Sponsored

Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed.

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Thought I would post this because I couldn't find any info on putting a motorcycle in the bed when I was shopping. This is my Ducati Diavel in the bed of mine. From the tip of the front wheel to the last contact patch on the rear wheel, it is 78". Same with my R1200GS. The tailgate is rated for 500lb, and held me (200lb), the bike, and and heavy ramp just fine when I loaded it up. If I had my druthers, I would not haul a bike with the tailgate down... but I don't have much of an option with this.

20200130_102517.jpg

20200130_102523.jpg
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Thought I would post this because I couldn't find any info on putting a motorcycle in the bed when I was shopping. This is my Ducati Diavel in the bed of mine. From the tip of the front wheel to the last contact patch on the rear wheel, it is 78". Same with my R1200GS. The tailgate is rated for 500lb, and held me (200lb), the bike, and and heavy ramp just fine when I loaded it up. If I had my druthers, I would not haul a bike with the tailgate down... but I don't have much of an option with this.

20200130_102517.jpg

20200130_102523.jpg
Nice! Which ramp are you using? I want to get my Monster to the track a few times this year

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I think it was called a spider something. Got it on Amazon but I can't find it there any more. It wide enough for an ATV.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Looks good to me. 3 or 4 straps and your done. Two to compress the forks, and one or two to hold down the back. The four D clamps on the JT bed are perfect for making sure the bike does not bounce around on the tail gate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Yessir. I won't do it often but being able to bring the bike for a trip or two without having to haul a trailer is the majority of the reason I went JT and not JL.

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Barely. I think it's 8 foot, folds up to four and change.

AFMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
And it folds up small enough to fit in the bed?
If you look closely you can see my ramp on the other side of my Beta. Like loudog3114 I use an ATV ramp for ease of loading. Mine folds in half and fits nicely strapped in along the side of the bed. I think it's 48" wide by 60" long. Of course my Beta's only about 220# wet so it's really easy to load compared to a sport bike.
20200104_170755.jpg

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

20200130_102517.jpg

20200130_102523.jpg
thank you for posting this. It is snowing and I need to pick up my new bike and don’t want to rent a trailer.
I am glad to see it fits

Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Nice! I have a dodge ram 2500 that I use to take my harley(the one in my profile. Road king classic. ) on trips. Have been from NY to Fla over a half dozen times. NY to Tenn a couple of times. Always with the tail gate down. I put a piece of 1 inch plywood down first to help distribute the weight off of the tail gate.

When buying the JT I knew I wasn't going to be able to put the bike in the bed. It is quite a bit longer and heavier than yours. The rear tire would be about an inch from the end of the gate. I also picture the gate failing with me the bike and the ramp on it.

It bumps me out to have to think about pulling it on a trailer but it is what it is.

Enjoy!

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
If you look closely you can see my ramp on the other side of my Beta. Like loudog3114 I use an ATV ramp for ease of loading. Mine folds in half and fits nicely strapped in along the side of the bed. I think it's 48" wide by 60" long. Of course my Beta's only about 220# wet so it's really easy to load compared to a sport bike.
20200104_170755.jpg
Nice Beta! I have a 2016 390 myself! Can't wait to loud it up get some riding in.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about hauling with the tailgate down. Use 4 straps and you are good to go. If you're worried about weight, just drop a 3/4 piece of plywood in the bed that goes over the tailgate.

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thank you for posting this. I've got an MT07 that I've been struggling on whether or not to buy a trailer for. Looks like I'll grab a ramp instead. My bike is about 8-10" shorter than the Diavel (beautiful, BTW) so i should be GTG.

jtad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
I have a Load All system built for our JT. I haven't installed it yet, we just took delivery of the Jeep last week. But I did install the Load All in my F-150 and haul it from Texas to South Carolina. Works like a champ.. They are pricey but they will build you one to fit in a 6 foot bed.

jtad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
I have a Load All system built for our JT. I haven't installed it yet, we just took delivery of the Jeep last week. But I did install the Load All in my F-150 and haul it from Texas to South Carolina. Works like a champ.. They are pricey but they will build you one to fit in a 6 foot bed.

It carries no weight on the tailgate.. Hauled my 900 lbs Streetglide no problem.. Will install in the JT in the next few weeks..When not using it,it collapses down and you can close the tailgate

20190914_104212.jpg
Sponsored