Sponsored

Who has a rolling tonneau cover that they love?

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts, Reeb. I agree this cover looks great, and is on my short list.

I’ve read lots of negative reviews, though, about how this cover doesn’t fit the gladiator bed correctly. Or doesn’t sit cleanly near the cab. Not clear if those are new to install errors or something else. Do you feel like yours fits well?
One thing I missed when I ordered the cover was the fact it required the bed rail system for install. I had already ordered the the bed rail system as well but it was several weeks back ordered....so i had to wait to install the cover which was a little bit of a bummer. I feel the cover fits well but it took some fine tuning to get it that way. It is not water tight which I expected. Small leaks at the bed corners.
Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts, Reeb. I agree this cover looks great, and is on my short list.

I’ve read lots of negative reviews, though, about how this cover doesn’t fit the gladiator bed correctly. Or doesn’t sit cleanly near the cab. Not clear if those are new to install errors or something else. Do you feel like yours fits well?
It fits well once you get it tweaked which was not overly difficult. Two things...its not 100% water tight and it requires the trail rail system. Overall I'm pleased with the cover but to be honest I preferred the look of it over some of the other covers available.
Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
Installed the Bestop rolling tonneau cover today. For the price, it isn’t bad at all and fits pretty well. Easy install with only two clamps on each side.

AEE31458-3277-4949-B561-7C3C323FC416.jpeg

Roklok

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Put a Truxedo Sentry hard roll up cover on mine. Gives me another secure area on a limited space vehicle. So far works and looks good. No flapping or leaks. It is expensive but I do this with all my "toys".

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I did the Truxedo Sentry. Was not aware it required the trail rail system. I ended up fabricating some brackets. For it to fit absolutely perfect they need to make the latches about 1/4 wider on each side, other than that. It is decent.
20200126_093959.jpg
20200126_093918.jpg

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I work in a truck accessory shop and I've installed hundreds of Access covers and I can tell you that fabric tonneaus are not meant to be completely water tight. That being said, there are a couple of things you can do to minimize water entering. When I install Access covers, I stick an L seal to the bulkhead that spans the entire length from driver side to passenger side. If you have a spray in liner over the bulkhead, you need to make sure the liner is completely free of dirt and grime and then use any assortment of chemical that can soften up and clean the liner. This will provide the best possible stick. Finally, I'll put some sticky putty in the front corners of the tonneau rails and bulkhead to help keep more water out.

Sponsored

TylereWithAnE

First Name
Tylere
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Access cover since 2005 on everything with a box. Love them, look great. Just put the lorado on my JT. Simple light tough gets out of the way and leaves the box rails free to mount things if needed.
Got any pictures? Im thinking about getting an Access cover for mine.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I got some pics on instagram where my details are, @2020_jt_yyc

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
My previous cover was the BakFlip on my raptor. Hated that thing. Blocked rear window when open, froze easily etc.

Absolutely love the OEM Roll Up cover and thought i would hate it. It gets out of the way wuixkly and keeps the rear window free. Ability to open just the front part for longer items like boards or skis or just a tailgate pad is awesome. Keeps things dry and looks good too. No flapping and because it is soft you can overpack a little and still close it tight. Def recommend it over tri folds or BakFlip style

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Well I am happy to report that my LiteRider kept my bed dry during the Gladiator’s first wash. I did add a full length weatherstrip at the cab side just for extra insurance. There is a bit of a gap at the tailgate side, but water didn’t even make it two inches into the bed. I didn’t do any direct sprays, but I soaked the cover from several angles and let the water run wherever it wanted too.

As an added bonus I had ZERO leaks into the cab. Includes the top, doors, rear window, EVERYTHING. I was nervous since my JK had leaks from Day 1, but it had a soft top and my Gladiator has a hard top.

Very happy with my nice DRY Gladiator.:like::sun:

OP
OP
Rubinator919

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They are pricey but I went with the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Rolling cover. It is hard like a tri-fold but rolls up like a soft cover. I have had the tri-folds in the past on full size trucks but I rarely had to fold them to the vertical position which blocks your rear view mirror. With the JT's smaller bed I figured it would have to be folded up vertically more often. So far glad I went with this cover. The whole cover also easily removes with two tabs if you need the entire bed.

IMG_6568.jpg
Just pulled the trigger on this cover, largely based on your positive review. You should get a commission. Amazon has these right now for about $130 off (price seems to change daily), and Rugged Ridge has a $100 rebate if purchased by the end of Feb, so the time was right!

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Got any pictures? Im thinking about getting an Access cover for mine.
instagram 2020_jt_yyc should be a few there, you can barely notice the little 4" roll way up at the front of the cab when i'm hauling couches to the dump, and otherwise looks a lot like that rugged ridge roll up cover the guy has on this page, the rugged ridge would have more security of course, and more weight and makes a bigger roll, more price to go with i suspect...both look like good ones, just depending on features you need and wallet allows ;)

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just pulled the trigger on this cover, largely based on your positive review. You should get a commission. Amazon has these right now for about $130 off (price seems to change daily), and Rugged Ridge has a $100 rebate if purchased by the end of Feb, so the time was right!
I won't hold my breath.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Looks good, this is one that I’m considering. Is the top over the hard slats a vinyl or fabric? It seems like a fabric. If so how well does it match the premium softtop material?

They are pricey but I went with the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Rolling cover. It is hard like a tri-fold but rolls up like a soft cover. I have had the tri-folds in the past on full size trucks but I rarely had to fold them to the vertical position which blocks your rear view mirror. With the JT's smaller bed I figured it would have to be folded up vertically more often. So far glad I went with this cover. The whole cover also easily removes with two tabs if you need the entire bed.

IMG_6568.jpg

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good, this is one that I’m considering. Is the top over the hard slats a vinyl or fabric? It seems like a fabric. If so how well does it match the premium softtop material?
Yes, the fabric is over the the slats. The materials are similar but not the same but close enough. The top is more of a twill where the cover material is more nylon.
Sponsored