Sponsored

Locker options for Sport

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I’d have to find it again. Since that’s a project that’s about 9 months out I didn’t save it because better deals may be available then. All I remember it that it was a site that sells mostly Mopar parts. The harness was at Quadratec. You will need to drill the diff housing for the harness and tap the bolt hole.
Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Well I’m definitely not the know all be all, but I’ll give you my thoughts.
ARB are excellent I’ve had them in the past. If you’re not planning to play in the mud and rocks an “e” locker will serve you well. And I’m sure the aftermarket will catch up soon!
Another thought is running in soft sand you’re going to be better off locking front and rear. If the rear only breaks free you’ll sink and have to be pulled out!
Again this is my humble opinion!
Why do you say e locker not for rocks?

Ryan...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Has there every been a "competition" between OEM lockers and a product like ARB?

I'm assuming both work extremely well, and ARB has a lot of packages for front/rear lockers + compressor for a hair over $2k. Considering the average person would probably be paying for install for either, they're pretty similar in price.

(not for the Gladiator):

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...9o3E1Fy052D44uiI-pktm6NGvOzXpCaBoCZJ8QAvD_BwE

OP
OP
Hypersaline

Hypersaline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT sport
I really appreciate the overbusy mod who moved my topic from GD where it had traffic to a tiny sub forum where it can die quietly.

Awesome.

30 years of Jeep experience now leaving the forum.

Well.......Bye.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I really appreciate the overbusy mod who moved my topic from GD where it had traffic to a tiny sub forum where it can die quietly.

Awesome.

30 years of Jeep experience now leaving the forum.

Well.......Bye.
I think this might be a little bit of an over reaction. I don't know the mod that moved your thread, but they were just doing their job. This is the section of the forum that it belongs in. If I was to come looking for info on putting lockers in a Sport, I'd look in the axle subforum.

It might have gotten more views in the General Discussion area but the data does not support that theory. It looks like the tread was moved on Monday. Before that the most replies you got in a day was four, after the move the most you got was four.

It would be shame to loose all your experience over something this small.

Sponsored

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
I think this might be a little bit of an over reaction. I don't know the mod that moved your thread, but they were just doing their job. This is the section of the forum that it belongs in. If I was to come looking for info on putting lockers in a Sport, I'd look in the axle subforum.

It might have gotten more views in the General Discussion area but the data does not support that theory. It looks like the tread was moved on Monday. Before that the most replies you got in a day was four, after the move the most you got was four.

It would be shame to loose all your experience over something this small.
I found it after it was moved

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Why do you say e locker not for rocks?
I'd love to hear an answer to this as well. They either lock or they don't and in my experience I have had more trouble with pneumatics than electronics over the years.

Thread not dead yet!

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still here waiting for the link to the OEM locker for 800 ECT. I've got nothing to input on selectable lockers. I've only used LS, Detroit lockers and lunchbox lockers.
With that info 2 Trac-Loc's rear axles (first a 35 then a 44) with that and a lunchbox front set up I have surprised many people. I flat worn out a deadblow hammer re-gearing that D44 axle from 3:55 to 4:56 from pulling out and replacing moving shims ECT. Done it in my driveway... ;) first one might be last one. Dang that was 20 years ago. Still going with a Trac-Loc LS Diff.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
I don’t see how this thread doesn’t have more comments. Would love some info from ppl much more knowledgeable than me.
Unfortunately I think it's just too soon. Just not many options out there yet.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37