BuiltRight Industries Utility Rail System - A $230 Mopar Trail Rail Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Please post links to where you found the hardware. Thx!
I ordered my parts from MSC Industrial Supply

https://www.mscdirect.com

You can search the part number (in bold below) from their home page.

Item # Total Qty. Ordered Qty. to be Shipped Back Ordered Vendor Drop Shipped Price Ext. Price Comments
73249690 4 4 - - 6.9100 $27.64
3/8" BOLT SIZE SQ WASHER STAINLESS STEEL
08099038 4 4 - - 5.1100 $20.44
3/8-16X1 1/4 SHOULD.TYPE THR.EYE BOLT
05724828 100 100 - - 6.2100 $6.21
3/8" HEAT TREAT SPLIT LOCK WASHER GR 8

The only parts not included here are the strut channel nuts, which I purchased at Home Depot.
Sponsored

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know if these are ready to ship? Another forum member posted a week ago his order took 5 weeks to arrive??! @BuiltRight

We just bought a JT over the weekend and want to get everything ordered including the diamondback SE tonneau cover, which mounts directly to the trail rail system.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Well hell, wish I would have seen this during the pre-order phase...Looks like I will have to suck it up and pay the extra $30.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well hell, wish I would have seen this during the pre-order phase...Looks like I will have to suck it up and pay the extra $30.
worth it! i really like mine. sure could have saved a few bucks, spent a bunch of time, bitched when it wasn't quite right and done it on my own with some unistrut, but this kit is totally worth it IMHO.

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Will this setup work with a hard fold cover on the bed? like Extang Fold 2.0?
I think this would depend on the particular model tonneau you have. Some do not work with the factory bed-rails kit. Those that do not can usually be modified to work with it.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think this would depend on the particular model tonneau you have. Some do not work with the factory bed-rails kit. Those that do not can usually be modified to work with it.
My max-mate from amazon does not work with the BRI or Mopar rails and had to be modified. I bet many aftermarket brackets look like this and curl under the bed sides. With the mopar/BRI rail kit, you can't get under there anymore and have to modify them. I'll try to find photos of what I did.
upload_2020-2-25_15-40-30.png

EDIT: Here's what I made Watch my video starting at 5:50,
upload_2020-2-25_15-45-58.png

kosmos

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My bed rail kit from BuiltRight just showed up - planning on installing this weekend - however factory bed liner has been sprayed in by the factory - some of the bolt holes have some liner over/in them - any suggestions on fast and easy way to clean out the bolt holes from the factory spray in bed-liner ?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Kosmos, 2 choices M6 tap or what I'd guess most of us did get extra M6 bolts and use one or two too chase the threads out. If you do the latter, clean out threads on bolt after each one. You could take a file across the first few threads and make a "cutting edge" across from the starting point of thread and use wax or oil to make it easier. And do get the spare ones 25-30 mm long, you don't have to run them all way in but gives you some room to see and make sure they are straight going in. I did mine 3 days ago. A few was a real PTA to get clean. I'm not the one who did this first Kudos to the one that did.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
factory - some of the bolt holes have some liner over/in them - any suggestions on fast and easy way to clean out the bolt holes from the factory spray in bed-liner
Tap is best option. I ran a screw through one of mine and did not like the results. A tap is made to eject the filings from the hole. It also cuts sharp. Running a screw just kind of compressed all of the bed liner gunk.

I'm lucky in that i have a bunch of machinist equipment. If you need a tap, an M6 would run about $10.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
What happened to Matt @BuiltRight ? Did he get mega swamped on the Ford side of things? He was pretty involved on here, but can't get a hold of him now. Site shows the last time he logged on here was before Christmas. Wouldn't mind getting some more stuff from him...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happened to Matt @BuiltRight ? Did he get mega swamped on the Ford side of things? He was pretty involved on here, but can't get a hold of him now. Site shows the last time he logged on here was before Christmas. Wouldn't mind getting some more stuff from him...
Best way to get ahold of him is to call him I think. He's also pretty active on facebook.

OP
OP
BuiltRight

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Mega swamped with everything! I've been lurking regularly, but we've got so many new products in the pipeline (Ford, JT and other) that I've mostly had my head down getting work done. It's quickest for me to post misc updates and such on Facebook, so if you want to keep an eye on what's cookin, please join our 'private' facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuiltRight/

That being said, Utility Rail Kit orders picked way up in the last month or so and we're out of stock for a week right now, as a heads up!

JT/JL Dash Mounts are almost done, so that'll be the next thread you see from me! Also have something a little more fun/strange that I've been playing with, so I may run that by you guys as well. :)

Matt

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mega swamped with everything! I've been lurking regularly, but we've got so many new products in the pipeline (Ford, JT and other) that I've mostly had my head down getting work done. It's quickest for me to post misc updates and such on Facebook, so if you want to keep an eye on what's cookin, please join our 'private' facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuiltRight/

That being said, Utility Rail Kit orders picked way up in the last month or so and we're out of stock for a week right now, as a heads up!

JT/JL Dash Mounts are almost done, so that'll be the next thread you see from me! Also have something a little more fun/strange that I've been playing with, so I may run that by you guys as well. :)

Matt
Does anybody know if you "follow" somebody on this forum, does that mean you get notified every time they post, or every time they start a new thread?

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
Just installed the rails the other day and tweaked the placement of the RotoPax mounts to be the way I like them. They were easy to install, though it took me a couple tries to get the RotoPax in a good place! This way I can carry gas on the trail or swap out for water. Still undecided on what to do with the sides since I want a bed rack...

IMG_20200228_085507572.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.