OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
On a side note, I did find a replacement fairly close. It's Gobi. I will wait to hear from insurance agent
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Dang. Another thread of someone smashing up their Gladiator. Glad your okay. I hope insurance treats you fairly, even though the odds are not in your favor. Make sure to look for them to pay the diminished value if they fix it.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Dang. Another thread of someone smashing up their Gladiator. Glad your okay. I hope insurance treats you fairly, even though the odds are not in your favor.
Yeah... I'm still jumping through hoops from an accident (not at fault) in August 2018. It's crazy how drawn out these things are.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah... I'm still jumping through hoops from an accident (not at fault) in August 2018. It's crazy how drawn out these things are.
It took 2 years and filing a suit to get Insurance to pay for medical bills for my wife’s crash. She was not at fault and was 6 months pregnant. They were 100% assholes. The only good thing I can say is that the insurance adjuster that took care of our car (according to him) had to argue with his boss about the value of our car and why we deserved such a high payout. It was already used when we bought it two months prior and in immaculate shape or we would have been screwed for sure.

Sponsored

2ligit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP GLADIATOR
That thing took a nice hit. Glad you are ok. Right side frame rail looks like it is out. Right side wheel is facing to much to the right.You bagged them in the a pillar which is very stout part of the vehicle. I don't know what the insurance laws are in your state but in Texas, if you replace a frame you get two vins,one for the vehicle and one for the frame. That basically makes it worthless on resale. I haven't done a Gladiator yet so I don't know if they have a front frame section to negate a full frame replacement. Airbag replacement usually means steering column replacement( a hold over from Dalmer) Again,I haven't done one yet so I don't know pricing but I would guess 15k right off the bat. Good luck with the insurance adjuster. BE NICE!!!! I know your pissed about your brand new truck but it usually goes a lot smoother if you are nice to the adjuster :) Can you guess what I do for a living ? If you have any questions or think you are getting jerked around,feel free to message me . I can tell you what they are thinking.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That thing took a nice hit. Glad you are ok. Right side frame rail looks like it is out. Right side wheel is facing to much to the right.You bagged them in the a pillar which is very stout part of the vehicle. I don't know what the insurance laws are in your state but in Texas, if you replace a frame you get two vins,one for the vehicle and one for the frame. That basically makes it worthless on resale. I haven't done a Gladiator yet so I don't know if they have a front frame section to negate a full frame replacement. Airbag replacement usually means steering column replacement( a hold over from Dalmer) Again,I haven't done one yet so I don't know pricing but I would guess 15k right off the bat. Good luck with the insurance adjuster. BE NICE!!!! I know your pissed about your brand new truck but it usually goes a lot smoother if you are nice to the adjuster :) Can you guess what I do for a living ? If you have any questions or think you are getting jerked around,feel free to message me . I can tell you what they are thinking.
Thanks, I just got off the phone with adjuster. They are sending out an appraiser probably tomorrow or Monday. I will know what the damage is then. Being a 2020 my fear is they will fix it. I'd just rather not have a pieced together pickup.

And yes, I was nice to the adjuster on the phone. It's not his fault. I was even nice to the kid that turned in front of me. It was his fault!

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Thanks, I just got off the phone with adjuster. They are sending out an appraiser probably tomorrow or Monday. I will know what the damage is then. Being a 2020 my fear is they will fix it. I'd just rather not have a pieced together pickup.

And yes, I was nice to the adjuster on the phone. It's not his fault. I was even nice to the kid that turned in front of me. It was his fault!
Agreed. I’d push for a total. Also factor in diminished value as that will go under the repair cost column. Trying to sell a vehicle with a story can become a big headache if/when the time comes - even selling it at a reduced price to reflect the accident still has a lesser buying audience.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So sad to see, glad everyone is okay though. Time for a Rubicon ;)

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Gladiator man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
8,300 miles on it. I am hoping it's totaled as I would rather not drive a patched up Gladiator. Dude made a left turn in front of me this morning.

Silver lining: I am ok and so is the other driver, I may end up getting a new Gladiator out of this, I had an appointment this evening for new wheels and tires, that who knows if the insurance would have covered or not.

Question for those in the know. This one had the max tow, but I no longer need that. What am I giving up, besides towing capacity, by going to the 3.73 gear ration?

2020-02-06 08.02.33.jpg

2020-02-06 07.37.53.jpg

2020-02-06 07.37.05.jpg

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The only way I can see that being totalled is if the frame has been tweaked up pretty badly. If it's not totalled, I'd at least request that the body shop uses oem parts to fix it.

OP
OP
MomsSpaghetti

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I agree. I can hope tho. lol. I’m still waiting on the assessment from the insurance company :mad:

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Subscribed to see the outcome. Glad all parties involved were not seriously injured.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
People have mentioned diminished value. Do not overlook this as the newer the vehicle, the higher the diminished value and it may be the difference between a patched up truck and a new truck! Push hard! You loved this truck, worked hard to save for it. Thought you would keep it for a few years and then trade it in for an upgraded version.

As noted above, diminished value is just what it means and your truck now has an apostrophe next to its vin and you will take a huge hit on resale. Do not let them dick you around!

oh, and glad to hear you are not injured.
Sponsored