here. Not many North-of-the-border posters, from what I see, but I suppose that the information and exchanges here are, for the most part, borderless. I ordered a Rubicon back in August from a dealership just North of Toronto. I have it now, and they also did the lift for me. Keep looking around for that dealership that makes you feel like family. Note that there also may be a hiatus in ordering right now, from what I've gathered on a few other threads. Not sure if that's true, though. I traded in a significantly customized (built) '14 JKU Rubicon for the Gladiator. It was a decision that I'm quite happy with...;)

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Welcome our Brothers/Sisters from the Great white north. Wheres the Beer Eh?

Canuck2020

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT Rubicon
Hi Fellow Members ,

I have been through the ordering process here in Quebec and although I went through 3 different dealers , my build for a Gladiator Rubicon came out to the same exact price . There seems to be very little wiggle room , although we don't see that many Gladiators in the Montreal areas ...

Dealers are borderline arrogant when you approach them . All of them had launched edition on the floor that they wanted to unload for $73K vs my custom build Rubicon that came out to $62K. Am crossing my fingers that when I get my Gladiator (should be here sometimes in next week or so ) that JEEP Canada will either have a special interest rate or special that dealer can apply . I know a long shot .

A bit of history , I am an experienced after-Sales Manager in a German brand with a technician Background, worked over 15 years at a technician . My jeep background is owning 1 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland , then a 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee , a 2017 SRT Grand Cherokee and currently a 2018.5 Jeep JLU Rubicon that I will trade for Gladiator as the only issue I have with my wrangler is the lack of room when going up north to chalet or long range shooting .

Will be transferring and installing lots of my gear from my wrangler back onto my Gladiator which weighed in on my decision to purchase Gladiator rather then a Ram Rebel pick up .

Will post when I get it , keep an eye on what did I do to my gladiator today posts :)

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I have nothing of value to add to this thread, but I spent a couple days in Kingston this past summer on my (mostly) cross-Canada drive. I say "mostly" because we only got as far as Moncton, NB. Kingston was a very pretty city; lots of cool buildings and shops/restaurants downtown near the lake; hope to spend more time there one day, @Cadpat7 !

And Montreal is one of my favourite cities in Canada, @Canuck2020 ! Didn't get to spend any time there this trip (we bypassed it on our way to Quebec City where we stayed after Kingston.

Anyways. Just rambling and reminiscing until next summer when I'll hopefully be back on that side of the country!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
I have nothing of value to add to this thread, but I spent a couple days in Kingston this past summer on my (mostly) cross-Canada drive. I say "mostly" because we only got as far as Moncton, NB. Kingston was a very pretty city; lots of cool buildings and shops/restaurants downtown near the lake; hope to spend more time there one day, @Cadpat7 !

And Montreal is one of my favourite cities in Canada, @Canuck2020 ! Didn't get to spend any time there this trip (we bypassed it on our way to Quebec City where we stayed after Kingston.

Anyways. Just rambling and reminiscing until next summer when I'll hopefully be back on that side of the country!
I'll see you somewhere along the Trans-Canadian Hwy. Plan is to pin my pop-up trailer behind the Jeep, get the kids strapped in, and drive all the way to my sister's place in Victoria, then all the way back 10 days after.

If you liked Kingston for his cool buildings and shops/restaurants downtown near the lake, you MUST arrange yourself to spend a couple days in Quebec City then. It's much prettier than K-town, with a nightlife, 5x bigger, much more cool buildings + fortifications, and restaurant who serve excellent food are too numerous to count... Big plus they do got lots of "buck a beer" that you can buy at any corner stores ! :-D

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I'll see you somewhere along the Trans-Canadian Hwy. Plan is to pin my pop-up trailer behind the Jeep, get the kids strapped in, and drive all the way to my sister's place in Victoria, then all the way back 10 days after.
Sounds like a blast! Our trip was done in a 2-door JK Rubicon with the backseat removed. The back was jammed full with 2 dog crates for the mutts and our luggage, gear, etc. It would be much more comfortable in a JT!

Victoria is beautiful, but if you get the opportunity and haven't been there, be sure to explore some of the other parts of the Island. Tofino (about 4.5 hours away) is a must; the beaches are incredible, and if the surfers don't inspire you to give it a try, it is fun to watch them from the window of Long Beach Lodge's restaurant while drinking a local brew. On the way to Tofino, stop at the beaches in Parksville/Qualicum Beach; it is at the halfway point and worth checking out. If you do take that trip, let me know and I'll make some recommendations for where to stay and where to eat.

Or, if you want a great round-trip drive of about the same duration and not need to stay overnight somewhere, do the Victoria - Port Renfrew - Lake Cowichan - Victoria loop. Some amazing beaches between Sooke and Port Renfrew (French Beach, Jordan River), and the pub in Port Renfrew (halfway point) is a great place to have lunch; great beer selection and surprisingly good food for such a small town. Their deck is right on the water, so you can often watch the otters and seals from your seat, and last time I was there a pod of humpbacks came through into the inlet. Lake Cowichan is a nice place to take a dip in the summer.

