Fridge in bed on slide

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
The ARB Classic II 60L fridge works with the Transit cover and the Snowmaster fridge slider (shallowest slider). You do have to open the first lip of the tonneau to allow it to slide out, but that's because that outer lip is thicker...overall fits great and been in use for a week now no issues...

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.25.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.25.52 AM.png
That's awesome, thank you. Do you happen to know the part number of the slide, and did you mean the Classic II 63L fridge?
Sponsored

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
That's awesome, thank you. Do you happen to know the part number of the slide, and did you mean the Classic II 63L fridge?
ha! Yes...got confused between the Quart and Liter...but the “60” size...

for the slide I don’t, but snow master has one that fits this one perfect so if you call the dealer it would be best.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

for the slide I don’t, but snow master has one that fits this one perfect so if you call the dealer it would be best.
Thanks - just reached out to them!

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OK - reached out to Snomaster USA and here's what the guy said:

This one is 3/4" high from bed
https://www.dfgoffroad.com/fridge-slide/10-dfg-offroad-fridge-slide-for-arb-63-82-qt.html

This one is is 1"
https://tembotusk.myshopify.com/collections/fridge-cargo-slides/products/jumbo-front-pull-slide

I can't tell which one you're running...is it one of these? The Tembotusk slide is black, but I don't see the metal tabs protruding out front that yours has.

Sponsored

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
OK - reached out to Snomaster USA and here's what the guy said:

This one is 3/4" high from bed
https://www.dfgoffroad.com/fridge-slide/10-dfg-offroad-fridge-slide-for-arb-63-82-qt.html

This one is is 1"
https://tembotusk.myshopify.com/collections/fridge-cargo-slides/products/jumbo-front-pull-slide

I can't tell which one you're running...is it one of these? The Tembotusk slide is black, but I don't see the metal tabs protruding out front that yours has.
Neither of these but the 3/4" one seems to be just right in terms of height. I'll ask my supplier here which one I have and if I can find a link for it...

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Neither of these but the 3/4" one seems to be just right in terms of height. I'll ask my supplier here which one I have and if I can find a link for it...
thanks. I realized your location so we might not have in the US what you have over there.

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks. I realized your location so we might not have in the US what you have over there.
Yeah, and potentially we have old stock items here...

mcolbyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The ARB Classic II 60L fridge works with the Transit cover and the Snowmaster fridge slider (shallowest slider). You do have to open the first lip of the tonneau to allow it to slide out, but that's because that outer lip is thicker...overall fits great and been in use for a week now no issues...

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.25.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 10.25.52 AM.png
how did you mount your slide to the bed? Looking at a Rebel Offroad no drill mount. Looks fairly easy to remove between rides.

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how did you mount your slide to the bed? Looking at a Rebel Offroad no drill mount. Looks fairly easy to remove between rides.
I simply drilled and bolted it down...last thing I wanted was a 60L fridge/freezer rolling around the back!

Sponsored

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Alpicool cf45 from Amazon fits under Mopar soft trifold. The lid is actually at a slight angle, so the rear clears the tonneau crossbar and the high front end fits under the soft cover. I mocked up my slide and it clears. Do need to unlatch the tonneau to lift just a bit to clear it before sliding though.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
You wouldn't happen to have a build thread on your slide, would you?
Unfortunately not as I was in a time-crunch to get it done before a big road trip.

The biggest headache was planning/measuring. The tailgate has a slightly higher ridge than the bed so getting the height was the most important part. In order for it to fit it had to be high enough to clear the tailgate ridge and low enough as my TruckCoversUSA tonneau has a lip that hangs down below the sides of the bed about 1/2". I ended up shaving about 1/8" off the fridge feet just for an added bit of clearance.

I ordered heavy duty drawer slides from amazon similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/SDPAWA-40-Se...adania+drawer+slides+40&qid=1592311387&sr=8-6
-I found a set from a different supplier for a bit cheaper but they do not have stock anymore.

I ordered my raw aluminum pieces from:
https://www.midweststeelsupply.com/store/
-they are great because they have a large selection and everything was cut to my measurements and very precise.

I used thicker 2-1/2" x 2" x 1/4" structural angle for the support rails on the bed. I mounted the heavy duty drawer slides to those brackets.

I made a frame out of 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8" structural angle for the frame of the drawer slides.

The base for the slide is 6061 Aluminum sheet 0.125" thick.

I Used machine screws from home depot to mount everything together after drilling holes where I needed and some 5/8" bolts/washers to mount it to the bed.

The fridge slide on the left was made in 2 sections, mainly so that I could have tie-down strength for the rubber straps to hold the fridge down and have more storage behind the fridge for a box of dry food goods.

The main thing is making it to the size you need. I ended up doing 2 slides side-by-side almost the complete length of the bed (with room for my water tank/pump and propane tank at the head of the bed).

Here are really the only pics I have; wish I had done a build thread as they turned out amazing and I'm sure others may want to do the same.

All-in I think was about $500 for the aluminum pieces pre-cut, 2 sets of heavy-duty drawer slides and all the machine screws/mounting bits etc...

If you have any questions feel free to send a DM...

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide IMG_7814

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide IMG_7720

Jeep Gladiator Fridge in bed on slide IMG_7779
Sponsored