Sponsored

ΚΑΣΣΑΝΔΡΑ (Kassandra) - Hydro Blue and Supercharged

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro JTR named "Kassandra", 2020 HellaYella JLUR named "Stuart", 2019 Brilliant white JLUR named "Dru", 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named "Lucy", 00 Silver TJ named "Gru"
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
I'd like to introduce ΚΑΣΣΑΝΔΡΑ (Kassandra).

2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Hydro Blue Pearl with matching flares
Black hardtop
Factory Bedliner
Dark Saddle Tan leather seats
Led light package
Steel Bumper option
Cold weather group (heated seats)
8.4 touch screen
TrailCam
Tow hitch
Switch group
Remote start/proximity

I own a small jeep rental company in Sedona Arizona and have a fleet of JLURs. Kassandra will serve the role of a support jeep, responsible for towing, recovery, parts transport, and occasional tour guide. Here is the start of my build, on the day I got her.

IMG_20200131_114655_01.jpg

MVIMG_20200131_095714.jpg

IMG_20200131_112347.jpg

IMG_20200131_112323.jpg

IMG_20200131_110606.jpg

IMG_20200131_110645.jpg

IMG_20200131_110703.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro JTR named "Kassandra", 2020 HellaYella JLUR named "Stuart", 2019 Brilliant white JLUR named "Dru", 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named "Lucy", 00 Silver TJ named "Gru"
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
Why ΚΑΣΣΑΝΔΡΑ (Kassandra)?

Kassandra is the main protagonist from Assasins Creed Odyssey. She's a straight-up badass Spartan mercenary. When my wife and I asked ourselves what are we going to name our new gladiator, We both thought Kassandra was the obvious choice.

1e5c23064c4ff73b73a5b543902c0182.jpg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Better pic...

159a8c605bae65db848113512835.jpg

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
Lol, before this gets too far out of control, I'm collecting parts...

IMG_20200201_100324.jpg

Rockhard 4x4 winchplate, Factor 55 Splicer, Metalcloak Trackbar, RC 2.5" spacer for the front.

Not pictured, Smittybilt 9.5k winch w/ synthetic line. Rusty's 1.5" spacer lift for the rear. Metalcloak Duraspring front bumpstops (they don't make the rear yet)

IMG_20200130_135110.jpg

Evo Bomber rockers. First, I roughed the surface up with a 60 grit flap wheel, then 2 coats of self-etching primer. Then finished with 3 coats Duplicolor bed liner. The trick is on the last coat to hold the can a bit further away (18" ish) for a nice matte finish and slightly rough texture. It is not a perfect match for the factory steel, but its very close.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
I wanted a good baseline for mods. So I took careful measurements to track where I started from. These are the measurements on a stock Rubicon with steel bumpers. The measurement from the front bumper was taken in the middle, just in front of where the skid plate meets the bumper. The rear measurement is to the bottom of the tow hitch.

Factory Measurements.jpg

Jeep did a good job hiding the rake. The distance from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender flare is 8" both front and rear. The only place you can get an accurate measurement is the bottom of the rock rail. The front is at 17.5 and the rear is 19, so there is only about 1.5" of rake. If you were to extend an imaginary line to the center of the wheels and measure that, you would have probably near 2" difference.

Obviously, Kassandra is sitting on a slope in this picture. I took the measurements in my driveway which is level.

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Initial Launch Jeep Gladiator
Nice build so far. I'm actually going to be looking for some land in Sedona in the Spring and/or summer. Maybe you'll see me driving around. I'm afraid I'm a geologist and we're just not all that accurate when it comes to the details you have recorded on your Ruby (sorry, Kassandra). I've been doing a slow build because mine (no name yet, letting my wife name her), because it's a LE and every addition goes thorough a analysis paralysis process. Here's a copy of photos.

Good luck on your build and keep posting.

Regards,

Wayne

Front2.jpeg

Back 2A.jpg

Wench.jpeg

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
Nice build so far. I'm actually going to be looking for some land in Sedona in the Spring and/or summer. Maybe you'll see me driving around. I'm afraid I'm a geologist and we're just not all that accurate when it comes to the details you have recorded on your Ruby (sorry, Kassandra). I've been doing a slow build because mine (no name yet, letting my wife name her), because it's a LE and every addition goes thorough a analysis paralysis process. Here's a copy of photos.