I love Vancouver Island; I've been all the way from the southern tip up to a remote little fishing town on the northwest tip called Winter Harbour that requires a 2 hour trek in via logging road. Probably too far for you, as Port Hardy (where you turn off onto the dirt) is about 5.5 hours from Victoria...anyways, I'm rambling again! :LOL:

If you liked Kingston for his cool buildings and shops/restaurants downtown near the lake, you MUST arrange yourself to spend a couple days in Quebec City then. It's much prettier than K-town, with a nightlife, 5x bigger, much more cool buildings + fortifications, and restaurant who serve excellent food are too numerous to count... Big plus they do got lots of "buck a beer" that you can buy at any corner stores ! :-D
We did stay just outside Quebec City and spent the day in the city; we absolutely will be staying right in town next time and staying longer! Gorgeous city, especially in Old Quebec; it feels like Europe. We walked all around the fortifications and around Notre Dame Basilica and were blown away. We'd like to spend more time in La Belle Province in general, as we found everyone friendly and welcoming, and patient enough to switch to English after my horrible attempts to use my limited French; I wish I'd stuck with it past Grade 8! :facepalm::blush:

I really enjoyed my journey across Canada, it really made me feel closer to my country and appreciate everything we have here. I look forward to seeing more next summer!
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 9.21.09 AM.png

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hi Pat,

I’m Chris and I’m at Downsview Chrysler and have a number of Jeep Gladiators on the lot and have sold quite a few of them already. If you are interested I can definitively help you out in your search for the exact Gladiator you are looking for. Feel free to send me a message and I can do what I can to get you one.

Hi everyone ! I'm Pat, currently in Kingston, ON. I say "currently" because my job make me move a lot.

I'm a longtime watcher and reader here - in the early days when it was called Jeep Scrambler Forum - and decided to make the jump yesterday. I've not been on a forum for a very long time. I'm a french canadian, so excuse my level of english writing...

Got the Jeep bug for the last 27 years. Use to wheel all over the place in Quebec and Eastern Ontario. I'm a big inline-6 4.0L fan, took me 11 years in my LJ Rubicon to get into the Pentastar. Jeeps are built, not bought, so I'm basically doing everything by myself - even went thru a full frame-off over the winter in an unheated garage...

Here's are all the Jeeps I had so far:
1992 XJ Sport 2 Doors, 4.0L, AX-15, NP231, D30/C8,25, 3.07 on 31"
1997 TJ Sport, 4.0L, AX-15, NV231, D30/D44 detroit locker, 3,73 on 33"
1993 XJ Sport 4 Doors, 4.0L AW4, NP231, D30/C8,25, 3,73 on 31"
2004 LJ, 4.0L, 42RLE, NV231, D30/D44, 3,73 on 33"
2005 LJ Rubicon, 4.0L, 42RLE, NVG241OR, D44/D44, 4,10 on 33"/35"
2008,5 WK Limited 3.0L CRD, - tow rig and grocery getter
Current one's are:
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 3,6L, NSG370, NV241OR, D44/D44, 4,10 on 33"/35", but I've got some plans for it... ;-)
2016 MK74, 4-banger but at least 4x4, wife's grocery getter

In my area both Jeep dealers got some Glad on the lot, but either not what I'm looking for or way overpriced. They are not showing any interest in ordering... Any hint for a future buyer ? Any good buying experience ? Should I wait for the diesel or even the hybrid ? I want to get rid of my wife's Patriot and get a Glad Rubicon instead. 3-6 months horizon. Any input are welcome !

See ya out there ! :)

OP
OP

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
Hi Pat,

I’m Chris and I’m at Downsview Chrysler and have a number of Jeep Gladiators on the lot and have sold quite a few of them already. If you are interested I can definitively help you out in your search for the exact Gladiator you are looking for. Feel free to send me a message and I can do what I can to get you one.
Hi Chris ! I will definitively send you a PM or an e-mail ! Last Jeep I've bought was in Quebec City (5 1/2 hours drive), and "imported" it to Ontario - what a painful process. Downsview is much closer to Kingston :) I hate driving into the GTA (the 400-series sucks!), but we never knows...

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just had a couple come down from Kingston to pick up a Grand Cherokee from me so we do have people who make the drive for a great deal. Feel free to send me a message and I will be more than happy to assist you.
Hi Chris ! I will definitively send you a PM or an e-mail ! Last Jeep I've bought was in Quebec City (5 1/2 hours drive), and "imported" it to Ontario - what a painful process. Downsview is much closer to Kingston :) I hate driving into the GTA (the 400-series sucks!), but we never knows...
Sponsored