Sponsored

Truetrac on sport s 3:73? What's the spline count?

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
You are incorrect. ALL Dana 44 Advantek axles are 32 spline. It says that right on the left side of the page. It mentions locking differentials right in the center. Put your glasses on...

DC59E700-54A3-4A1A-BF16-51F3A11C81FF.jpeg

2A77DBF2-4427-4474-B447-4561A81F8668.jpeg
Sorry about missing the Electric locker. And I new a "locker" was available. ARB (They support just about anything) and and E-locker They are made for the factory Rubicon so would be available. Just not a TrueTrac/Torseon "gear" type. And read these articles, https://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangler-jeep-axle-identification.html and here https://www.northridge4x4.com/scp/drivetrain/axles/axle-shafts
JK rear Rubicon/D44 axles went to 32 spline. All JL/JT Dana 44's front or rear are 32 spline. I must have been mistaken about the 35 spline, it had been a few month since I was researching.
Advantek must referring to upgrading from a "normal" non jeep Dana 44 or Non Rubicon on the JK. I believe Jeep is the only one using 32 spline. Most likely the reason for lack of after market support. Not enough market yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
Also, if you are asking the spline count for axle/diff swap reasons? It might be important to note that the Rubicon E-locker required different length axles due to differences in the internals. I have found "upgraded" aftermarket Lockers and axles are 35 spline. Still trying to find if the factory Gladiator Rubicon axle had those. Most of the info I can find is not current enough to show this.
This being said, It is quite possible that the Max Tow has a different length axle shaft length and spline count than the Rubicon due to not having the E-locker internals that required the different axle length in the first place. Or they could just change the side gears in an open carrier to work with the axle shafts they already have for the Rubicon. Jeep would do what ever was most cost effective.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Also, if you are asking the spline count for axle/diff swap reasons? It might be important to note that the Rubicon E-locker required different length axles due to differences in the internals. I have found "upgraded" aftermarket Lockers and axles are 35 spline. Still trying to find if the factory Gladiator Rubicon axle had those. Most of the info I can find is not current enough to show this.
This being said, It is quite possible that the Max Tow has a different length axle shaft length and spline count than the Rubicon due to not having the E-locker internals that required the different axle length in the first place. Or they could just change the side gears in an open carrier to work with the axle shafts they already have for the Rubicon. Jeep would do what ever was most cost effective.
:facepalm:

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
I sent Eaton a couple emails... I was surprised with what they replied back with !!!

...... Nothing :-/ ...... yeesh.

Was hoping to run dual tru-trac when i do the re-gear. but seems the whole aftermarket is lagging, so I am forced to constantly make compromises.

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Well, i've given up on that, going to 4.88's next week. Once i learned about the jeep brake lock differential and seen some vids of it in action it helped me chill out on this. For my needs this will be plenty good at getting enough wheels spinning when i need. If i crawled and offroaded as my main gig then i'd continue to wait and watch for locker/lsd options. As it is i just like to get into areas to hunt/fish and all that goes along with that, not into overlanding or trying to get my vehicle through the country which i'll gladly hike and do my thing. Getting down mucky lease roads during breakup and to retrieve the odd animal, this rig on 37's with 4.88's and bdl system will do what i need and then some. Check it out peeps.

Sponsored

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ring gear on the Nissan is 226mm overall diameter, On the JT it is 220, inside diameter is also different. Assuming the truetrac is sized for the ring inside diameter, the JT/JL ring won't fit. I toyed with the idea of using ring and pinion from a Nissan, but pinion spline count is different. Can't use Nissan U-joint yoke because JT does not use a U-joint, It is a CV looking joint. You could use a custom drive shaft but now we are getting too expensive/complicated for my purpose. Now if we could get someone like Yukon gear to make a ring and pinion for the Nissan truetrac with the JT spline count, we might be talking. The Nissan gear is stronger, because of the larger diameter. Do not know if the bearings would be the same.

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yes. The front and rear differentials on the JT/JL use different size ring gear. 210 front 220 rear. Would possible require different truetrac.
And axle shaft length are offset on Rubicon with E-Locker and not on non Rubicon. But I can find no mention of Max Tow axle length other than they are a different part number. So don't know what offset it may or may not require. Still lots of information I can't find.

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)