Smitty X20 vs ARC Gen 3 winch

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Anyone have experience with either and how do you like it? I’m not finding much difference between the two besides the remote really.

edit: XRC Gen 3* .... damn phone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OVRLND_G8R

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed the IP67 rating on the Gen 3 vs the IP68 rating on the x20.

interesting how the newer one isn’t IP68.

might go with x20. Thanks for the website spazzyfry123

CG07SUT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX being replaced by Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I had the Gen 2 X20 on my 14 JKURX for almost 6 years, worked every time with the exception of once when the sh**y power switch went out. Replaced with a waterproof once from Amazon (maybe a $3.00 part) and it kept running. When it came time to get a winch for my new JT, I went back to what worked for me so well over the years. I always preferred the wireless capability of the Gen 2, something that appears to be gone with the Gen 3.

meenone69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Ram Power Wagon, 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Just ordered the x20 Gen2 from CJ Offroad...havent received it yet, but did a lot of research before purchasing...what helped me decide was the warranty they offer...limited lifetime versus 1 year on some others. I'll let you know what I really think after I get it installed.

On a side note, so I purchased from CJOFFROAD as stated above, I check my email the next day and low and behold 4 Wheel Parts has it for 100 bucks cheaper, so I send an email to CJ asking if they price match, they wait 2 days and send me a response asking if 4WP has free shipping. I immediately replied to the response saying of course they do on all orders over 75 dollars, not quite sure what that had to do it...butnthat was 4 days ago and I have not heard a peep from them....anyone else ever had an experience like this?

Sponsored

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I am new to winchs - looked into X2
What make difference 10K lbs, 12K lbs or higher for the gladiators?

OP
OP
OVRLND_G8R

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went with the x20. Haven’t needed it yet due to the quarantine and not getting out there easy install.... or at least if I need to do a second one it would be easy haha
6F43C1B8-4A7D-4DB5-8EBD-7D2CB6BB2840.jpeg

Spokes03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR GCM
Went with the x20. Haven’t needed it yet due to the quarantine and not getting out there easy install.... or at least if I need to do a second one it would be easy haha
Jeep Gladiator Smitty X20 vs ARC Gen 3 winch 6F43C1B8-4A7D-4DB5-8EBD-7D2CB6BB2840
Looks good! 10k or 12k winch? That’s my dilemma right now. Also what winch plate and what license plate bracket did you go with.

OP
OP
OVRLND_G8R

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! 10k or 12k winch? That’s my dilemma right now. Also what winch plate and what license plate bracket did you go with.
Went with 12k.Found it on sale on amazon so the price difference between the 10 and 12 was minimal.

winch plate was the rugged ridge. Simple install. Just follow the instructions and works well. I did however drill out the skid plate instead of cutting their brackets. Tool wise was just easier.

licenses plate bracket is by @Maximus-3 found on their website. Great quality and tucks it away out of everything. Highly recommend it.

https://maximus-3.com/home/jl-stealth-front-license-plate-bracket-frame
Sponsored