Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily snow doesn't do that...... will see what the next couple of months bring........
Sponsored

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
New 2020 Overland owner here and the first two days I owned my Gladiator it rained. A lot.

Every time I opened the door, the rain water would pour into the cab, on the seats and floor. I traded in a 2008 4dr Unlimited so I didn't care much about water but my new Jeep has leather and I guess I'm being more cautious. Anyone notice this issue?

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 3.34.47 PM.jpg
I put a blob of black silicone at the channel edge to create a dam/blockage. The water now drain to the rear of the door and harmlessly away. Try it yourself...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)

Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I did not know this was available! Thank you so much for showing me this and sharing with the forum. I would have to think this company can hardly keep these in stock? It looks somewhat factory and works with both hard or soft tops. Problem solved? Does anyone have experience with this product?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
yup same place here too :-(
Hi Shawn/B,
I certainly see how this might be frustrating. If you decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, please feel free to send our team a private message for additional support!

Kathryn
JeepCares

beegee1028

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladis the Gladiator Sport S
This water is running down the drip rails on both front doors. Not normal and it's not a leak. Drip rails must be redirected . I will extend mine to see if that works.

20200206_122709[1].jpg

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Last edited:

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Very good. I'm going to necro this a bit as it just happened to me today (as I just got mine on Tues) and wondered why I had a stream of water going into my truck this afternoon in a small rain shower. Maybe others can be helped by the necro. To the front page again!

Sponsored

1proudpapa

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator overland
Got this response ...
The drip rails are attached with 3M automotive tape. No tools required.
Jeep Gladiator Rain Water Draining Into Cab? 5CB54F12-4026-457F-B406-9DC0F7312F7D
I'm wondering if the adhesive tape they mention attaches to the front of the factory Drip edge or not. I have dual tops and would love to have these but don't want to have to replace adhesive every time I go from hard top to soft top. I have sent them an email inquiry, but does anyone know the answer to this?

shany25m

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4-door, 2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
So, is the potential fix more of extending the seal or create better drainage?
I tried molding rubber to extend the drainage track and completely blocking the end of that end of the drain. Nothing stopped the waterfall completely, though. Happy to report I'm trading in the gladiator for the 2021 JKU Rubicon 4xE. *Not because of this issue šŸ˜‰* Gladiator never grew on me prefer the JKU. Hoping the one-touch automatic roof comes leak free... But this IS "Jeep" so I am prepared šŸ¤£

shany25m

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4-door, 2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
I have a new gladiator and stumbled across your post when looking to see if anyone has had this problem or come up with a solution yet. I noticed my floor boards were wet in the front seat corners when I took delivery of my gladiator and thought maybe the detail guys had let water in while cleaning it up for me. It was only later that I realized why the wetness was there That drain channel dumps a stream of water when you open the door if it is raining or the top has been recently wet down (hence the detail guys opening the doors after washing it). I'm wanting to put weathertech type mats in the jt but fear water getting under the mat and causing a mildew/mold problem due to the rain water draining down onto the door sill then behind /under the mat . Wondering if you ever came up with a solution to this design flaw and if so, please share Thank you
No I never did find a reliable fix. I rarely drove it and am getting rid of it now. Hopefully by now you were able to figure something out!

WendyH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Purchasing Agent
I thought that this was going to be a joke thread....

But they are serious!!!

All Jeep JL JT and most JK's leak when the door is open...

It is designed to put is rearward and forward depending on the tilt of the truck but you will get wet when it is raining....Imagine that:headbang::headbang:
Not true! My 2003 jeep Wrangler never poured rain on my lap when I open the door! There is definitely something different with the design for the 2020 gladiator. Too bad you didnā€™t put as much of your brain power into coming up with a solution.