almost free exhaust upgrade

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Yesterday I replaced the front resonator with a piece of 2.5" pipe, expanded at each end (to 2.58" ID) to slip over the curved pipe at the front and straight pipe behind the resonator, after cutting off the resonator close to its body. Sound is virtually the same, but I removed that low hanging rock catching resonator.
Sponsored

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Do you have a video you can post of the sound?

OP
OP
whiteglad

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
No, I just got it done yesterday. In limited driving, I can say it is slightly louder, as you would expect since the resonator must do something, however slight, if Jeep bothered to put it on there. I took the res off mostly because it was the low hanging fruit, so to speak, a rock magnet. I would not do this mod if you want "aggressive" sound like many aftermarket systems advertise. Just look at the mufflers they use--one small reverse flow or (louder) a straight through design. The factory muffler is a big reverse flow and does almost all the "work" to quiet the exhaust. I was not looking for loudness, just ground clearance and maybe a little less restriction. I also hoped not to get any drone which some aftermarket setups have.

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Yeah the main purpose of the resonator is to reduce drone at highway speeds. Curious to know if that will be present now.