Sponsored

Evo Bomber Rockers

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
They are finished with Dulplicolor truck bed lining. I didn't opt for Powdercoat because I want to be able to repair scratches myself.

I changed the title because the Bombers are such a high-quality product I didn't want to turn off people from Northridge or Evo because of one less than stellar experience that has been corrected so it won't happen again to others.
That's nice of you. Sounds like a poopy misunderstanding that's resolved. Thanks for the update. Still gotta contact evo to find out if the skins can be mounted Independently of the rails.
Sponsored

highoctane

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What says that EVO has not changed pricing on there site and contacted there suppliers since Wednesday?

I am not accusing anyone of anything. Just tossing it out there. Sounds to me like it is a very new product that would only have a extremely limited amount of people effected by the pricing hiccup. Who ever is at fault should step up and pay the difference.
Evo Mfg's website has always reflected the correct price and configuration. I debated getting these sliders 4 months ago and the website was the same then as it currently is.

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Usually when you need to purchase brackets separately, it's because the steps or rockers are universal fit or they fit multiple vehicles but the brackets do not.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
As a final follow up, Evo drop shipped the mounting brackets nearly as fast as Northridge did. The Rockers are installed and they are awesome. The quality of the fabrication is second to none. The welds are perfect, the bends are perfect, the fit is perfect. Install is easy but time-consuming, there are about 100 nuts, bolts, and washers in all and very few of them are accessible with power tools. I was able to do the install solo without too much trouble. The attach both to the frame mounts and to the pinch seems and should be able to take hard hits no problem.

IMG_20200205_075316.jpg

IMG_20200205_075257.jpg
can you somewhat step on these to get in the truck or is that not possible?

OP
OP
RedRockRubicon

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro JTR named "Kassandra", 2020 HellaYella JLUR named "Stuart", 2019 Brilliant white JLUR named "Dru", 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named "Lucy", 00 Silver TJ named "Gru"
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
can you somewhat step on these to get in the truck or is that not possible?
They could be used as a step, however the only stick out about 2" so it would be easy to slip off. They are also tucked up close to the body like the factory rails so they only sit like an inch lower than the door sill.

IMG_20200205_075329.jpg

IMG_20200205_174118.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
They could be used as a step, however the only stick out about 2" so it would be easy to slip off. They are also tucked up close to the body like the factory rails so they only sit like an inch lower than the door sill.

IMG_20200205_075329.jpg

IMG_20200205_174118.jpg
Thank you for the info. They look super good.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Punk'n, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD Hydro Blue
For those running these, how are they holding up? Has anyone used them as a rock slider? Any chance a hard hit would cause the slider to impact the body?

I'm trying to decide between these or something like Rustys or Shockworks frame mounted sliders. Or maybe even spend the money on RSE.

Thanks.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Yeah I would not be happy about getting hosed for another $250.
my rock hard 4x4 sliders weren’t cheap but they came complete and have been bulletproof.
Sponsored