Good luck on your build and keep posting.

Regards,

Wayne
Awesome Jeep, the name will come to you. Sedona is a beautiful place, you will love it.

I'm accurate enough. ;)

Kassandra had her winch plate and winch installed, and now she's getting a ceramic coating applied (by me).

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
Ceramic coating completed.
Winch installed.
Subby antennae installed.
Door sill guards installed

IMG_20200203_174821.jpg

IMG_20200205_075014.jpg

IMG_20200203_162922.jpg

IMG_20200203_140602.jpg

Last edited:

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know, I don't why the stock Ruby front bumper gets so little respect. It must have taken hundreds of hours to come up with a design they thought would appeal to most stewart Jeep enthusiast. I've decided it's just like everything else. Doesn't matter how good you make something, someone will find fault with it. My attitude may change, but I do love my JT and think the design team did an awesome job. Now, I have a 2006 Toyota 4X4 that holds such a place in my heart that I could never sale her. I'm dumping money into her to spruce her up a bit so I can take her out for a spin from time to time. So, I do understand how some people feel about the purity of the Jeep brand. I'm rapidly becoming someone that feels the same way about the JT, but it won't have an impact on my appreciation for the technological breakthroughs being applied now and in the future. I embrace them.

Nice Front end. Good winch setup. I have't gone beyond the basics yet. Baby steps. That antenna is perfect!

Look forward to your next addition.

Regards,

Wayne

Sponsored

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
You know, I don't why the stock Ruby front bumper gets so little respect. It must have taken hundreds of hours to come up with a design they thought would appeal to most stewart Jeep enthusiast. I've decided it's just like everything else. Doesn't matter how good you make something, someone will find fault with it. My attitude may change, but I do love my JT and think the design team did an awesome job. Now, I have a 2006 Toyota 4X4 that holds such a place in my heart that I could never sale her. I'm dumping money into her to spruce her up a bit so I can take her out for a spin from time to time. So, I do understand how some people feel about the purity of the Jeep brand. I'm rapidly becoming someone that feels the same way about the JT, but it won't have an impact on my appreciation for the technological breakthroughs being applied now and in the future. I embrace them.

Nice Front end. Good winch setup. I have't gone beyond the basics yet. Baby steps. That antenna is perfect!

Look forward to your next addition.

Regards,

Wayne
I agree the Mopar steel bumper is the best-looking one. Its a work of art and the aftermarket cannot even come close to the compound curves and complexity involved in its design and construction. I appreciate everyone wanting to make their jeep unique though.

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
some early morning coffee pics. It is not a Starbucks, but still the natural habitat of the Rubicon

IMG_20200204_070523.jpg

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
I installed the Evo Bomber Rockers. These things are amazing: Very well built. Very well designed. I really like how they hug the body of the JT. You cannot see the pinch seems because they sit high and tucked in like the factory rails. They mount to both the pinch seems and to the body mounts so they are solid.

IMG_20200205_174017.jpg

IMG_20200205_075316.jpg

IMG_20200205_075257.jpg

IMG_20200205_174118.jpg

IMG_20200205_174039.jpg

I really like that they help protect the painted rear flares and should stop nearly all door dings. It's also nice to know I'm protected off-road... JTs are long and scraping the belly is a certainty.

Last edited:

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice look. I still like my factory rails so I'm not going to replace them. But, yours are very cool. You photos are well done as well. I'll try to replicate them next time I take photos of mine.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Wayne

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
Nice look. I still like my factory rails so I'm not going to replace them. But, yours are very cool. You photos are well done as well. I'll try to replicate them next time I take photos of mine.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Wayne
I do like the factory rails, but I wanted the extra protection for the painted flares. The Evos should stop most of the chips from happening. I've seen what rocks can do to the black plastic ones. Mopar does make some rails that look just like the stock rubicon ones but wider. I considered them for a bit. And thanks for the compliments!
Sponsored